Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Overwatch is not Titan. They might have used ideas and assets but they are not the same game and the years of dev time spent on Titan was more or less wasted.
    overwatch was made out of the pvp portions of titan and the classes from titan. titan was going to be a pvp focused mmo fps game.

overwatch is what titan turned into
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

World of candy crush VR

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    overwatch was made out of the pvp portions of titan and the classes from titan. titan was going to be a pvp focused mmo fps game.

Overwatch own lead dev has come out and said that that is simply not the case.
    They took a few ideas from the classes but the actual game is on no way the same.

It was a traditional MMO, not an FPS.

You're making stuff up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

I was convinced that Titan was Destiny

Dude I think they'll do like super easy games to attract people who aren't familiar to video games but still want to play, idk like a super colorful card game with lots of RNG and maybe idk some shooter that requires no skill but has lots of butts and boobs everywhere for people to buy... something like that, I may be just guessing!

I Hope it's another RPG game,i know WoW won't really end anytime soon but i if WoW actually ended and stopped for some reason where would those 100 Million players go? will blizzard just let them dissapear to other games? personally i don't think so i think they will do all they can to make a new game to keep those players there

I don't think they will ever stop WoW unless people actually quit it.

Imagine spending 20 years on a char, all that money and all and then they say, well this is the end, we're shutting down servers. The HQ would be bombed the next day.
    I think they will stop making expansions at some point and then just transfer all chars to a smaller number of realms to shut down some servers and however still wants to play will play that expansion. Maybee free(doubt it) or at a smaller price.
    Kinda like a private server.

I don't think Blizzard will make another MMO. It's a lot of money to put development and the payoff isn't as lucrative as other genres.

The closest we'll get is a Destiny style MMO where it's small parties and "classes".

Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    I don't think they will ever stop WoW unless people actually quit it.

Imagine spending 20 years on a char, all that money and all and then they say, well this is the end, we're shutting down servers. The HQ would be bombed the next day.
    I think they will stop making expansions at some point and then just transfer all chars to a smaller number of realms to shut down some servers and however still wants to play will play that expansion. Maybee free(doubt it) or at a smaller price.
    Kinda like a private server.
    Keeping WoW on life support (and what you described is certainly a possibility) would not, and should not prevent them from creating new games within the same franchise. See Guild Wars.

World of world of Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flevor View Post
    What do you guys think blizzard will do after World of warcraft?

A new RPG game? Virtual Reality?

What would be the most likely possibility!?

I honestly think they will work on a new RPG

(Also don't give me this "WoW will never end they have too much material) Just pretend WoW will End someday
    Most likely, a new MMORPG, but as it seems, going to be YEARS before that.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Hopefully a WC4 that will establish new lore for a possible WoW 2. The world fo Azeroth is getting dryed up though, they may get to be a lot more innovative.

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    and yet you don't say what it is? Sigh.. bravo... /facepalm x100
    I think they mean Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, etc... I too detect the hint of snark, but I see what they are saying. Overwatch is the new app so Blizzard has the hype train at full speed for it. Admittedly, I miss the dark, more adult games from Blizzards past such as Diablo I and II and the darker themes in Warcraft RTS and WoW. Legion is pretty good, but I don't really get the whole sense of dread like I did in Vanilla - WotLK. The game is still great, it just isn't what it really used to be atmosphere wise, but I know that much of the desolation and hopelessness felt in certain zones is a step backwards graphically and they were really wanting to put the power of modern graphics to the test. However, I know Blizzard was also aiming to make the game more kid/family friendly as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    Dude I think they'll do like super easy games to attract people who aren't familiar to video games but still want to play, idk like a super colorful card game with lots of RNG and maybe idk some shooter that requires no skill but has lots of butts and boobs everywhere for people to buy... something like that, I may be just guessing!
    That is crazy talk, that would be the dumbest thing Blizzard could possibly ev... Oh...

Whatever it is it will be directly aimed at current subscribers. If you enjoy WoW, you will enjoy and pay for that.

Deleted
    Blizzard will keep releasing Warcraft related content even if they stop making warcraft videogames, which i highly doubt taking in account a lot of people is still playing WoW or even W3. There are books, merchandising, movies... whatever they can sell to a large public will make Blizzard happy and likely they will invest on it. Right now the Lore of Warcraft can easily survive without videogames, and i think it could even be healthy for lore-lovers (the game actually kills some of the lore in favor of gameplay).
    Also, aside from Warcraft IP, they have a lot of other IPs to release content, they now have HS, HotS, Diablo, Starcraft... a lot of different kind of games and a lot of different ideas to begin a new game with or just to reinvent an older one.

If we are talking about what they will do with Warcraft IP i think they will put it to rest for a while and then comeback with an RTS to set the story for the new RPG. (But WoW has AT LEAST 4+ years (current expansion + next expansion) and a lot can happen in that time).

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Keeping WoW on life support (and what you described is certainly a possibility) would not, and should not prevent them from creating new games within the same franchise. See Guild Wars.
    Yeah I did not quite answer the topic question. Mine was more off topicish

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    As people said the three that is obvious. They did just send Chilton over to a new product/IP whatever it will be.
    Hopefully not as a lead designer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    Couse wow is dead right? right? right? like, what, more than my entire country's population are still active, but the game is dead. The most played MMO game of all time and the only one who can keep montly sub no matter what is ... dead.

Come on my server (silvermoon EU) And see what a dead realm is like, you cant get to a quest without people camping it, the groupfinder is full with 30-40 groups all the time.

You are having a dead brain, if anything.
    You are such a fan boy. It's cringe to even read it.

WoW is DYING. Not a little. It's dying fast. My realm EU Outland, used to be populated with people everywhere. Now it is a wastelands in a lot of areas.
    The queues take longer then they ever did. Even more and more realms go to population Low.

We are very happy that you still enjoy WoW. But WoW is not doing good, it's not dead. But it won't be much longer till it goes to auto pilot mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?