Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Forcing doctors to see patients under universal health care greatly diminishes a doctors will to continue practicing. It also reduces the will of any people who would be willing to undergo 10+ years of education to become a doctor because the limited ability to make good money in the profession.
    What utter rubbish.

I realize that your greatest achievement and aspiration in life is baiting on gaming forums, but I personally didn't go into the medical field thinking of the money I would make and generally the same sentiment is shared among most of my colleagues.

Also this might come as a shock to you but a good number of pathologies are purely based on luck whether you will develop them no matter how healthy a life you live.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

I don't believe that most governments actually exist to promote the welfare of their average citizens, therefore I see government controlled healthcare as a disaster in most circumstances.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    I went on it just to look at the retardedness, looks like the cunts already been written.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...SERVE-NHS.html

Hahahahahaha
    So do they hate poor people?
    Yup, a tory paper.

Not a right but should be. Like the right to pay taxes that is forced upon all.

To me...a first world country is one who provides for its people. Healthcare is more important than building and stockpiling bombs.

I measure first world countries by their ability to take care of their people. This includes healthcare. The US is below Mexico in my experience for Healthcare and medicine. Sure, we have the technology but not the availability to medically care for our own. We're just a post industrialized state (now a service country) with iPhones and guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Whens your next article in the mail coming out?
    Do you want to respond to my comment or just want to flame?

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think Healthcare is a privilege and not a right.
    Same here. It's a product that you purchase, not a handout that's managed by central planning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    If you ignore people with pre existing conditions and the poor being unable to get healthcare, then yes, we have nothing.'

Damn, you got us.

7+ Year Old Account
    I will never understand americans aversion to healthcare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I will never understand americans aversion to healthcare.
    Its an evil commie plot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Same here. It's a product that you purchase, not a handout that's managed by central planning.
    And what if you didn't choose to purchase a product, the choice was forced upon you?

Furthermore, its not a handout if you pay taxes for it. In fact its almost like its insurance.

If you misuse your body you should have to deal with the consequences unless you have purchased protection in the form of insurance.
    If humans are only charged for misusing their bodies, then that's an argument you can make. In most cases, healthcare is needed as an insurance policy for shit that happens that is out of human control. Diseases, life threatening conditions, horrible accidents. The healthcare debate is not a simple moral issue of people abusing insurance policies and having 'privileges' taken away as a result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Deleted
    A nation should aspire to have a healthy population and everyone having access to healthcare without having to sell their kidney is a great way to fulfill that goal.

Deleted
    Because it simply is. There's no need to discus something that is logic.

If you don't provide healthcare to your citizens, then they will remain ill longer, will not be going to work for a long period of time, could potentially become chronically ill (nearly 90% of all illnesses can become chronic). Chronically ill people generally end up permanently on unemployment wages and additional benefits which is a lot more expensive than paying in advance for their medical care.

Europe figured that our nearly 5 decades ago that curing and aiding your citizens in healthcare and make them pay directly through taxes is the only way to prevent that problem, some still get chronically ill even with treatment but that percentage is extremely small.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2017-05-16 at 11:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    A nation should aspire to have a healthy population and everyone having access to healthcare without having to sell their kidney is a great way to fulfill that goal.
    Not only that but it will help that nation progress further yet some people seem hellbent on devolving.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Healthcare is a privilege, FACT!

10+ Year Old Account
    As an Australian who was admitted to ED twice for FREE before our hospital system worked out that I had Idiosyncratic Bilateral Pulmonary Emobli; and faced the very real possibility of fucking dying had it not been found and treated; The US's views of free universal healthcare truly astound me. The arguments people use for wanting to prevent free healthcare are nonsensical.

Healthcare is a privilege not a right. No where in any of the US founding documents is it stated that the state needs to take care of you. They specifically say that the state will do nothing to impact your well being.

At the end of the day, affordable healthcare should be a benefit enjoyed by citizens of a civilized country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    You call human beings parasites and share you views with great minds like Katie Hopkins. Your argument is short sighted and vicious for the sake of being vicious.

Universal healthcare benefits the common good. The idea that 'scroungers' cost alot or are rampant is dumb. You're manufactured prejudice and ignorance are an affront to truth and honesty. Most people on welfare are in work or elderly who have paid into the system thier whole lives, you have a skewed opinion on the reality of welfare. The NHS is run on social need not private profit. The idea that the service should be free at the point of use is a position that will never be surrendered.

Healthcare is a right in some countries, not a right in others.
    In the developed world in my opinion it should be.

Along with foodstamps, unemployment checks, disability checks and other "handouts" it is the way that the lucky ones keep the unlucky ones in check.
    We are seeing that the amount of unlucky ones is bound to be more and more as the automation kicks in.

People do stupid stuff when desperate.
    Not being able to get food tends to make people desperate.
    Not being able to get treatment or medicine needed to stay alive, or relieve pain tends to do the same.

Unless you want more desperate people out there on the streets - you need to provide them some basic food, some basic healthcare, and some basic entertainment.
    Otherwise you will be forced to have special zones for rich people, heavily guarded, with restricted access for the poor ones.

Especially in a place like US, where getting a gun is easy.

Well, aparently the talk is about the US, so here's my two cents:

You guys spend a lot on bombs, why not spend a little with healthcare for all of you?