Page 41 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I love how half of the white house staff are almost openly sabotaging his presidency.
    Probably nothing important was leaked and that shit has been happening with every president but they didnt have this amount of haters in and out of the WH.

I hope our president prevails

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    This isn't the first time a President or Vice President has shot off their mouth revealing classified information; And the fact is the President can declassify anything he wishes, anytime he wishes. We dont have to like that, but those are the rules.
    Name 2 other instances of a President or VP revealing code word classified information.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    How very foreboding. You should write a novel, the imagery would be quite lovely.
    son of a writer. I've had to shred more shit than a lot of people will ever read.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Deleted
    I'm sure this happens all the time, only with regular presidents you wouldn't hear so much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    The president has the authority to declassify information. Non-story
    And just telling a russian spy is how you properly declassify information? Are you freaking kidding me

Trump is the president and by the power of his office he is in some ways like a King (joffrey) so he can get away with shit like King (joffrey).`However at some point he will do stuff that goes to far like any King (joffrey) because it shows his lack of judgement.

Could they have arrested Nixon while in office? No but Nixon knew the shit what would have happend the moment he left office, he wouldn't get a pardon if his successor was a democrat so he had to step down.

Moral of the story, badge judgement will get you even i you're president.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So let me get this straight, the president has the authority to do what Trump did if he did, so it's all good.
    On the other hand the fact that the contents of that meeting have leaked to public - is a sever breach of security, which is not good.

And what people are worrying about? The former. Lol.

I think even if Trump shows his birth certificate that says "born in USA" the democrats won't stop whining.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I have a brief statement for the record. There is nothing that the president takes more seriously than the security of the American people. The story that came out tonight as reported is false. The president and the foreign minister reviewed a range of common threats to our two countries, including threats to civil aviation.

At no time, at no time, where intelligent sources or methods discussed. And the president did not disclose any military operations that were not already publicly known. Two other senior officials who were present, including the Secretary of the State, remember the meeting the same way and have said so. Their on the record accounts should outweigh anonymous sources. I was in the room. It didn't happen.

-- LT. GEN. H.R. McMASTER, NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER

Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster seems like a stand up guy.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The president has the authority to turn the world into a radioactive wasteland.

So?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lawfare opinion piece on all of this.
    Fifth, this may well be a violation of the President’s oath of office. Questions of criminality aside, we turn to the far more significant issues: If the President gave this information away through carelessness or neglect, he has arguably breached his oath of office.
    Contains a very interesting read written by people far better versed in law than I'd say anyone on this forum.
    Also takes note of just how specific McMaster is in his statements above. As the WaPo (and other) articles make not how information of sources and methods could be INFERED, not that it was discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I'm sure this happens all the time, only with regular presidents you wouldn't hear so much about it.
    Sure under the BUsh administration but don't think anybody, especially trump, gives 8 years of bush a passing grade and don't think anybody , again especially trump, uses the Bush administration as a guideline in how to run a government.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    And just telling a russian spy is how you properly declassify information? Are you freaking kidding me

Trump is the president and by the power of his office he is in some ways like a King (joffrey) so he can get away with shit like King (joffrey).`However at some point he will do stuff that goes to far like any King (joffrey) because it shows his lack of judgement.

Could they have arrested Nixon while in office? No but Nixon knew the shit what would have happend the moment he left office, he wouldn't get a pardon if his successor was a democrat so he had to step down.

Moral of the story, badge judgement will get you even i you're president.
    The Russian foreign minister is not a spy. Get a grip.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    WaPo follow up on how what McMaster say doesn't refute the article as the article wasn't about what he's saying wasn't said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I don't have effective enough image macro for the "For fuck's sake..." currently in my soul.
    A spy sneaks into a country and steals information, secretly sending it to their home nation.

Foreign ministers have legitimate meetings with other governments and sometimes they share information.

Look, I know you don't like Russia. You probably don't even like Russian people but to say this man is a spy is fundamentally untrue
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    No its not. The president, at any given time, can choose to share classified information and intel. You don't know your own laws.
    Wrong. It requires an executive order to declassify information. And even then there's plenty of things he can't declassify, most notably things dealing with nuclear weapons or revealing the identifies of foreign agents. He's also bound by Obama's most recent executive order on the subject since he, himself, has yet to modify it.

But, you know, whatever. It's all cool. It's not like he was sending mundane emails from a private server or anything. That is some serious shit!!!!!!! Lock her up! Lock her up! Lock her up!!!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    A spy sneaks into a country and steals information, secretly sending it to their home nation.

Foreign ministers have legitimate meetings with other governments and sometimes they share information.

Look, I know you don't like Russia. You probably don't even like Russian people but to say this man is a spy is fundamentally untrue
    You've got a very naive view on what a spy/intelligence officer is.
    Are there that type? Yes, but they are a minority. The plurality of intelligence officers active in foreign nations that are of the home nation work in embassies for cover more often than not. Due to the -access- that brings.
    And ambassador staff from enemy nations (Russia is an enemy to the US and the EU even if some americans might not think that) is absolutely a foreign intelligence officer who will report back what's heard.

Deleted
    And circlejerk continues. Nobody questions sources of article, everyone assumes it is true because its anti-Trump and Russia is mentioned.

If it is true, Trump is a moron that needs to be impeached.

However...
    1. Washington Post.
    2. "Anonymous sources"
    3. Meeting was behind closed doors, yet somehow anonymous sources know what was leaked? Yeah, right...
    4. Information could have been given to do some joint operation against ISIS. Nothing bad there if it leads to ISIS getting royally fucked.
    5:
    “The president and the foreign minister reviewed common threats from terrorist organizations to include threats to aviation,” said H.R. McMaster, the national security adviser, who participated in the meeting. “At no time were any intelligence sources or methods discussed and no military operations were disclosed that were not already known publicly.”
    I know its popular to jump on anti-Trump wagon, but please use your brains people.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2017-05-16 at 07:58 AM.

Deleted
    Trump has been a great president so far. Some little hiccups are fine for me. He is also new to politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    And circlejerk continues. Nobody questions sources of article, everyone assumes it is true because its anti-Trump and Russia is mentioned.

If it is true, Trump is a moron that needs to be impeached.

However...
    1. Washington Post.
    2. "Anonymous sources"
    3. Meeting was behind closed doors, yet somehow anonymous sources know what was leaked? Yeah, right...
    4. Information could have been given to do some joint operation against ISIS. Nothing bad there if it leads to ISIS getting royally fucked.
    It's been the same shite for the past 2 years. Politically motivated news companies stirring shit to make money.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

The Russian foreign minister is not a spy. Get a grip.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/02/po...laim-sessions/
    CNN reported Wednesday that Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak is considered by US intelligence to be one of Russia's top spies and spy-recruiters in Washington, citing current and former senior US government officials.

And his response is typical ''I'm not a crook'' line

Trump is such a literal child.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988