Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Heaven forbid the children not take a day off from education to celebrate someone managing to put their sexual organ into the correct orifice.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far the only people offended are who won't be receiving shitty crafts, and not some kid with two dads.

So yeah... who is more thin skinned?

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    All of which could have been addressed if the letter to parents wasn't blowing smoke to result in it going online in the first place. You can still communicate reasons for decisions to those affected without disregarding privacy of those involved.
    Without looking at the letter, I bet the same argument was in those letters and was simply ignored.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/school-...cial-1.3407118

WTH is going on with our hat?

Wouldn't it be easier to include more holidays instead of canceling traditional ones?
    I agree. We shouldn't be celebrating this nonsense. If people want to in their private lives then good for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    I tried.

No, you didn't try. In fact you didn't try nearly hard enough to just read the article and there was no joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

Keep tilting at windmills. At this point the "anti-SJW" movement is just a big a joke as SJWs themselves. Knee-jerk triggered at literally everything, even if it has nothing to do with social justice, pretending it does just to feign outrage.

Hmmm where have I seen that happen before?
    This is funny coming from someone defending every retarded sjw topic as if his life depends on it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Im sure there are a lot of kids that didnt had mother/father in their lives, because, as example, they died long time ago. So, does it means that classes with such kids should not be allowed to celebrate those father/mother days too? Or it works only when we talk about homosexuals? Looks discriminatory to normal people.

Pretty obvious they're doing this to further "alternative" lifestyles while using trauma as a cover.

OMG, This is great what other holidays can we get rid of?

National Holidays

George Washington Birthday (Presidents Day) - Owned slaves.
    Easter/Good Friday Christian Holiday
    Memorial Day - American Imperialism.
    Independence Day - T
    Labor Day - Not all people have jobs (hey, if we are really going to go all SJW then lets go all the way right?)
    Columbus Day - Committed atrocities against the indigenous people.
    Veterans Day - American Imperialism.
    Christmas - Christian Holiday

Other:
    Valentines Day - What about those who arent in relationships or had spouses who died. (Christian roots)
    Mothers/Fathers Day - Not every child has one or the other.

Holidays we should have:
    National Election Days (first Mon and Tues of November)
    Superbowl Monday

Deleted
    I did the gifts for my grandfather.
    Just that,simple as that. No more dramas no more "unsensitive" bullshit no more "the world turns around you".
    I just did the gifts for my grandfather.

I never knew my father. He died on a car accident when my mother was pregnant so I perfectly know this scenario and many other one's people probably never thought of.

You are a kid,you need to fill a form and one box says "Father occupation".You dont fill anything but ALWAYS, ALWAYS get asked why you didnt filled it.The moment you answer the teacher you can already notice a dense silence, people looking at you and you feel that akward itch that is pity.

You are a kid and your art teacher told you to make a drawing of your family.Sick of the same shit year after year you just give up and end drawing your father.

You are a kid, its the 80's and a REALLY different world from today's where some minds are unable to understand my mother is the one earning the € in my house and refuse to accept a travel pass signed by my mother: its imperative my father sign it.The principal hears the conversation,have a brief talk with the secretary. The problem is gone and the pity faces are back.

I never needed their pity. It didn't help me at all,but the opposite,so the very idea of cancelling one celebration so it does not offend me making me indirect responsible for the cancelation is one of the most stupid ideas homo sapiens have ever had in 200.000 years of existence.

Omg...we are totally losing it.For real.

Do you know who's your father? Your father is the one who rises you ( in this case my grandfather) so all this shit gets solved easily: make gifts for your grandfather on father's day.Let your grandfather goes to your football matchs.
    If you dont have any male role models make gifts for your mother on father's day.

S-i-m-p-l-e a-s t-h-a-t.

Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    I did the gifts for my grandfather.
    Just that,simple as that. No more dramas no more "unsensitive" bullshit no more "the world turns around you".
    I just did the gifts for my grandfather.

I never knew my father. He died on a car accident when my mother was pregnant so I perfectly know this scenario and many other one's people probably never thought of.

You are a kid,you need to fill a form and one box says "Father occupation".You dont fill anything but ALWAYS, ALWAYS get asked why you didnt filled it.The moment you answer the teacher you can already notice a dense silence, people looking at you and you feel that akward itch that is pity.

You are a kid and your art teacher told you to make a drawing of your family.Sick of the same shit year after year you just give up and end drawing your father.

You are a kid, its the 80's and a REALLY different world from today's where some minds are unable to understand my mother is the one earning the € in my house and refuse to accept a travel pass signed by my mother: its imperative my father sign it.The principal hears the conversation,have a brief talk with the secretary. The problem is gone and the pity faces are back.

I never needed their pity. It didn't help me at all,but the opposite,so the very idea of cancelling one celebration so it does not offend me making me indirect responsible for the cancelation is one of the most stupid ideas homo sapiens have ever had in 200.000 years of existence.

Omg...we are totally losing it.For real.

Do you know who's your father? Your father is the one who rises you ( in this case my grandfather) so all this shit gets solved easily: make gifts for your grandfather on father's day.Let your grandfather goes to your football matchs.
    If you dont have any male role models make gifts for your mother on father's day.

S-i-m-p-l-e a-s t-h-a-t.
    Today, those are all examples of micro aggressions, and you can ask for a safe space. hahaha in all seriousness, the shit these people think up is ridiculous.

We used to celebrate San Jancinto Day here in Texas. The day Texas won it's independence from Mexico.

Now we celebrate Cinco de Mayo instead. That is a celebration of a Mexican battle over the French.

It isn't PC to celebrate a Texas battle victory over Mexico with so many immigrants living in Texas so we had to change to suit their needs.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    This. The world will keep spinning regardless of whether or not a school celebrates their parents. Meanwhile the president who told him PC culture has gone too far is currently in the white house without any sort of clue on what he should be doing there.
    what exactly does this story have to do with trump?

I swear to god, it's like a sickness with you people.

I'm disheartened that the teachers chose to simply ignore the issue instead of helping the affected children learn how to cope, even at such a young age. The rest of the world is not going to make their problems disappear so easily.

As suggested, making a card for a dead parent seems like it could help, though I'd verify this with the school's psychologist

Who shot the easter bunny?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    I never met my dad. I just know that he is Samoan. So... The Rock is my dad. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    This is funny coming from someone defending every retarded sjw topic as if his life depends on it.
    You've not been paying attention if you actually think I've done this. Or you're such a far-gone insane ideologue that you're not even worth engaging further with.

Two classes. At one elementary school in one town.

Some student's mom obviously just died. How is it unreasonable for them to skip the gift-making this year? On what planet is that a big deal or some kind of evidence of a decaying society? Christ.
    Last edited by burzian; 2017-05-16 at 06:34 PM.

However, some have acknowledged that Mother's or Father's Day can be particularly painful for those who have recently suffered the loss of a parent.
    So can Christmas, New Years, Halloween, Easter, any other holiday, or any day for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    Two classes. At one elementary school in one town.

Some student's mom obviously just died. How is it unreasonable for them to skip the gift-making this year? On what planet is that a big deal or some kind of evidence of a decaying society? Christ.
    empathy is the bane of all internet edgelords.