Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    'While we are all formally equal before the law, the justice system reflects and reinforces the great inequalities in wealth and power of British society'

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Doesn't add up. Was the other judge attracted to Brock Turner? They both have a lot of common though. It isn't about her being a woman. Don't be sexist.
    That case is not this case. That judge is not this judge.

I would be beyond furious if I were the victim here.

If she was that promising of a surgeon, she would have hit an artery with the bread knife. Any crazy bitch can stab a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    "Turner was sentenced on June 2, 2016, to six months incarceration in the Santa Clara County jail to be followed by three years of formal probation. Additionally, Turner must register as a sex offender for the rest of his life and participate in a sex offender rehabilitation program."

While I'm not going to get into a discussion about comparing these charges (which, by the way, the actual rape charges were dropped by the prosecution when DNA tests came back) and the woman in the OP, but no jail vs the above charges seems incomparable, i.e. bad example there T'Ace.

On a related note, if the genders of the OP were reversed, I'd bet a goodly sum we would've seen some dramatic adjectives from T'Ace, like 'How terrible! or 'How Despicable!'
    Also, imagine if brock turner was a woman and the victim was a male. The case would have been laughed off/ignored before it even got to the police station.

Doesn't add up. Was the other judge attracted to Brock Turner? They both have a lot of common though. It isn't about her being a woman. Don't be sexist.
    You can't be that naive to think physical characteristics and gender don't play a role in such situations? (note, I'm not saying they should, but saying they do).

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    A bread knife is a large serrated knife, not something you casually spread butter with. We're talking somewhere between 4-8" blade with a serrated edge, generally.

You know, something large enough to easily kill someone if you hit the right spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    bread knife not butter knife
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grip...ds=bread+knife

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to be stabbed by that.
    You're all correct, I failed at reading.

So, man touches a woman and his life is basically over.

Woman stabs a man and the courts basically apologise to her for the inconvenience.

Got it.

How does recognizing that sexism occurs in the courts, make a person sexist. By that logic, you must be sexist by thinking I'm sexist, lol. You are extremely naive if you think that gender is never a factor in sentencing. I don't think it should ever be a factor, but I'm not naive enough to think it doesn't happen, like you seem to.

LOL it's just how it works with wealth as well.

ohhh shit i see you have lots of money, well we don't want to put you in prison, that would "destroy you" maybe you just have over some of that cash and be on your merry way.

oh yeh and erm don't do it again.

justice, as fair today as it was 2000 years ago.

"stabbed her boyfriend during an alcohol-and-drug-fuelled row" said the article.

Alcohol and not only alcohol but drugs were involved.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    gets drunk, high, attempts to murder boyfriend... yeah, that's a bright future alright.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    The judge should be removed and the girl should go to jail.

Absurd that an argument like this can even be made for leniency.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...may-avoid-jail

Interesting. I guess this is how the law is administered in Europe? I can't imagine this would fly in Canada but it is a different system..
    So that's where Ethan Couch's lawyer went. Should hire that guy, you can literally get away with a quadruple homicide.

its ok because somehow it was the patriarchy's fault she tried to kill him.

I'm not really sure that a person who stabs someone else in a drunken rage is really a person we want as a doctor, much less a heart surgeon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the judge was hoping to get some. Both individuals in this case are clearly not the type of people we want in those positions (Judge, surgeon.)

How the fuck do you not expect to damage your career by drunkenly stabbing people?

The fuck is this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming the injury she caused was minor, unlawful wounding rather than GBH, then a suspended sentence is not all that unusual.

And even less unusual considering her brief is a QC, which means her family is probably loaded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. The rapist Brock Turner from the U.S. also got off easily. He isn't a woman.

Nice try!
    Right, but that's rape, not stabbing.

Men rape, women stab.
    Putin khuliyo

Wrong. The rapist Brock Turner from the U.S. also got off easily. He isn't a woman.

Nice try!
    He also isnt a rapist, nice try!