Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

First Blood buffed to 35 Fury cost reduction

While I'm happy to see what is technically a buff, it seems like it's another change geared to push us towards Blade Dance and a First Blood build. Is there any way the other talents will be able to compete at this point?

I was hoping for some further changes, the promised "major changes", but we're so close that I don't really see it happening. Are we thinking there will be a change to Bloodlet to compensate for this plus the nerf to the legendary, or no?

Just get the new legendary ring than you have First Blood either way.
    Everybody should be at 10/10 Legs atm either way (or at least very close to it) so ~3-4 Weeks after Release of the 7.2.5 you will always have FB and can take whatever other talent you want.

... Not saying this is good design tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Everybody should be at 10/10 Legs atm either way (or at least very close to it) so ~3-4 Weeks after Release of the 7.2.5 you will always have FB and can take whatever other talent you want.

So we're either pushing a talent or pushing one of the two legendaries we can equip? Doesn't seem like a huge difference in the end, knowing that I'll always *have* to wear a specific legendary never feels good. The ring was mandatory enough, this would be even worse than that.

I don't know, it just seems weird and every DH change seems to go DIRECTLY against everything they've said in the past - buffing the bad rather than nerfing the good, balancing things well enough so that players can choose how to play, etc etc etc. It's like we're the exception to the rule as a class.

when is 7.2.5 coming out???

I wonder, since the ring is mandatory, what leg will be BiS then? Bracers + Bloodlet or Sephuz + CC? Can it be - the first option for cleave and the second for ST?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    So we're either pushing a talent or pushing one of the two legendaries we can equip? Doesn't seem like a huge difference in the end, knowing that I'll always *have* to wear a specific legendary never feels good. The ring was mandatory enough, this would be even worse than that.

I don't know, it just seems weird and every DH change seems to go DIRECTLY against everything they've said in the past - buffing the bad rather than nerfing the good, balancing things well enough so that players can choose how to play, etc etc etc. It's like we're the exception to the rule as a class.
    that's blizzard design philosophy for ya. can't balance anything properly to give us options, so just rotate which talent/spec/class is on top every patch.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    when is 7.2.5 coming out???
    At the end of June it seems - in about 6 weeks, along with Tomb

JEverybody should be at 10/10 Legs atm either way (or at least very close to it) so ~3-4 Weeks after Release of the 7.2.5
    Do what? I play my main everyday with tons of chances at legendaries and most it has is 5, with my other 7 alts at 0-2 (and do a moderate amount; nothing excessive). So either I have extremely bad luck or you are just exaggerating on how high people should be at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Do what? I play my main everyday with tons of chances at legendaries and most it has is 5, with my other 7 alts at 0-2 (and do a moderate amount; nothing excessive). So either I have extremely bad luck or you are just exaggerating on how high people should be at this point.
    This is about time you devote to your character. Here is my post in the next thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post45772018

But if you play your char since release you should be close to that point, I think, even if yoh dont play a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everybody should be at 10/10 Legs atm either way (or at least very close to it)
    Why?

The only people in my guild with 10/10 are the ones who play too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    This is about time you devote to your character. Here is my post in the next thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post45772018

But if you play your char since release you should be close to that point, I think, even if yoh dont play a lot.
    That was my point. I've played my main since Day 1 of Legion and had it at 110 within 2 weeks I think and had many many chances a day to loot a legendary and still only at 5.

It honestly depends on how much mythic+ and the like you've done, not just time devoted. To bring my own characters in, one of my two main alts exclusively do just emissary, the rare dungeon, WQs but play very regularly (so the playtime is not bad) since launch and she has 4 legendaries. My main who did a lot more dungeons early on but not as much of late, sits at 6 legendaries. I think having 10 leges overestimates the average by a lot.

Anyway, it's an interesting idea to bring no-brainer talents in as a hellfire amulet-esque talent lege. That's clearly the seletion process for them and maybe it's the only way to open up picks on problematic tiers without redesigning it, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I'm on 8 on my main, 4 on my main alt , and the rest of alts have 0-2 much like yours.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post

Well, obviously "buffing the bad" and leaving the good ones as they are, is never gonna be an option, which should make perfect sense.
    If, hypothetically, one legendary gives you a 30% dps increase, you cant just flat out do the same with all the others, as having two legendaries would mean you had a 60% dps increase, which would by definition require a complete nerf the the class overall.

What they did with the ring was balance it compared to the others and in my opinion they have done a pretty damn good job at this.

Its like saying "dont nerf my class, buff the others", which is just going to inflate everything and require mobs, bosses and mechanics to be retuned, which makes no sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    I wonder, since the ring is mandatory, what leg will be BiS then? Bracers + Bloodlet or Sephuz + CC? Can it be - the first option for cleave and the second for ST?
    I dont play my DH much, but since when is sephuz good for havoc? I must have missed smth so i would be grateful if u could inform me.

On topic , I like the change. But that's because I like the build. Was never a fan of Bloodlet, and found it absolutely retarded that Bloodlet was almost identical to FB on single target, and with a bit of RNG overtook it , whilst also having a butt load of cleave. Hence it's good in my book that they nerfing the bracers. Though I suspect that, soul of the slayers + bracers + bloodlet might be a solid combo.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

10+ Year Old Account
    News to some 10/10 people that play too much, but to do every single raid in expansion through LFR/normal/heroic and mythic takes too much time for the normal person. It's also boring as fuck and would make me want to kill myself to do that every week.

I only do a couple mythic+ a week, to make sure I get the weekly chest.

I even find it a chore to do every daily WQ cache, but most of the time I can force myself to do it.

I raid NH each week, normal and heroic, which I find a pain and is dull, the only fun I have is when we do mythic NH if we have enough numbers for that.

Not all of us half that much free time to play WoW everyday and to say we should be 10/10 by now is simply wrong.

At the beginning of the expansion, sure I spammed Mythic+ like no tomorrow, but now they are boring, and it is even tedious to do them once a week to get your cache. As we get further into the expansion, the content gets stale, repetitive and boring, we don't prioritise the game over other life choices.

Add in broken shore, which is probably up there for the most boring content patch.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2017-05-17 at 10:48 AM.

I wonder: for pple at 10/10 in one spec, if we stay in that spec loot until 7.2.5 hits, does our BLP still increase?

Also, for all, start stacking nethershards by now. By doing so, we should be able to target that ring with relinquished tokens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enentari View Post
    I wonder: for pple at 10/10 in one spec, if we stay in that spec loot until 7.2.5 hits, does our BLP still increase?

Also, for all, start stacking nethershards by now. By doing so, we should be able to target that ring with relinquished tokens.
    We have to wait... The name of the rings sounds like they´re a class hall reward. It would be better if it would be like this. RNG will fuck up a lot of people.

Deleted

Honestly I don't think anyone will use the new ring if it hits live in its current version.
    Chaos Cleave can't compensate the damage loss from missing secondary stats.