Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it amusing when russians yell about freedoms of speech, while they themselves block a lot of web resources; even when they [Roskomnadzor and so on] threatened VK itself for hosting Navalny's groups when Durov still had VK under his control.

Well, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by sonololo View Post
    I find it amusing when russians yell about freedoms of speech, while they themselves block a lot of web resources; even when they [Roskomnadzor and so on] threatened VK itself for hosting Navalny's groups when Durov still had VK under his control.
    That's some mighty threatening! So, Durov was the only one defending the new father of Russian revolution? How come that there's no longer Durov in VK and evil RKZ didn't squash that pesky https://vk.com/navalny yet?

Well, whatever.
    What exactly ever? Care to name those blocked sites? I'm asking, because I hate that blocklist and because of that I know EXACTLY what's in it. It is full of specific PAGES that violate anti-nazi, anti-terrorism and several other laws that have their equivalents in USA and EU.

From top of my head the only high profile site-wide ban is Linkedin - because they violate personal data laws. Guess what? EU have those laws and enforce them too. As soon as Linkedin complies with relevant hosting policies - like other companies such as Google and Microsoft did - they will be removed from list. This has nothing to even remotely to do with censure here.

What else? Oh right, my beloved danbooru and e-hentai, because their "gold account" section is not exactly well hidden and leaks loli/shota stuff outside. Do you need explanation why they were blocked or are you a big enough boy to find equivalent EU/USA law on your own?

Anything else?
    Last edited by rowaasr13; 2017-05-18 at 02:33 AM.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    That's some mighty threatening! So, Durov was the only one defending the new father of Russian revolution? How come that there's no longer Durov in VK and evil RKZ didn't squash that pesky https://vk.com/navalny yet?
    Looks your reading comrpenension equals to zero. I said navalny's groups, and that means anti-corruption groups and groups about protests. Which then were blocked after removal of Durov.

But that's lost on you.

What exactly ever? Care to name those blocked sites? I'm asking, because I hate that blocklist and because of that I know EXACTLY what's in it. It is full of specific PAGES that violate anti-nazi, anti-terrorism and several other laws that have their equivalents in USA and EU.

From top of my head the only high profile site-wide ban is Linkedin - because they violate personal data laws. Guess what? EU have those laws and enforce them too. As soon as Linkedin complies with relevant hosting policies - like other companies such as Google and Microsoft did - they will be removed from list. This has nothing to even remotely to do with censure here.
    Grani, Lurk, etc.

Also you can remember the attempt of strongarming the Wikipedia to comply and remove some of theirs encyclopedic pages. Which failed, because RKZ backed. Or... you have goldfish's memory.

And those laws should die. And no, it should not comply at all.

What else? Oh right, my beloved danbooru and e-hentai, because their "gold account" section is not exactly well hidden and leaks loli/shota stuff outside. Do you need explanation why they were blocked or are you a big enough boy to find equivalent EU/USA law on your own?

Anything else?
    Okay then tell me why they aren't blocked in EU/USA now.

But again, whatever. All this boils down to the Hottentot morality.
    Last edited by sonololo; 2017-05-18 at 02:56 AM.

Let me provide you with a helpful cheatsheet too:
    Governing people according to their wishes = democracy.
    Don't giving a fuck while citing "you're country's property, it 'acquired' you and will order who you will be" = NOT democracy.

To sum it up: Nor Ukraine neither some "Canada at NATO" shitards have a single fucking right to dictate those people whatever. Yeah, that's called "dictate" when you're not listening to actual people. Or was I mistaken and you are really supporter of dictatorship? They should get a referendum and decide for yourself. Oh wait, that's exactly what Russia helped them with!
    Had you been following the debate instead of just burping in at a random point you could have noticed that I believe Crimea should have had autonomy within Ukraine. Both points of that clause are equally important in my view. As for the will of the people - see, the rest of the world does not really believe that a referendum supervised by Russian soldiers will ever tell anyone the true will of the people, but seeing a Russian shill go on about democracy is always rich. Thank you for the smile you brought to my morning.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Respectfully, you were asking a question that I answered with a "No".
    Yeah but it was a rhetorical question, you're not really supposed to answer them lol, like I said as an ASSR Crimea had the constitutional right to choose to go with Ukraine or not, this was denied, because it would have chosen not too. Just like it was denied the chance to vote down administrative transfer to Ukrainian SSR in 1954.

- - - Updated - - -

a referendum supervised by Russian soldiers will ever tell anyone the true will of the people
    Here's the thing though, it wasn't the first referendum. I could buy into Russia rigging this one, if the result wasn't in line with previous referendums on the subject which Russia had no hand in (1991/1994). NB: The results of the 1991 referendum were ignored when the USSR split, and the results of the 1994 one were never implemented as Ukraine responded by sending in the military to take control (that's when they deposed the Crimean president, overthrew their government, tore up their constitution, revoked citizens rights, etc).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolgo View Post
    And there you go again, using data from several years ago. We actually stopped using russian gas completely a year or so ago. Same goes for oil. We're also boycotting their
    U are buying from countries that buy from Russia, those countries make a profit of u pretending u don't buy Russian energy.

