Poll: Satisfied with Legions class design?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Hell no, class design is the worst it's ever been.

I couldn't have put it better myself.

The worst part about "class fantasy" is that they actually demolished the already great and well established fantasy of most classes...

Class fantasy in Wrath was fucking AMAZING, they need to go back to that if they want to tote class fantasy, I loved the feel and fantasy of every single class and spec I played back then, which was almost all of them. Pruning shit doesn't reinforce or focus fantasy, it ruins it... Almost everything they have pruned over the years was good for the fantasy, not just of classes but the game world as a whole, and needs to be re-added to the game.

Speaking just from the class I main(paladin)... I want auras back, all of em, I want to be able to give my allies more physical or specific spell school resist based on the fight, or different phases of the fight.

I want raid buffs back because giving everyone in the raid the best buff for their class (attack power or 10% stats, or mana regen) felt important.

I want seals back in a meaningful way like they were in Wrath and earlier, where they contributed a large cunk of our damage, because they heavily brought the fantasy of "empowered by the light".

I want my anti-undead/demon spells back (Holy Wrath, Exorcism, Turn Evil).

I want my god damn magic cleanse back as Ret and Prot, because being able to cleanse disease and poison is only useful against one spec in the entire game (Assassination Rogue) and almost never in PvE.

I want HAMMER OF WRATH back.

I feel like a Shiny Warrior right now, not a Paladin.
    The fact that anyone could literally say class design is good because you can cast buffs on people or put up some generic and completely boring self buff like seals and call it good gameplay is absolutely mind boggling to me. Those are the epitome of completely boring and uninspired gameplay at its finest.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is especially relevant for me as a Destruction Warlock and I've said variants of this in other threads but I, basically, want them to stop fucking with classes. Get them in a good place then keep them there. Keep in mind I'm not talking about understandably necessary percentage tweaks on abilities here, only total re-works of classes.

Pick a design. Pick a spell rotation. Pick utility abilities. Pick a resource system. Stick with it. Stop deleting my character and giving me a max level character of a totally new class each expansion. Nobody asks for that.

Stop re-jigging your classes and breaking "fun" to justify the existence of your arbitrary single-expansion throw-away systems.

I'd also love to think of the delays they'd avoid between expansions if their class design work was cut down to tweaking the balance knobs instead of total re-works. There's something to be said for that.
    Last edited by Klingers; 2017-05-18 at 05:26 AM.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

7+ Year Old Account
    Worst class design. Everything pruned.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

this and the last expansion class-design-wise was completely horrible.

not only pruning, design, etc itself. but some classes "feels" like there is some hard clack clack in them instead of that feeling of flow when pressing one button after another. sorry, have no better words to describe it.

aside from that the class design is way more worse than ever. this is reflected by how unhappy most players are with their class. not the usual "i am not happy with x". after 12 years of wow, i can differentiate that, and its very obvious to read it out of the forums.

the first thing i would do, is to move chad nervig away. this guy has never did anything to the better, since he is responsible for class design. horrible descissions, horrible design. and the most bad thing: he do exactly the SAME failures, blizzard already learned YEARS ago, in TBC, wotlk and cata. again.

all in all: class design in WoD and in Legion is horrible and complete crap. at least imo.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-05-18 at 06:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    I didn't say they needed to add a non DPS spec, they just need to change one of the existing specs.
    Yeah I;'m sure that will go over wonderfully with the people who currently main and enjoy the spec that is chosen for butchering... Do you not remember how the Survival change went? People were rightfully pissed.

Right now the class suffers (for lack of a better term) because it consists of 3 DPS specs that get buffed and nerfed in rotation so only one is ever really viable.

That makes me unhappy with the class design. :-P
    Then do something logical, like, request they don't rotate them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lanesia24 View Post
    The fact that anyone could literally say class design is good because you can cast buffs on people or put up some generic and completely boring self buff like seals and call it good gameplay is absolutely mind boggling to me. Those are the epitome of completely boring and uninspired gameplay at its finest.
    That is fantasy, not "gameplay".

Fantasy is fucked right now, gameplay is more or less fine for Ret, and gameplay was fine in WotLK, Cata, MoP, and WoD when seals and buffs were still a thing, but the fantasy was undoubtedly better back then.

Also, plenty of people enjoyed the seal twisting gameplay with Emp Seals in WoD, especially in PvP where all 4 buffs were very useful.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-05-18 at 06:44 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

There's a few good specs, but compared to Cata/MoP/WoD it's much worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    Glaring issues that go unanswered and unfixed since beta for basically every single class..... so that's a big fat NO I am not happy with the class design in Legion.

When class fantasy trumps enjoyable game play then there's a problem. Class fantasy is a nice starting point to get a feel of the direction you may be going for but things like Focused Rage still around after almost unanimous hatred just boggles my mind. Changes are taking way too long to come in and at this point it feels like they've already moved on to to the next expansion.
    Class fantasy is just a catch-all excuse for making idiotic decisions, nothing more.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    <3 Discipline Priest Spec <3

class design yes, pure numbers no.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's awful. As a warrior, it's never felt worse and that's one of the main reasons I quit. Warriors felt awesome from BC --> Cataclysm (until they made the big changes and made them shit), went back to being alright in MoP and they haven't got it right since. It's like the people designing the class have never played it before and I know I'm not the only person who feels that way (about this class and others).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    I know it's basically a meme now, but if your lead class designer plays on a tablet I honestly don't think you can lead a team when you're not playing the game the way it was meant to be played. That and they are trying there hardest to make WoW PvP an eSport.
    Last I heard Chadd Nervig (Celestalon) was responsible for balancing classes. The person in charge of the team that actually designs classes was Kris Zierhut and his Facebook page says that he still is.

