Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I would not say at all he has Autism. His Narrcissm probably blocks a lot of his.......whatever intelligence that may lie within him.

~High Functioning Autistic person speaking
    Here' another person with HFA (or asperger). flying the possibility of trump aving autism is insulting
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I always thought this:

1.) Trump is a smart manipulator, who abused and amplified the bad feelings of the masses to come to power.
    2.) Trump is a nationalist who wants to implement Bannons ideas about an autocratic state
    3.) Trimp abuses false informations as "alternative truths" to create cognitive dissonance, to hide the lies that matter behind obvious lies

But the current incidents seem to show another image of him:

1.) Trump just is a narcisst who knows only himself, without real political goals, who even becomes a traitor just to boast about his knowledge to russian politicians (and others)
    2.) Trump is just caring for the money he is getting from using his properties for his job
    3.) Trump cares more about his family than about what is his political agenda (as like making a deal with china to allow his daughter to sell shinies).

So where am i wrong? Is Trump really just a narcistic idiot at the end, or is he planning a political desaster as in the first 3 points?
    Your assumptions are all pretty much correct, EXCEPT that he's not smart. He's never been smart. He thinks he's smart, but he's actually an idiot. He is an extreme narcissist though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Yup, that's the outcome that turned out, yes. Politician 101.
    Yup! It IS! Have you not read his tax plan?

Boy... what will it take for people like you to snap out of denial? Man... it's absolutely amazing. Do you like beeing conned that much?!

trump is the homer simpson of politics, blundering his way into success because hes so dumb that people think hes smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Yup! It IS! Have you not read his tax plan?

Boy... what will it take for people like you to snap out of denial? Man... it's absolutely amazing. Do you like beeing conned that much?!
    I would go back, read it all very carefully. People like you are the problem~

The only thing that I hate, aside from the fuckery that has been Trump, is the fact that the far left has been reinvigorated by this election. IMO it's harder to challenge a narrative like "Helping the poor and minorities" than it is to challenge right wing populism.

I always thought this:

1.) Trump is a smart manipulator, who abused and amplified the bad feelings of the masses to come to power.
    2.) Trump is a nationalist who wants to implement Bannons ideas about an autocratic state
    3.) Trimp abuses false informations as "alternative truths" to create cognitive dissonance, to hide the lies that matter behind obvious lies

1.) Trump just is a narcisst who knows only himself, without real political goals, who even becomes a traitor just to boast about his knowledge to russian politicians (and others)
    2.) Trump is just caring for the money he is getting from using his properties for his job
    3.) Trump cares more about his family than about what is his political agenda (as like making a deal with china to allow his daughter to sell shinies).

So where am i wrong? Is Trump really just a narcistic idiot at the end, or is he planning a political desaster as in the first 3 points?
    You think he did ALL of this just to occupy 1 of his hotels for some weekends?? The cash from that is so miniscule to him. You are kidding me. You do realize that the hotels likely would have been occupied by someone else if he wasn't there right? You honestly think he took on all this work and became the US president for THAT?

The idea he can change tax codes/w.e. to benefit himself is a better theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    You think he did ALL of this just to occupy 1 of his hotels for some weekends?? The cash from that is so miniscule to him. You are kidding me. You do realize that the hotels likely would have been occupied by someone else if he wasn't there right? You honestly think he took on all this work and became the US president for THAT?

The idea he can change tax codes/w.e. to benefit himself is a better theory.
    There are likely quite a number of paths he saw to making a buck off the white house. Let's not forget as well stuff like Ivanka and the Chinese patents and all that. This is enriching the whole family.

Deleted
    I always thought this:

My guess is that he's not as smart as people give him credit for. It is just in the human nature to follow someone that speaks with confidence and that can give you a common enemy to focus on. It is deeply grained into our biology. Unfortunately, that does not make you a good leader in practice.

When capitalist ideology socializes you to believe that the wealthy are brilliant (and moral exemplars), its not surprising that many come to think that some jumped-up huckster from Queens who has a history of cheating people out of money and declaring bankruptcy is some master strategist who has their best interests at heart.

Personally, and this is 95% speculation, I think he's suffering from the long-term effects of untreated syphilis.

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    When capitalist ideology socializes you to believe that the wealthy are brilliant (and moral exemplars), its not surprising that many come to think that some jumped-up huckster from Queens who has a history of cheating people out of money and declaring bankruptcy is some master strategist who has their best interests at heart.

