Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Given her past record i expect her writing to focus on jaina and anduin.

And should she bring back jaina/kalec relationship, i fully expect us to witness jaina egg laying scene sooner or later.
    I refuse to believe even you didn't see some merit to that cute scene where Kalecgos makes arcane/math sexy and Jaina crushes on him just because she's a nerd and he's a super nerd. That was such a great character setup. It dug into two characters that had no right to connect and found common ground. Even if you hate the pairing, the writing and use of the characters was on point xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    But that's my point: Just because he escaped doesn't negate the decision they came to or the serious soul-scouring they did (inwardly and outwardly) to get to that decision. Tyrande almost tears the Alliance in half and throws Jaina completely under the bus for TREASON in her zeal to just win an argument -not even to affect Garrosh- she just flat out does it to win. That was a real development for Jaina, Baine and Tyrande that had nothing to do with Garrosh beyond him being the spark for the fire.
    Sure, but the problem is that if they do nothing to develop any of this further in-game or future novels, it just doesn't matter and all it will be remembered for is a cheap excuse to justify a deus ex machina that wasn't even put in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    She was one of Blizzard's more-commonly hired freelance writers for the Warcraft and Starcraft novels. Some of her works pertaining to Warcraft are Lord of the Clans, Rise of the Horde, The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm, Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects, Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War, Arthas: Rise of the Lich King, and collaborating with Aaron Rosenberg on Beyond the Dark Portal. There are a few others but I can't remember them offhand at the moment--point being, she's perhaps the most prolific Expanded Universe writer, close to or tied with Richard A. Knaak.

She's also a known and avid WoW player, who (by her own admission) plays on the Horde on Wyrmrest Accord and is apparently a prolific roleplayer there, but due to the obvious reasons (for example, getting flooded by fans and haters on login) she plays incognito, and enjoys referencing ingame items and locations to make her books feel more tied into the game (whereas, say, Knaak typically just used the setting as a backdrop for his OCs in their latest vehicle). Fan opinion of her is generally split, whether it leans positive or negative seems to depend on who you ask.

Personally, I'm down for this. I like her books--they're no The Last Guardian but I still find them enjoyable--so I'm interested in seeing where she slots into the lore team. They might be looking at grooming her to take Kosak's place so Kosak can fill Metzen's role (considering Metzen was obviously grooming Kosak to be his replacement prior to his leaving).
    I don't even think Kosak does Warcraft lore. He focuses on Hearthstone now.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I expect her to reduce the amount of sucking that's plaguing WoW's lore. Sure, she did write War Crimes and Green Moses: Butchering of the Aspects, but it was an assigned by Blizzard and she had to work with the shitpile of a premise she was given. Same with Lich King inconsistencies. It was a fuckup in communication between Blizzard and her, between various Blizzard departments (and between the synapses of Blizzard employees responsible for the lore). Not really her fault Blizzard can't comprehend the idea of consistency and couldn't stick to one version of Arthas' and Ner'zhul's story before they made WotLK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Wrathduin shippers hould be happy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't even think Kosak does Warcraft lore. He focuses on Hearthstone now.
    Kosak left the team around Legion's launch, replaced by Afrasiabi (you can thank him for Illidan being the Chosen One)

An improvement, sadly. I'm glad he moved on to a non-story dependant game, where he can do no harm to the lore by introducing time-travelling orcish rockbands.

10+ Year Old Account
    My interpretation was:

Tides of War - Jaina did nothing wrong despite being justified.
    MoP - Jaina did something very wrong but was justified.
    War Crimes - Jaina was confronted with the belief that justification isn't a free pass and she had to own up to that and accept her flaws, which she did.
    Legion - We didn't read War Crimes, Jaina's still a bitch, right?
    That's... a depressingly-accurate summary. Though Legion is more, "We didn't read War Crimes. Let's make Jaina the crazy preacher on the streets, complete with 'You'll see! YOU'LL ALL SEE!'"

So, eugh, hopefully she can straighten out the mess the game writers are making of characterization and motive.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Personally, I'm down for this. I like her books--they're no The Last Guardian but I still find them enjoyable--so I'm interested in seeing where she slots into the lore team. They might be looking at grooming her to take Kosak's place so Kosak can fill Metzen's role (considering Metzen was obviously grooming Kosak to be his replacement prior to his leaving).
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Lydia_Bottegoni

