Mattis is the only relevant quote here. He sees them as a threat because they don't comply with NATO. He also respects Trump's ways of getting the best defense per dollar, apparently, which is news to me. Views on NATO are outdated, we should have threatened to drop it three decades ago. Even Mattis has been quoted:
    "February 15th America’s defence secretary, James Mattis, warned allies that they must adopt plans to raise their military spending or risk seeing its most powerful member “moderate its commitment to the alliance”."

NATO members that aren't the US absolutely do not pay their fair share, and we shouldn't cater to that.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    What are the Russians saying about this? Or are they staying quiet, waiting for the reaction of the American public?
    They are probably rolling on the floor laughing.

Deleted
    Damn, so Trump did sort of admit it.

I was wrong. Oh well. How could Trump be so stupid? Those tweets will be end of him.

Deleted
    Great that now even mods are jumping on the "lets make 20 topics a day about trump" train..
    Great...

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Especially since the country was revealed.
    I haven't seen this assertion proven. Actually WaPo article assumes that country could be inferred from what was revealed using some magical Russian methods, not that it was revealed directly.

Its a major compromise of some country's intelligence community. Trump has a short-notice call with the king of Jordan today, some people think it might be who provided the information to us.
    Do you think Russia has none of their own informants inside ISIS at all?

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Correction:

WashPo - Trump shared classified info with Russians
    Trumpsters - Fake News!
    White House - Trump didn't share anything
    Trump - Yes I did
    Trumpsters - Still Liberal Fake News!

Trump can admit to any crime he wants, but his zealots will defend him to the bitter end, even if it means directly contradicting what he said himself.
    Its starting to get old. These trump supporters have absolutely no qualms about lying through their teeth to support Trump. They have no moral fiber, and it's going to be a real problem for our country to have such a large population of moral degenerates out there.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Damn, so Trump did sort of admit it.

I was wrong. Oh well. How could Trump be so stupid? Those tweets will be end of him.
    Honestly at this point, I hope they put a computer in his jail cell that only has access to twitter, so we can still be entertained after he's been put away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Transporting classified information on an unclassified server isn't a misdemeanor. Contrary to what some outlets tell you, "not being marked classified at the time" is not only inaccurate, its moronic. Information is deemed classified the moment it originates from a classified system. But I'm not surprised people with no military or defense/state experience struggle to grasp this basic fact. Images taken from a classified system don't need to have "secret" pasted on the image to become classified.
    Let's put this under the same scrutiny that you put Trump under? Did she break any law? You can say she did, as long as you do it for every issue that comes up with Trump... she wasn't found guilty, was she? Under the same scrutiny of Trump you are doing, Hillary wasn't just a good candidate... if you remove all hearsay, speculation and things she wasn't found guilty of... she wasn't just a good candidate, she was one of the best US ever had. The shit Hillary was blamed for, to make her one of the two worst candidates, suffers from a lot more issues in the same rhetoric that you defend Trump with. But... without her going to twitter to confirm it...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    I haven't seen this assertion proven. Actually WaPo article assumes that country could be inferred from what was revealed using some magical Russian methods, not that it was revealed directly.

Do you think Russia has none of their own informants inside ISIS at all?
    The country was given. The news agencies are holding it back because that information is highly sensitive. Trump leaked it, they aren't. Your second paragraph is irrelevant.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyGuysHello View Post
    Mattis is the only relevant quote here. He sees them as a threat because they don't comply with NATO. He also respects Trump's ways of getting the best defense per dollar, apparently, which is news to me. Views on NATO are outdated, we should have threatened to drop it three decades ago. Even Mattis has been quoted:
    "February 15th America’s defence secretary, James Mattis, warned allies that they must adopt plans to raise their military spending or risk seeing its most powerful member “moderate its commitment to the alliance”."

NATO members that aren't the US absolutely do not pay their fair share, and we shouldn't cater to that.
    No all are relevant. You don't get to pick and choose. Dunford is the President's chief military adviser. Milley is the one in charge of rebooting the US Army from 15 years of counter-insurgency back to great-power style warfare. The US Military is far more concerned with Russia and China than it is with ISIS, and rightfully so.