Personally, and this is 95% speculation, I think he's suffering from the long-term effects of untreated syphilis.
    Capitalist ideology doesn't condition anyone to believe the wealthy are brilliant, just that they have good business related skills. It just so happens that a lot of these skills can translate pretty well to other positions of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Your assumptions are all pretty much correct, EXCEPT that he's not smart. He's never been smart. He thinks he's smart, but he's actually an idiot. He is an extreme narcissist though.
    Trump's stupidity is actually a strength because it makes him unpredictable. His opponents are so used to carefully analyzing and planning every move that they don't know how to deal with someone who just shits out everything on his mind via Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombregato View Post
    The only thing that I hate, aside from the fuckery that has been Trump, is the fact that the far left has been reinvigorated by this election. IMO it's harder to challenge a narrative like "Helping the poor and minorities" than it is to challenge right wing populism.
    You ever think that the liberal narrative is harder to challenge because it actually makes more sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Trump's stupidity is actually a strength because it makes him unpredictable. His opponents are so used to carefully analyzing and planning every move that they don't know how to deal with someone who just shits out everything on his mind via Twitter.

You ever think that the liberal narrative is harder to challenge because it actually makes more sense?
    Not really, a lot of the liberal narrative is similar to the right wing one, in which that at first glance it makes sense but doesn't hold in a deeper analysis or empirically. An example that comes to my mind is rent controls.

Capitalist ideology doesn't condition anyone to believe the wealthy are brilliant, just that they have good business related skills. It just so happens that a lot of these skills can translate pretty well to other positions of power.
    "Capitalism doesn't lead people to believe the wealthy are brilliant... it's just that being wealthy means that they really are brilliant."

Thanks.

Not really, a lot of the liberal narrative is similar to the right wing one, in which that at first glance it makes sense but doesn't hold in a deeper analysis or empirically. An example that comes to my mind is rent controls.
    Well the conclusion you reach from analyzing rent controls is that a better alternative is just to give rent subsidies to the poor so they can afford to pay market rates, not that they should just be left to die out in the cold.

"Capitalism doesn't lead people to believe the wealthy are brilliant... it's just that being wealthy means that they really are brilliant."

Thanks.
    The sad thing is that I don't think anyone REALLY believes that the wealthy are inherently better than anyone else, but it's just what you sort of have to repeat over and over again if you want to get in with the right crowd and become successful yourself.
    Last edited by Macaquerie; 2017-05-18 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is just simple. Any complexity people see in him is just wishful thinking. There are no grand scheme's or Machiavellian plots, just whatever pops into his head at the current moment. It's really that simple...much like him. He just know's how to convince people there is more to him. If people just assume you're awesome at everything because you're very good at explaining why that is, it's easier to convince them to do something for you. His entire career has largely been a series of failures followed by increasingly desperate attempts to get more funding.

Thanks.
    Shoo away with your bad faith discussion.

Having good business skills doesn't necessarily mean one is knowledgeable on everything. There are differences on how to approach policy in public office than it is in a firm or even in normative beliefs, one can be out of touch with what's necesary to tackle the country's problem (I.E If one doesn't believe in climate change or is an antivaxxer). Some nuance is required I think. Also, I don't really think one can argue that a lot of the skills like quick thinking, creative decision making,management,etc don't translate well to other positions of leadership where a lot of the same skills are required.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2017-05-18 at 01:33 AM.

The sad thing is that I don't think anyone REALLY believes that the wealthy are inherently better than anyone else, but it's just what you sort of have to repeat over and over again if you want to get in with the right crowd and become successful yourself.
    Yes, a lot of people really believe this. Hence all the "the government should be run by businessmen they know what they're doing" BS that the U.S. political discourse has been subjected to for decades.

Witness the results. Ideology is a helluva drug.

Trump is clearly unaware of any form of reality - aka he is a Narcissist. He is the opposite of an idealogue, he is fact a dry sponge willing to soak of what ever idea the last person in the room to praise him left with.

Nothing has changed since he started running for president, except that now he may also be suffering overload, or even physical dementia.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Well the conclusion you reach from analyzing rent controls is that a better alternative is just to give rent subsidies to the poor so they can afford to pay market rates, not that they should just be left to die out in the cold.

They aren't left in the cold to die, the government provides them with shelters. Either way, that's not the solution either. The solution is high-density zoning so that more people can actually afford to buy a residence.