Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

PTR Shadow set bonus changes

Priest
    Item - Priest T19 Shadow 4P Bonus: For 4 -2.50- sec after activating Voidform, the cooldown on Void Bolt is reduced by 100%.

Item - Priest T20 Shadow 2P Bonus:
    Mind Flay damage increases the damage of your next Mind Blast by 3% and its Insanity generation by 100. Stacks up to 10 times.
    Item - Priest T20 Shadow 4P Bonus:
    Insanity drains 25% slower while in Voidform.

did someone check this out,it looks really INSANE,like holy shit, are we getting surrender to madness back? or it gets nerfed 5 times before it hits live and 5 more after?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotality View Post
    Priest
    Item - Priest T19 Shadow 4P Bonus: For 4 -2.50- sec after activating Voidform, the cooldown on Void Bolt is reduced by 100%.

Item - Priest T20 Shadow 2P Bonus:
    Mind Flay damage increases the damage of your next Mind Blast by 3% and its Insanity generation by 100. Stacks up to 10 times.
    Item - Priest T20 Shadow 4P Bonus:
    Insanity drains 25% slower while in Voidform.

did someone check this out,it looks really INSANE,like holy shit, are we getting surrender to madness back? or it gets nerfed 5 times before it hits live and 5 more after?
    Mind Flay damage increases the damage of your next Mind Blast by 3% and its Insanity generation by 100. Stacks up to 10 times. is actually 1 insanity generation per stack, so 10 in total with 10 stacks.. that is fine.

4p will definetly be nerfed.. way too OP. even without S2M

Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    Mind Flay damage increases the damage of your next Mind Blast by 3% and its Insanity generation by 100. Stacks up to 10 times. is actually 1 insanity generation per stack, so 10 in total with 10 stacks.. that is fine.

4p will definetly be nerfed.. way too OP. even without S2M

No, is not that op, considering the other class's also get a lot of increase dps in ToS, and spriest isnt in a good spot right now.

Deleted
    Everyone on this fuc* forum is crying over how Spriest are weak. And the second we get boost you start crying its op and needs to be nerfed! No wonder, If i were tp be blizzard developer, I would just ignore this community.

It's not 100 insanity, its 3 insaniy per stack. Tooltip is wrong from datamining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leonasc View Post
    No, is not that op, considering the other class's also get a lot of increase dps in ToS, and spriest isnt in a good spot right now.
    It gets you, on average 15-20 seconds longer VF, that is 30-40% damage increase.. that is without S2M btw..
    S2M is going to get stupidly OP again. This will be nerfed.. or its back to square one, with people being forced into S2M and wanting options again.

Deleted
    4p should not work with s2m and everyone will be happy

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smooge View Post
    Everyone on this fuc* forum is crying over how Spriest are weak. And the second we get boost you start crying its op and needs to be nerfed! No wonder, If i were tp be blizzard developer, I would just ignore this community.
    Just a few months back S2M was an absolute monster that completely dominated the meters. In case you missed it, it was nerfed by lowering insanity generation and increasing decay rate. Both of those are reverted by the set bonus - and then some. Stacked S2M does the highest dps in game by far and would completely break some fights. Again.

Not to mention making any other talent completely useless in comparison.

I play spriest and I honestly think 25% is overshooting the marker by a lot. I havent looked at other classes t20 but if I just compare it to the t19 the difference is going to be insane (pun intended).

I think 5-10% is probably the mark to shoot for here but hey, I don't mind being on top...

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    And while this fixes raid dps for single targets or long lived adds bosses, we are still stuck with no burst aoe or aoe at all.

Mythic+ and any bosses with short lived adds will further widen the gap.

And until we get 4-pieces, the nerf to T19 will make us garbage...

Deleted
    i only do 920k with t20 4p instead of 870k with t19 on the ptr at the 3 dummy in the order hall, dunno whats op about that

Is not that op if u dont consider STM, because that extra stacks we will get will be the dmg we need to catch up the others class's while we get no changes on our class

Quote Originally Posted by raika View Post
    i only do 920k with t20 4p instead of 870k with t19 on the ptr at the 3 dummy in the order hall, dunno whats op about that
    Not sure how thats even possible. You should have significantly more stacks with the t20 and every stack is 2% more dot damage + extra haste. I haven't tried it or simmed it but my "feelycraft" screams bullshit on that claim.

