Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh who is Mami?
    Dezcos wife, for how short she lived.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Blood Elves. Hands down. Just wish they were more like their pre-restored sunwell incarnation.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Blood Elves. Hands down. Just wish they were more like their pre-restored sunwell incarnation.
    wtb more Rommath.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Draenei has been my favorite race since BC

Deleted
    Murlocs ofc

Probably Humans or Trolls. I like the whole Arathor/Ancient Troll Empire stuff, especially how the remnants of the Troll empires are still littered in multiple zones.

Used to prefer the Night Elves since WC3 but they've gotten alot of focus now. I'd love to see more focus on Arathor and the Troll Tribes.

Blood elves, because of how regal and fanatical they are, and how highly they think of themselves, even when sucking the life forces out of things they do it royally. Besides all the political stuff they went through when they lost their figure of power and how broken the entire kingdom is. And even the fact that they downplay them so much in-game is something I like. I also agree with the comment that said that we've watch them fall and rise again through the different incarnations of Warcraft. Now all we need is a Caverns of Time: The Fall of Silvermoon to put the cherry on top of the Sindorei love.
    A not-so-distant second would be the Draenei racial lore, especially with the whole Man'ari thing added. I love how a righteous light-infused goodie-goodies are also the root of the most evil and cunning villains we've faced so far. I wish that you could have the option of being a not so pure Draenei in-game, maybe that would make me choose them to play as, instead of a Worgen, lol, but still, they're pretty cool.

For me it's Trolls (although admittedly it's very lacking in details), All bug factions but Mantid were delivered the best, Mogu and Pandaren, aaand some titan stuff. With Night elves it's just Azshara stuff and naga. Recently Arrakoa lore was very deep and I wish we learned something more about them.

On the other hand I find belven lore to be the most offing as the amount of plot armor is truly enormous especially in TBC, how Silvermoon is still standing, the human-sunwell (like seriously WTF?) , Velen appearing and enhancing Sunwell after they gave him no reason to do that, and other stuff. They had to go lenght to justify their presence in Horde, and their change from mana addicted elves to "holier than you" paladins that saves the world. It seems that all the development from Wc3 went to hell in WoW and got reversed "to be like it used to be".

I'm kinda writing my own little project where I write about Darkspear exile who wanders around the world and learns about ancient troll history, about it's heroes, about their lifestyle and all the bad stuff that happened to them. To bring to the light all that stuff that was hidden in game, learn about their nature and give them some more definition.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Tie between humans, night elves and blood elves.

For non-playable races I'd say nerubians because their archaerology history fascinates me. I really hope Azjol-Nerub becomes a zone in the future.

Ethereals. Here we have a race of humans that had their entire world destroyed. They were also bathed in arcane energies which tripped them of flesh and turned them into the ghostly entities we know today. Their response was quite interesting. Most races I think would be totally broken and give up. I mean look at the ogres. The ogres were once masters of Draenor, they got beaten down by the orcs or whatnot and they just lost the will to go on and kinda turned into grunts. The Ethereals response to losing everything was to look down upon fleshy creatures as lower forms of life. They set up zoos to capture fleshy things and trade them for money. They embarked across the Twisting Nether filled with new purpose and try to kill the Void Lords.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    For me it's Trolls (although admittedly it's very lacking in details), All bug factions but Mantid were delivered the best, Mogu and Pandaren, aaand some titan stuff. With Night elves it's just Azshara stuff and naga. Recently Arrakoa lore was very deep and I wish we learned something more about them.

On the other hand I find belven lore to be the most offing as the amount of plot armor is truly enormous especially in TBC, how Silvermoon is still standing, the human-sunwell (like seriously WTF?) , Velen appearing and enhancing Sunwell after they gave him no reason to do that, and other stuff. They had to go lenght to justify their presence in Horde, and their change from mana addicted elves to "holier than you" paladins that saves the world. It seems that all the development from Wc3 went to hell in WoW and got reversed "to be like it used to be".

I'm kinda writing my own little project where I write about Darkspear exile who wanders around the world and learns about ancient troll history, about it's heroes, about their lifestyle and all the bad stuff that happened to them. To bring to the light all that stuff that was hidden in game, learn about their nature and give them some more definition.
    I agree the Mantid, Mogu, Pandaren and Arrakoa were all very well delivered. Shame most people will never care because of their feelings against MoP and WoD.

Blood Elves, Forsaken close second.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Ethereals. Here we have a race of humans that had their entire world destroyed. They were also bathed in arcane energies which tripped them of flesh and turned them into the ghostly entities we know today. Their response was quite interesting. Most races I think would be totally broken and give up. I mean look at the ogres. The ogres were once masters of Draenor, they got beaten down by the orcs or whatnot and they just lost the will to go on and kinda turned into grunts. The Ethereals response to losing everything was to look down upon fleshy creatures as lower forms of life. They set up zoos to capture fleshy things and trade them for money. They embarked across the Twisting Nether filled with new purpose and try to kill the Void Lords.
    we don't know what the Etherals were but I don't think they were human. Unless I missed something big.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    we don't know what the Etherals were but I don't think they were human. Unless I missed something big.
    Humanoid, according to their lore, but not Azerothian Human to be sure.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazar View Post
    As the title states, what race has the most interesting lore in your opinion?
    Does not necessarily have to be tied to the playable faction (e.g. Trolls include all Troll tribes, not just Darkspear etc.).

Mine would have to be human (many wars, many interesting characters, betrayals...)
    or night elf (the rise and the fall, then rise again to a weird savage culture that they take pride in, probably to distance themselves from the highborne mistakes, just to finally accept other races (or highborne) again),
    although orcs and blood elves are closely behind.
    Gnomes, dwarves, and goblins. I think they're the most unique of all of the races created. I also like Goblin lore - I really enjoyed the Goblin starter zone, but realized a whole expansion based on commerce puns was just not going to fly - and the gnomes don't have a story worthy of an expansion, unless they pull the Trade Princes in, which they've shown no sign of doing. But I do love them, a lot - and I love how much people irrationally hate them.

Well, since you yourself said that the Troll lore would contain all tribes, I must say elven lore cause its the richest, and the elves had the most influence on what Azeroth is now. Many great, powerful characters.

Night Elf is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Well, since you yourself said that the Troll lore would contain all tribes, I must say elven lore cause its the richest, and the elves had the most influence on what Azeroth is now. Many great, powerful characters.
    Feels like the NE have been central to nearly all the lore so far though. For as monumental as the troll empires are in WC lore, they haven't gotten the same attention as the night elves, humans, or orcs.