Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    It also requires the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act or confession in open court. If you going to use the vague language to support the potential charge of treason, you should should also state the quite strict requirements for such a charge to come to fruition.
    That is irrelevant to the point of my post. But thank you for not bothering to read the thread or the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Just curious, do you also consider the Watergate incident to be laughably small?
    The actual act? Yes. It was a remarkably stupid stunt that had basically zero chance of recovering any actionable data. The scandal was Nixon's actions after the fact. I find this to be strikingly similar - the actual theft is pretty much a joke. The coverup or collusion may turn out to be a serious ethical breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    I'm looking forward to this collusion nonsense finally ending. Donald Trump would have had more to gain from sending an unofficial member of his campaign inside Crooked Hillary campaign spying on her than colluding with Russia.
    Do they do infractions for going off topic? Because the constant "but Hillary" is annoying.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Seriously...what specifically have you Trumpers seen that makes you 100% sure there's nothing to these allegations? All you guys do is confidentaly call all this BS....but why?
    Seriously...what specifically have you Shillarys seen that makes you 100% sure there's something to these allegations? All you guys do is confidentaly call all this True....but why?

See, kind of works both ways. nearly EVERYTHING that I have read that the Left claims is "evidence" comes from "anonymous" sources.

Whilst I care little either way since If Trump gets Impeached, Hillary still won't be President which will still be a Net win.

Really the only good thing about President Donald Trump is that the World never had to deal with President Hillary Clinton.

With watergate it wasn't the actual break in that was the big deal. It was the coverup and subsequent house of cards that fell after it.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Do they do infractions for going off topic? Because the constant "but Hillary" is annoying.
    Considering the entire investigation is "BUT HILLARY WOULD'VE WON WITHOUT RUSSIA!!" Mentioning Hillary in a Topic about said investigation seems pretty on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    That is irrelevant to the point of my post. But thank you for not bothering to read the thread or the discussion.

You quoted the law to try to paint Trump as guilty of Treason. My post was just pointing to the uselessness of doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    So on the likely event this investigation proves nothing actually happened. What exactly are the people that have been on a rabid frothing rampage for 6 months going to do?

Accept the result or start screaming more about how Russia must have hacked the investigation?
    In the event that Trump and his campaign are cleared, probably shift focus to the writhing mass of stupidity and destruction that is the G.O.trumP agenda?

Continue to call out Trump for his lack of knowledge, competence, and adherence to democratic norms?

OT: Nice to see the news. It'll be nice to get to the bottom of this, and at a minimum, we can be more prepared to stop these interferences in the future.

it's literally the only thing that guy ever posts about. "topic about the Don? better bring up crooked Hillary!"

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Considering the entire investigation is "BUT HILLARY WOULD'VE WON WITHOUT RUSSIA!!" Mentioning Hillary in a Topic about said investigation seems pretty on topic.
    I don't think that's the point of the investigation at all...? I don't think any of us have any idea whether any sort of influence would have significantly impacted outcomes. I doubt we will ever have a concrete answer to that question, even if we are able to prove some sort of influence.

- - - Updated - - -

You quoted the law to try to paint Trump as guilty of Treason. My post was just pointing to the uselessness of doing so.
    No. You did not read my post. The point of my post was to state that actual influence of outcomes is irrelevant as to whether treason actually occurred. Actions that are considered "aiding" is sufficient.

"You quoted the law to try to paint Trump as guilty of treason" is your clear bias showing, maybe not jump the gun next time bucko.

If it cannot be proven then yes it would be essentially useless. I don't expect anything to be provable either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    Stupid Watergate
    Starring Jennifer Lawrence as Sally Yates
    And Daniel Day Lewis as Everyone Else
    Wow, I would watch that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    What do you think it's about? Specifically. What exactly do you think was done?
    This isn't about what I think specifically he has done. This is about finding out what he has actually done. You're whining that it's too expensive when it could very well be a matter of national security and international security as well. We don't know what he has done. We do know that it appears he has done something he is trying to hide. That should be concerning for anyone with a brain.

Supposedly:

Spamming and Trolling
    Neither spamming or trolling is acceptable on the forums. This includes, but is not limited to, the following examples:

Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
    Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
    Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
    Making non-constructive posts
    Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
    Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements
    Thread-necro: Reviving an old thread for no reason other than bumping it to the first page
    Posting meme or troll images, text, or videos; "cool story bro", "u mad", "10/10", captioned images, etc...
    Replying to a thread simply to call the author a troll (regardless of whether the post is actually trolling -- if you feel it is, please use the report button)
    But they don't. Which is 1/2 the reason this forum is becoming more and more of a shit show.

I don't think that's the point of the investigation at all...? I don't think any of us have any idea whether any sort of influence would have significantly impacted outcomes. I doubt we will ever have a concrete answer to that question, even if we are able to prove some sort of influence.

- - - Updated - - -

No. You did not read my post. The point of my post was to state that actual influence of outcomes is irrelevant as to whether treason actually occurred. Actions that are considered "aiding" is sufficient.

"You quoted the law to try to paint Trump as guilty of treason" is your clear bias showing, maybe not jump the gun next time bucko.

If it cannot be proven then yes it would be essentially useless. I don't expect anything to be provable either way.
    And I'm saying that you could never find two witnesses to any overt act of his to testify against him nor ever imagine he would confess in open court. If not found guilty using this specific mechanism required by the Constitution then treason did not occur.

There was no reason to bring this up other than to infer that he was guilty of treason.

And I'm saying that you could never find two witnesses to any overt act of his to testify against him nor ever imagine he would confess in open court. If not found guilty using this specific mechanism required by the Constitution then treason did not occur.

There was no reason to bring this up other than to infer that he was guilty of treason.
    I think my point was clearly made so I'm not sure about this back and forth, but I do not think you can definitively say "never" to this situation without even knowing details about a situation that may or may not have actually happened.

Let's just move this along. Although the investigation is reportedly focused on Flynn and Manafort, hopefully this puts to bed the Trump-Russia accusations at it's conclusion, good or bad. I think most of America wants closure on this, one way or the other. Either have a thorough, independent investigation and present the results, or let the issue die.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Seriously...what specifically have you Trumpers seen that makes you 100% sure there's nothing to these allegations? All you guys do is confidentaly call all this BS....but why?
    the lack of any concrete evidence, or anything that's solid enough to use in court. If the FBI has anything they should be able to send it over to the Special Counsel right away

I think my point was clearly made so I'm not sure about this back and forth, but I do not think you can definitively say "never" to this situation without even knowing details about a situation that may or may not have actually happened.
    Never may be too strong of a word to use, but I would wager large sums of money on Never and like my odds.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    the lack of any concrete evidence, or anything that's solid enough to use in court. If the FBI has anything they should be able to send it over to the Special Counsel right away
    It's an ongoing investigation, the FBI isn't going to talk about concrete evidence at this point. Just because the FBI isn't airing all of the shit they found (or haven't found) on CNN/Fox News doesn't mean it does or doesn't exist.

Really at this point we know nothing either way.

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    Let's just move this along. Although the investigation is reportedly focused on Flynn and Manafort, hopefully this puts to bed the Trump-Russia accusations at it's conclusion, good or bad. I think most of America wants closure on this, one way or the other. Either have a thorough, independent investigation and present the results, or let the issue die.
    Pretty sure the FBI isn't going to let the issue die.