For my boy Kellhound

So, before my olde buddy Endus decided to close my thread, I promised him a story from when I drove through Portland Oregon.

So here it is.

Back in 2006, I was PCSing from AK to KS. I decided to humor my ex-wife and visit some of her family in CA which required me to drive through WA and OR.

The trip by that point had taken me almost a full week and I was almost out of clean civi clothes. Since I brought a duffel full of uniforms , I figured I'd wear some of my BDU's and save the last pair of civis for when I got to LA and had access to a washing machine. So when driving through Portland, I was in uniform.

While driving along, I noticed the Geo Metro in front of me had a plethora of far left bumper stickers, including such gems as....

"No blood for Oil"
    "All troops out of the middle east"
    "U.S. Troops are murderers"

ETC...ETC...

So me, being the young hot head that I am, decided to pull up along side this rolling epitome of virtue and see how exactly I had the privilege of driving behind. To my surprise (not really) it was a lady who looked to be in her mid 50's with dreadlocks and obvious hippy clothes. I asked my ex-wife to sit back and honked my horn a couple of times to get this ladies attention. Eventually she looked over, where she saw a handsome young solider pointing to his American flag mouthing the words "fuck yeah" while blowing her a kiss.

She Exploded with anger.

It wasn't a minor event, no sir. This was a over the top full on meltdown, she SCREAMED at me through her closed window spittle sticking to the glass like a saliva filled rainstorm. After a few seconds she looked up at the road side, and did a double take. Evidently she missed her exit and was really mad. She began smacking her steering wheel with her hands with unfettered rage and switched lanes, all the while cursing me and my bloodline for all eternity.

Tis was a good day.

@Kellhound

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Cool, you saw a douchebag and acted like an even bigger douchebag. I bet you're really proud and I'm sure everyone around was proud to have people like you, who aren't petty in the slightest, serving them.

I've done real public service, wore a badge and put my life on the line in our own communities. Not once did I ever even think about starting a pissing contest with someone with anti-cop crap on their vehicle.
    Calm down, it was 11 years ago.

Didn't say I was right in doing so, I was also a kid.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool, you saw a douchebag and acted like an even bigger douchebag. I bet you're really proud and I'm sure everyone around was proud to have people like you, who aren't petty in the slightest, serving them.

I've done real public service, wore a badge and put my life on the line in our own communities. Not once did I ever even think about starting a pissing contest with someone with anti-cop crap on their vehicle.
    also...whats "real" public service.

Fair enough, we all do stupid things when we're young, as long as you admit it was stupid. You make it sound like you're proud of yourself when you say, "Tis was a good day" dumbo typo and all.
    I'll admit it was amusing, and still is. It was also immature. Like I said though....I was a kid.

man you sure pissed in her Wheaties lol
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    r/thathappened

Real public service is something that some of the military and most police do. You know, things that actually protect our own communities, not flying drones and dropping bombs on muslim kids on the other side of the world. I'll admit I'm just being a bit of a dick at this point. I have a lot of respect for soldiers until they do or say (or post) something that makes me lose respect for them.
    well, I'd suggest that you try not to get your jimmy's rustled so much for something someone did 11 years ago as a kid. I mean, just because a 21 year old is a soldier, doesn't mean that they are infallible or a pillar of the community.

Real public service is something that some of the military and most police do. You know, things that actually protect our own communities, not flying drones and dropping bombs on muslim kids on the other side of the world. I'll admit I'm just being a bit of a dick at this point. I have a lot of respect for soldiers until they do or say (or post) something that makes me lose respect for them.
    I don't see how you can criticize military service, when that member of the military has no say in where they go or what they do. At the end of the day they sign a contract and make an oath to protect the constitution, everything that comes after that is extreme self sacrifice unless they start playing the game for themselves.

There's a private message system you could have used instead of making an entire thread for one message.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    well, I'd suggest that you try not to get your jimmy's rustled so much for something someone did 11 years ago as a kid. I mean, just because a 21 year old is a soldier, doesn't mean that they are infallible or a pillar of the community.
    21 year old = kid? Noted

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    There's a private message system you could have used instead of making an entire thread for one message.
    Then id miss out on the fun commentary

You may find this interesting.

As pointed out, the Private Message system does exist for situations like this.

Closing this on that note.