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Kosak left the team around Legion's launch, replaced by Afrasiabi (you can thank him for Illidan being the Chosen One)
    As down as I am for Well-Intentioned Illidan making a comeback (and my headcanon that X'era is a Kil'jaeden work meant to demoralize and confuse us aside, Savior Illidan is way over-the-top even for Warcraft's over-the-top status quo), Afrasiabi really is poison to this game. He was poison back when he was throwing temper tantrums on the EverQuest forums and he hasn't advanced beyond that stage since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I refuse to believe even you didn't see some merit to that cute scene where Kalecgos makes arcane/math sexy and Jaina crushes on him just because she's a nerd and he's a super nerd. That was such a great character setup. It dug into two characters that had no right to connect and found common ground. Even if you hate the pairing, the writing and use of the characters was on point xD
    I may be conservative, but everytime i see even a hint of interacial romance i just pick up a phone and call local branch of inquisition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Ah, missed her intro.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's... a depressingly-accurate summary. Though Legion is more, "We didn't read War Crimes. Let's make Jaina the crazy preacher on the streets, complete with 'You'll see! YOU'LL ALL SEE!'"

So, eugh, hopefully she can straighten out the mess the game writers are making of characterization and motive.
    That's more or less my complaint with Jaina. It would of been fine if Jaina was more *centered* in her demeanor towards the Horde. Since it's still "DISTRUST DESPITE THE FACT I LET GO IN A PREVIOUS NOVEL1"

>.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I may be conservative, but everytime i see even a hint of interacial romance i just pick up a phone and call local branch of inquisition.
    If the two races shared the same biology (mammals), sure.

As far as I know, streamline media depict dragons as reptiles.

Deleted
    She's decent enough, looking forward to whatever she contributes to.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Could've been Knaak.
    Oh god no, that name should not be mentioned aloud. >.<

I couldn't even finish the War of the Ancients trilogy because of his writing, changes and additions... Wish they would just rewrite those books as it happened, without Broxigar and all that nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That's more or less my complaint with Jaina. It would of been fine if Jaina was more *centered* in her demeanor towards the Horde. Since it's still "DISTRUST DESPITE THE FACT I LET GO IN A PREVIOUS NOVEL1"

>.>
    My main issue is that we've already got Rogers and Genn who are vocal hardliners. Jaina could have been written out of the plot easily enough by having her cede leadership in Dalaran to Khadgar in favor of locating Kul'Tiras and trying to convince her former home nation to lend support to the Alliance's war effort. That would open Kul'Tiras up as the obvious Alliance hub it's going to be in the obvious Naga Expansion that's being alluded to/hinted at with the sudden explosion of naga activity.

Instead... they just gave up on giving her a complex personality where she understands that Garrosh wasn't representative of the entire Horde, but still having trouble trusting the Horde didn't just screw the Alliance over for a giggle, and solving her dilemma by leaving Dalaran in wiser hands and making her long-delayed return to Kul'Tiras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    If the two races shared the same biology (mammals), sure.

As far as I know, streamline media depict dragons as reptiles.
    And that makes that ship so much worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    I couldn't even finish the War of the Ancients trilogy because of his writing, changes and additions... Wish they would just rewrite those books as it happened, without Broxigar and all that nonsense.
    Luckily, it seems like the Knaak version of it isn't considered canon anymore. More than once we've gone back to the War of the Ancients ingame (the Well of Eternity dungeon, Huul Highmountain quests in Highmountain, and several flashback quests involving the Illidan questline) and we haven't seen hair or hide of Knaak's merry band of OCs, even in events they should have been present for according to that <gag> trilogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    she wrote a few TSR books. loved em

10+ Year Old Account
    Luckily, it seems like the Knaak version of it isn't considered canon anymore. More than once we've gone back to the War of the Ancients ingame (the Well of Eternity dungeon, Huul Highmountain quests in Highmountain, and several flashback quests involving the Illidan questline) and we haven't seen hair or hide of Knaak's merry band of OCs, even in events they should have been present for according to that <gag> trilogy.
    Rhonin is there along with Broxigar. You can see them.

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    As down as I am for Well-Intentioned Illidan making a comeback (and my headcanon that X'era is a Kil'jaeden work meant to demoralize and confuse us aside, Savior Illidan is way over-the-top even for Warcraft's over-the-top status quo)
    There's a difference between being an relatable human (or elf) being that wants to do good in his/her own flawed ways and being the posterchild of balance for the universe.

Sadly, this is what you get when RTS characters are implemented in gameplay>>>lore surroundings, where everything has to be glorified/simplified to serve convenient gamplay.

It's not 'Typical Blizzard' anymore, it's 'An uninspired, uncaring and unmotivated team of devs'

I was already wondering why they even bothered with Illidan. He was dead and they didn't have to pay attention to him anymore.

'Alex Afrasiabi returns to the dev team as lead story writer'

Aah...