Quote Originally Posted by leonasc View Post
    Is not that op if u dont consider STM, because that extra stacks we will get will be the dmg we need to catch up the others class's while we get no changes on our class
    And this new tier does jack shit for all the problem shadow priest have, no aoe, no burst, the worst ramp up in the game, and now we are losing our t19 4p so good bye mobility, oh and have fun reddoting over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Not sure how thats even possible. You should have significantly more stacks with the t20 and every stack is 2% more dot damage + extra haste. I haven't tried it or simmed it but my "feelycraft" screams bullshit on that claim.
    It's definitely a better tier set. I fucked around a bit on the PTR without add-ons or WAs and was doing about ~130-200k more with the T20 bonuses compared to my T19 Mythic set. (LotV, of course.) I was averaging 40+ stacks per non-PI VF which felt much nicer. 50~60 with PI/lust. (As an aside, new trinkets seem meh.) Surrender felt much less punishing to play as well. Overall it's a really nice set bonus but it'll likely get nerfed before going live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    And this new tier does jack shit for all the problem shadow priest have, no aoe, no burst, the worst ramp up in the game, and now we are losing our t19 4p so good bye mobility, oh and have fun reddoting over and over again.
    Losing the mobility of T19 4-piece does suck but it effectively amounts to an extra ~2 seconds of planning for movement. Raw damage from stats and otherwise far outweigh a few globals spent casting instants while moving.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's definitely a better tier set. I fucked around a bit on the PTR without add-ons or WAs and was doing about ~130-200k more with the T20 bonuses compared to my T19 Mythic set. (LotV, of course.) I was averaging 40+ stacks per non-PI VF which felt much nicer. 50~60 with PI/lust. (As an aside, new trinkets seem meh.) Surrender felt much less punishing to play as well. Overall it's a really nice set bonus but it'll likely get nerfed before going live.

- - - Updated - - -

Losing the mobility of T19 4-piece does suck but it effectively amounts to an extra ~2 seconds of planning for movement. Raw damage from stats and otherwise far outweigh a few globals spent casting instants while moving.
    Yea nobody cant deny that the new tier is quite strong but its a step backward in term of gameplay.

LotV + SC should have a different 4set than S2M. As long as surrender exists they cant balance LotV properly with this new 4set. Having to use S2M and dying if u fail your rotation to only do the SAME AMMOUNT of dmg as any other ranged is not gonna cut it, why bring someone who risk dying to nothing? And balancing the 4 set to S2M is only gonna make lotv trash.

swap t19 2set and 4set around + make the t20 4set %ages different depending on talent (ex. 25% Lotv +Sc - 15%S2M)

Also SC should be baseline (maybe nerf dmg idc, just so we have some proper splash dmg on lowhp packs) and move Misery to another row. Swap our best cd for some QoL? wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Bengtson View Post
    LotV + SC should have a different 4set than S2M. As long as surrender exists they cant balance LotV properly with this new 4set. Having to use S2M and dying if u fail your rotation to only do the SAME AMMOUNT of dmg as any other ranged is not gonna cut it, why bring someone who risk dying to nothing? And balancing the 4 set to S2M is only gonna make lotv trash.

swap t19 2set and 4set around + make the t20 4set %ages different depending on talent (ex. 25% Lotv +Sc - 15%S2M)

Also SC should be baseline (maybe nerf dmg idc, just so we have some proper splash dmg on lowhp packs) and move Misery to another row. Swap our best cd for some QoL? wtf
    Even with T20, S2M still has drawbacks. It's garbage for progression. If the boss has mechanics which make it impossible for you to attack for extended periods of time, you just die. If you have to deal with a mechanic, you die. I think this tier set will make S2M more viable for farm but LotV will still be played and this set bonus helps us keep a high VF uptime which is a huge positive. I'm interested to see how the tier ultimately pans out if this set bonus isn't nerfed but I don't think we'll be at pre-7.1.5 levels of dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Even with T20, S2M still has drawbacks. It's garbage for progression. If the boss has mechanics which make it impossible for you to attack for extended periods of time, you just die. If you have to deal with a mechanic, you die. I think this tier set will make S2M more viable for farm but LotV will still be played and this set bonus helps us keep a high VF uptime which is a huge positive. I'm interested to see how the tier ultimately pans out if this set bonus isn't nerfed but I don't think we'll be at pre-7.1.5 levels of dominance.
    Yes, you are correct. But im scared that blizzard doesnt think of that and balance the t20 4set after the dps S2M can do at a patchwerk-like scenario. we lack splash aoe, atleast give us some chance in the ST stage.

Might be a dumb question but... do you stack the mindflay buff to 10 stacks everytime with t20?