You don't understand NATO spending and there are litterally 1000 pages in this forum about this. Threatened to drop it three decades ago? Crazy talk. Uttely crazy. Yes. Let's dissolve an alliance of the richest and most technologically advanced countries in the world, all of whom are Western Democracies. Because that would be smart.

Europe's military spending problem has to do with it's highly fractured defense industrial base and their individually small tax bases compared to us, which is monolithic. Of course you don't know any of this or particularly care.

NATO isn't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Let's put this under the same scrutiny that you put Trump under? Did she break any law? You can say she did, as long as you do it for every issue that comes up with Trump... she wasn't found guilty, was she? Under the same scrutiny of Trump you are doing, Hillary wasn't just a good candidate... if you remove all hearsay, speculation and things she wasn't found guilty of... she wasn't just a good candidate, she was one of the best US ever had. The shit Hillary was blamed for, to make her one of the two worst candidates, suffers from a lot more issues in the same rhetoric that you defend Trump with. But... without her going to twitter to confirm it...
    Nobody cares about your red herring.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    If the information is not classified then you should have no problem citing public releases of that information.
    I wouldn't if the information can be verified. But that was not the point the Washington Post was making. It was a claim classified info was shared with the Russians. But even if it is true, you guys will have to come up with different reasons to impeach Trump, one which is legit. Because he has the authority to share parts of classified info if he feels it is the right thing to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Can we get a apology from those that called this fake news etc?
    No thanks. I want the next President to go on an international apology tour where every head of state gets a bag of gummy bears and a "the evil is defeated, I have normal sized hands and don't tweet" hug.

Serious question. Why do people still bother to argue with people who support Trump? They're adamant to like him because of his white nationalist beliefs. Anyone telling you otherwise is just lying. You won't change their minds. Ever.

They're more zealous than Hezbollah followers. At least recently Shiites are starting to turn away from them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    You're directly contradicting the US military. It's funny because US Generals and Admirals define Russia as such, and then they explain why. This is Mattis (Secretary of Defense) and the current chairman of the joint chiefs and current Army Chief of Staff.
    Actually, the generals in question are contradicting the president of the United States. The latter has much more say in defining the US relationship with Russia. These generals just need some imaginary enemy to justify the huuuuge US military budget.

As a non american. i must applaud you for giving us greatest and funniest reality (shit) show possible! Every day ends on a cliffhanger, we all tune in with great interest what will happen the next day! But at the end of the day, you can only blame your self, you elected this reality show clown in to the office on big amusement to the rest of the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Honestly at this point, I hope they put a computer in his jail cell that only has access to twitter, so we can still be entertained after he's been put away.
    He should have the most successful troll 2016 award for winning election, so giving him computer with twitter access is a must for entertainment value.

However I doubt it would happen. While what he did is questionable, looks like he didn't break any laws. Furthermore, if it leads to some ISIS defeat or prevents terrorist action, its a good thing. Can't jail him for this one.

Or maybe he's just trolling everyone. He's good at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Think about this. The left is clsiming a crime was committed here. What crime? The left continually claims Trump colluded with Russia and intentionally misconstrue the FBI investigation on Russian interference with an investigation into Trump. No evidence to support any of this, but you'll howl at the wind it's true. You're no different than the crazy guy on the corner yelling about God's wrath.
    Not seen anyone "on the left" claiming a crime was committed. Only see people like yourself saying they are, and thus excusing everything.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    As a non american. i must applaud you for giving us greatest and funniest reality (shit) show possible! Every day ends on a cliffhanger, we all tune in with great interest what will happen the next day! But at the end of the day, you can only blame your self, you elected this reality show clown in to the office on big amusement to the rest of the world.
    So much this ^^^

To be fair to Americans, its not like they had a choice. It was a choice between diarrhea or migraine.

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    I'd say it's funny too, but this clown has the power to turn the Middle East into a crater.