Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Tell me who has the power to divulge that kind of information if not the president. HE makes those top level decisions. Not You. He has that power. You may disagree with what he did. I disagree with what he did. I dont not however live in a fantasy world were i believe he doesnt have the authority to do so. Keep whining everytime trump makes a presidential decision.
    Trump has the power to pardon anyone, too. Even if they act out crimes on his behalf.
    Having the authority doesn't make it acceptable, nor is he safe from doing it. At least if we had a Congress that put country over party.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Will Trump ever stop giving early Christmas presents to his opponents? My god.

I just wish he would do so in a manner that didn't annihilate our credibility along with his own. But I guess this is like the difference between getting an XBOne and a PS4.
    As I said, he's our most reliable accomplice.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Trump needs to resign immediately or be removed from office.
    I'm right there with you on that sentiment, but - given what you've said in the past - how does this fall into the "it will take 2 years to defeat Trump" stratagem?

I actually started wondering about that after seeing the backlash Trump got from firing Comey. It made me think "at this rate, will Trump even last until the 2 year mark?" If he doesn't and if Republicans for some reason) still don't abandon him, then what?

For all his other faults, this is exactly the type of scandal I was afraid of with Trump: that he would be so irresponsible that it would damage the nation in a way that would take years / decades to recover from.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    People really need to remember that the POTUS is not a god and cannot do whatever they feel whenever they feel. They are beholden to certain rules and regulations.
    Small correction ... "They SHOULD BE beholden to certain rules and regulations".

Right now - there is only ONE group that determines Trump's godhood ... the republican controlled Congress.

Without their intervention - Trump can be god for the next 2/4/6/8 years.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    I'm right there with you on that sentiment, but - given what you've said in the past - how does this fall into the "it will take 2 years to defeat Trump" stratagem?

I actually started wondering about that after seeing the backlash Trump got from firing Comey. It made me think "at this rate, will Trump even last until the 2 year mark?" If he doesn't and if Republicans for some reason) still don't abandon him, then what?

For all his other faults, this is exactly the type of scandal I was afraid of with Trump: that he would be so irresponsible that it would damage the nation in a way that would take years / decades to recover from.
    Because it's unlikely for the GOP to get on board with impeachment unless Trump continues these random unpredictable fuck ups or a blue wave threatens to crush them after mid terms. If the GOP take any losses in the mid terms, they're jumping off the train before they get assblasted in 2020 where they're defending a ton of seats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

People really need to remember that the POTUS is not a god and cannot do whatever they feel whenever they feel. They are beholden to certain rules and regulations.
    But what if you voted for him because you think he is infallible and refuse any information that goes against that?
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    But what if you voted for him because you think he is infallible and refuse any information that goes against that?
    You know, for all the crap some people gave Obama, I actually wonder if some of the people who voted for Trump honestly did think he could ramrod whatever he wanted through, if only because that's exactly what they assumed Obama had been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Small correction ... "They SHOULD BE beholden to certain rules and regulations".

Right now - there is only ONE group that determines Trump's godhood ... the republican controlled Congress.

Without their intervention - Trump can be god for the next 2/4/6/8 years.
    If you don't think they don't think about a Pence presidency then you would be a bit naive.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Things are happening faster than I predicted, because Trump apparently is, against all odds, less competent than I gave him credit for. He's not just blowing it... he's basically throwing it.

I'm not going to say this will be the one to do him in though. As I said originally, it's going to take a lot of things like this, like the Yates indimidation, like the Comey firing, like the Muslim ban, and so forth. Together it'll do him in.

The problem is , this isn't one of those rules. ( Atleast not directly)
    Let me introduce you to some nightmare fuel: Trump can legally issue an executive order to declassify all the classified information held by US government.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    You know, for all the crap some people gave Obama, I actually wonder if some of the people who voted for Trump honestly did think he could ramrod whatever he wanted through, if only because that's exactly what they assumed Obama had been doing.
    A non minor portion of Trump voters hated Obama and wanted Obamacare to burn for being "communism"......but loved the ACA and flipped shit over the repeal measures.

Don't think too much about them.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Because it's unlikely for the GOP to get on board with impeachment unless Trump continues these random unpredictable fuck ups or a blue wave threatens to crush them after mid terms. If the GOP take any losses in the mid terms, they're jumping off the train before they get assblasted in 2020 where they're defending a ton of seats.
    I understand that, but if you look at the post I quoted, @Skroe said "he needs to resign immediately or be removed from office." Immediately is over a year and a half sooner than two years. That's the part I was asking about.

I understand that, but if you look at the post I quoted, @Skroe said "he needs to resign immediately or be removed from office." Immediately is over a year and a half sooner than two years. That's the part I was asking about.
    Because people assumed he was a moron that would make small flubs on the way to his eventual impeachment but he's proving he's outright incompetent and a possible national security threat.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If you don't think they don't think about a Pence presidency then you would be a bit naive.
    Pence is the only realistic option at this point - I've been saying that since Day -30.

However - Trump has a huge advantage over Pence ... Trump can be manipulated like putty, so right now - ANYTHING some special interest group wants Trump to do, he will do. The huge downside is - can Trump keep his big orange orifice shut long enough to get it done.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Things are happening faster than I predicted, because Trump apparently is, against all odds, less competent than I gave him credit for. He's not just blowing it... he's basically throwing it.

I'm not going to say this will be the one to do him in though. As I said originally, it's going to take a lot of things like this, like the Yates indimidation, like the Comey firing, like the Muslim ban, and so forth. Together it'll do him in.
    i thought the great thing would be tomorrow, when the public hearings about comey commence... but the flaming train wont stop
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Can someone remind me again, on what the average person would be charged for, if they did that same trick?

Would it be treason? But that's all fine when it's Trump doing it?
    IDK the average person could just pretend to be trans and get pardoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    i thought the great thing would be tomorrow, when the public hearings about comey commence... but the flaming train wont stop
    Don't get too excited about Comey. He's just going to clear up the loyalty claim and maybe give some personal opinions on events/hypotheticals since he left office ala Clapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    I keep thinking what the right would do if Obama did this.
    Obama got grilled for saluting holding a coffee, the right would be having a giant boner and filling impeachment proceedings if he did even 1/100th of the things Trump has done.

Gotcha.

I almost said "I hope so," but it's just bizarre. I want Trump to fuck up spectacularly to continue giving his opposition ammunition, but I'm also scared of the implications of those fuck ups. Removing Trump is like taking off a band-aid that rips off your arm in the process... wait, except a band-aid was still useful at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Is he testifying publicly? I know he refused to do a closed doors session and said he wants to do a public hearing, but I didn't know he'd agreed to a day already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    IDK the average person could just pretend to be trans and get pardoned.
    Get this bullshit outta here.