Zierhut never says much, has never tweeted that I can see so stays well under the radar.

My understanding--which may be somewhat out-of-date since I don't follow the comings and goings at Blizzard--is that Celestalon balances what the class design team comes out with.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Put me down for a hell no.

Feral is just an unplayable class unless you're single target focusing something and even then, you're better off taking a paladin or DH in their slot.

Because classes are horribly balanced, PvP is even worse than before. Artifact gating peoples DPS behind months of grinding causes people to feel behind even when they have the gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did like my warrior, but I hate what they've done to hunters.

God, no! Dumbed down gameplay to attract the casual crowd. I'm not interested in games that require no brain/skills to play.

as a rogue: i like what they did to combat(now outlaw) and assa, by making them more interesting and different from each other

i'M not the biggest fan of the new sub, but i understand why they did the changes, it's just that they did them wrong, the old one wouldve had tons of issues similarly to this one, now that we're more locked into one spec (imagine doing mythic+ with the old sub lol)

the only thing i'm truly mad about is that they took away gouge from 2/3 of our specs, and it's been basically my favourite rogue spell since like forever, and i also thing one of the most defining one.

oh and i hate the new cheap shot sound

overall the class design isnt perfect, but it's never ever been, i know every single expansion people say it's the worst it's ever been, but in reality it's fine, it's never gonna be perfect, and people(including myself) will always find things to complain about, which is good, because blizzard has some feedback at least
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-05-18 at 12:25 PM.

takin all of your core abilities only to give them back to you as a talent or artifact is kind a shitty way to class balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have played WoW since a few months before BC hit. I have spent the vast majority of that time with an active sub; with the occasional unsub due to RL commitments or financial tightness. I have always managed to play and enjoy WoW, no matter how bad things have become, because I have always loved playing my hunter. When content was awful, or lacking, I still managed to get my enjoyment purely from my love of my class.
    Then everything changed when Legion attacked. . . I unsubbed a few months after Legion hit purely because I fucking HATE the changes they made to hunters as a class. I do not get any enjoyment from playing my class any more. Marksmanship has been turned into an RNG stationary turret. Beast Mastery became a mess of underwhelming pet action buttons and awful pet AI (doubled because of Hati {seriously, whoever thought that a viable action for the notoriously bad pet AI in WoW was to add a second pet, needs a cranial cat scan}). And I will never forgive Blizzard for Survival. If they had successfully found a way to implement the old Survival play-style and abilities into Marksmanship, I may have overlooked and understood changing Survival to melee. However, Blizzard's malicious slaughter of Survival and their empty attempts to placate those of us who enjoyed the spec have left me bitter and unforgiving.

TL;DR - I'm not even sure that Blizzard reverting the changes to Hunters would make me resub. I am so bitter about it that my stubbornness may prevent me from giving them my money again.

No. I don't like what they did to MW, Disc, Surv.

Yeah, for the most part the changes/pruning have been for the worst. Most of the classes feel really "bare bones" and in many cases the class fantasy has suffered as a result. I am also strongly against the removal of class buffs, surely across 12 classes and 36 specs bringing one of each shouldn't have been a problem, particularly with BM hunters being pretty much a jack of all trades in MoP/WoD.

I used to be a serious altaholic, leveling all classes on both horde and alliance but I just don't see the appeal anymore (Broken Isles burnout might be a contributing factor to that).

From the classes/specs I have played here are my thoughts (without thinking about numbers performance at all):
    • Shaman: Enhancement (7.0 was a step in the right direction, destroyed by 7.1.5 so current state is meh/bad), Elemental/Resto (minimal changes so actually in a good state)
    • Monk: Windwalker (actually in a good state), Brewmaster (destroyed), Mistweaver (a big fat meh)
    • Mage: Fire (overall OK - a couple of talent options really don't fit well in the rotation), Arcane (actually improved slightly)
    • Demon Hunter: Havoc (quite fun to play but very very limited arsenal), Vengence (descent but arsenal is all over the place - like 2-3 people designed this spec without speaking to each other)
    • Warlock: destroyed beyond any recognition
    • Hunter: Haven't played extensively but the fluid feeling of MoP/WoD survival has been lost and hasn't been captured in any of the remaining ranged specs.

i dont like blood and frost dk

Very few I like. I enjoyed Crit DK, both frost and unholy, BoS frost is fucking disgusting to play, I hate all "you're shit for 2 minutes just to compensate for one OP skill after" kind of builds. Blood also makes more sense, it's less braindead than what it used to be.

My main is BrM monk, it's really fun, but I never played monk before legion so I can't compare. WW is unlpayable, way too boring, way too slow gameplay, MW is fine but healing in general in Legion is cancerous, props to you healers, don't know how you do it.

I used to play like 6 characters every xpacks, but in Legion I just can't, not just cuz of the endless AP grind that I don't want to do on more than 1 toon, but also cuz most classes feel boring, clunky or just straight up wrong in terms of gameplay. Hunter is the only class I played every single xpacks without fault, I eventually managed to get it to 110 in Legion but jesus christ that was painful, it's so terrible what they did to the class, can't believe that went live.