Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    There was a day in WotLK just before Ulduar launched (so march-april 2009 ish) where the gong became active, so anyone who had the scepter could hit it and get the rewards, whereas you were meant to be the first person on the server to hit it, or be within 10 hours of that person, before the gong deactivated.

Kinda gutted I missed the bug, I got the scepter in TBC and only found out about it after it had been fixed
    Huh, never heard of it, thanks for the explanation. I thought (and heared) that the sudden amount of scarab lords where done by trading accounts/characters through third parties.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    what bug if i may ask?
    I wouldnt call it a bug. Basically there were some realms with the AQ gates closed where people could transfer with their scepters and Bang the Gong!.(some did it in TBC, but most finished it in WotLK) In TBC this happened very very few times. However in WotLK at level 80, it was just a complete mess. There were hundreds (maybe a thousand) of players that participated in one of these mass event opening. This all happened on realms that were launched with gates closed before patch 3.0.9. Some people rerolled to 80 and finished the questline on their respective servers, and many,many players finished the questline on their own realm and waited for the transfer lockout to be over. After the transfer lockout was over, and nobody still opened the gates on those realms (wich was like 3 months I believe?) these players would all Bang the Gong! together. It's a mistake by Blizzard to let this happen tbh, since the originals who got it in Vanilla worked atleast 100x harder to open the gates with their own realm. It was insanity at level 60.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Fifth Element.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    I was one point away from getting it on my mage back in wrath, but for some reason I could never get that last point

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loqmani View Post
    Snip
    Thanks for the explanation. I wouldn't call the questline/effort in vanilla truly insane, but certainly I will not do something like this again. I just wanted to open the gates as fast as possible, even did some days without sleep and farmed those elite bugs alone as a warrior :>

Quote Originally Posted by GKLeatherCraft View Post
    Considering the amount of people that got that via a bug, I wouldn't say that one.
    Did somebody order a knuckle sandwich on a non melee would be one that gets my vote.
    When this was doable easily, although time consumingly, via dragon npc that was attackable, but non aggressive; the dragon was chained as part of the quest near - IIRC - Black Temple. It was fixed at some point, but nevertheless many would say it was exploiting bugged npc.

Deleted
    Thanks for the explanation. I wouldn't call the questline/effort in vanilla truly insane, but certainly I will not do something like this again. I just wanted to open the gates as fast as possible, even did some days without sleep and farmed those elite bugs alone as a warrior :>
    Those bugs you farmed without sleep had to be killed by 5 man at level 60. The questline and effort was truly insane

Deleted
    Those bugs you farmed without sleep had to be killed by 5 man at level 60. The questline and effort was truly insane
    Yeah I died a couple times, but it was doable solo. At least as a Warrior, don't think it would work without plate armor back then.

Ateish, the shendralar rep as ppl said, and prolly scarab lord if it havent been made to new servers later on.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    There was a day in WotLK just before Ulduar launched (so march-april 2009 ish) where the gong became active, so anyone who had the scepter could hit it and get the rewards, whereas you were meant to be the first person on the server to hit it, or be within 10 hours of that person, before the gong deactivated.

Kinda gutted I missed the bug, I got the scepter in TBC and only found out about it after it had been fixed
    Nah, not what happened. When 2.0 hit the servers crashed so hard that the gates closed, but no-one was really in a position to take advantage of it. Some may have, but I didn't hear of any on my server.

I was expecting it however for 3.0, so I had my scepter ready to go. When 3.0 hit and the gates shut due to the severe crashing I was telling guildies to get it done, and sure enough the gong became active and 20 new scarab lords were created.

- - - Updated - - -

I got it and weaponsmaster on a warlock in LK.. it was fairly trivial. Just banished an elemental and sat there punching it for a while and read a book.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldnt call it a bug. Basically there were some realms with the AQ gates closed where people could transfer with their scepters and Bang the Gong!.(some did it in TBC, but most finished it in WotLK) In TBC this happened very very few times. However in WotLK at level 80, it was just a complete mess. There were hundreds (maybe a thousand) of players that participated in one of these mass event opening. This all happened on realms that were launched with gates closed before patch 3.0.9. Some people rerolled to 80 and finished the questline on their respective servers, and many,many players finished the questline on their own realm and waited for the transfer lockout to be over. After the transfer lockout was over, and nobody still opened the gates on those realms (wich was like 3 months I believe?) these players would all Bang the Gong! together. It's a mistake by Blizzard to let this happen tbh, since the originals who got it in Vanilla worked atleast 100x harder to open the gates with their own realm. It was insanity at level 60.
    This was a different event to the 3.0 surge when the gates bugged shut on many servers.

Deleted
    I did this on my mage back then... Mana Armour and low rep costs for cloth. :3

Quote Originally Posted by solshine2510 View Post
    When this was doable easily, although time consumingly, via dragon npc that was attackable, but non aggressive; the dragon was chained as part of the quest near - IIRC - Black Temple. It was fixed at some point, but nevertheless many would say it was exploiting bugged npc.
    If you raid you wipe. When you're wiping unequip your weapon and fail to punch the boss, a few (or a lot, depends how much you wipe) raids later achievement city baby.

Yeah I died a couple times, but it was doable solo. At least as a Warrior, don't think it would work without plate armor back then.
    I remember soloing them on my shaman for hours.. and had a hunter friend who was solo grinding the shit out of it as well.. but we were decked in BWL gear

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=5...the-shendralar

Shen'dralar rep was cancer to do, if you didn't have an absurd amount of gold, to burn on the AH.. One of the things that nearly drove me insane IRL..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Rank 1 Gladiator
    Grand Crusader
    Death's Demise
    The Chosen (Pre CoS)
    High Warlord (Legacy but up there nonetheless)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not counting unobtainable ones for obvious reasons:

The last of us
    Hero of Shattrath (the nightmares)
    The Insane
    Herald of the Titans

Quote Originally Posted by solshine2510 View Post
    It was easy doing it the normal way too..

I did it on my priest in wrath, just went inside normal VH and auto attacked those mobs that spawn at the start for a few hours.

iirc it didn't really require any healing, and I did like no damage, so they didn't die.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    "A couple of times" Are you sure? Back in Vanilla you solo'd the bugs on a warrior?

I'm not inclined to believe you, but hats off if it's true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorraxe View Post
    Grand Marshal / High Warlord Titel back in the days.
    If done solo, 90% of the HW/GW I knew or heard of account shared to get the achievement. It was a monumental task if your server was busy/active but really just a long grind, reliant mostly on a team.

We would get people into our premade and have the leader as the rank 1 on the server for that time, he'd lead and organise who got standings 1-4 on the server for that period until he got his rank 14 and the rank 13 would step up and lead. If that makes sense? Otherwise if your server was busy it was an absolutel free for all and you had to absolutely out grind the other people vying for standing 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Balance of Light and Shadow is probably my favorite (because Anathema and Benediction are the best looking staves in-game), right next to my Charger achieve on my paladin.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Every time I see that guy brought up I'm forced to wonder if he's immortal. How else could he justify spending that much of his life picking flowers to level?
    I don't know lol, But I'd like to see what his /Played sits at