You are still buying from Russia but now u pay more than u have to..LOL!

Looks your reading comrpenension equals to zero. I said navalny's groups, and that means anti-corruption groups and groups about protests. Which then were blocked after removal of Durov.
    Oh, so they removed small stuff, but left head honcho himself alone. Makes so much sense. Care to name at least one "blocked group". Looks like your facts equal to zero and shit equals to full.

But that's lost on you.
    Yeah, excuse me for ignoring random "evil commies block everything, I didn't see that but I know the TRUTH!" ramblings.

Grani, Lurk, etc.

Also you can remember the attempt of strongarming the Wikipedia to comply and remove some of theirs encyclopedic pages. Which failed, because RKZ backed. Or... you have goldfish's memory.
    Did you miss when I called out specific pages being blocked because of SPECIFIC laws? "reading comrpenension equals to zero", indeed.

And those laws should die. And no, it should not comply at all.

Okay then tell me why they aren't blocked in EU/USA now.
    Wikileaks, ThePirateBay, rings any bells?
    How about you go and complain to democratiest country in World first?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern..._United_States

- - - Updated - - -

Had you been following the debate instead of just burping in at a random point you could have noticed that I believe Crimea should have had autonomy within Ukraine. Both points of that clause are equally important in my view. As for the will of the people - see, the rest of the world does not really believe that a referendum supervised by Russian soldiers will ever tell anyone the true will of the people, but seeing a Russian shill go on about democracy is always rich. Thank you for the smile you brought to my morning.
    No, it is not "rest of world". It is YOU, personally shitting upon voice of people because they are not voicing opinion you would like to dictate to them. You dismiss it outright under whatever pretense. You could've contacted pretty much any Crimean or dozens of them, but no - you'll find suitable matra to dismiss what they say, like "soldiers supervised" and chant it while closing your ears.

You dismiss what I say because I'm "Russian shill" and thus I MUST BE SILENCED, right, "freedom speaking democrat"?

Seeing hypocrite clowns go on "democracy" while doing that and about "Russian shills" is always rich. Thanks you for the disgust you brought this morning and reminding about just how stinking shit so-called "democrats" are.
    Last edited by rowaasr13; 2017-05-18 at 09:29 AM.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, it is not "rest of world". It is YOU, personally shitting upon voice of people because they are not voicing opinion you would like to dictate to them. You dismiss it outright under whatever pretense. You could've contacted pretty much any Crimean or dozens of them, but no - you'll find suitable matra to dismiss what they say, like "soldiers supervised" and chant it while closing your ears. Seeing hypocrite clowns go on "democracy" while doing that and about "Russian shills" is always rich. Thanks you for the disgust you brought this morning and reminding about just how stinking shit so-called "democrats" are.
    You have to understand, democracy is extremely important to the west, as long as it results in the outcome we like :P

10+ Year Old Account
    *Screams in sovietskij soiuz' anthem*

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you miss when I called out specific pages being blocked because of SPECIFIC laws? "reading comrpenension equals to zero", indeed.
    And you missed that I said that those laws should not exist.

Indeed, your reading comrpenension equals to zero.

Wikileaks, ThePirateBay, rings any bells?
    How about you go and complain to democratiest country in World first?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern..._United_States
    And again, why Grani and Lurk?

But I see you can't even understand the smallest nuances, and even understand how the cases of Wikileaks and ThePirateBay were handled, and how different they are from Grani and Lurk.

It's okay, though, as I said: Hottentot Morality. It's always rich hearing from hypocrite likes of yours, though.
    Last edited by sonololo; 2017-05-18 at 09:50 AM.

And again, why Grani and Lurk?
    For Lurk it is well-known - they had article on suicide that Lurk owner refused to block on principle. So RosKomNadzor had to block it entirely until he became more sensible (or was it split? i wasn't following that spat closely).

Now it shows "This article is blocked" explanations with supporting info like links to respective court order... and then adds links on how to bypass blocking on same page for good measure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    For Lurk it is well-known - they had article on suicide that Lurk owner refused to block on principle. So RosKomNadzor had to block it entirely until he became more sensible (or was it split? i wasn't following that spat closely).

Now it shows "This article is blocked" explanations with supporting info like links to respective court order... and then adds links on how to bypass blocking on same page for good measure.
    Well, let's say, that blocking articles about suicides is NOT how the high amount of suicides should be handled, but by creating and maintaining suicide prevention hotlines and corresponding services; because those who contemplate suicide do not really look for the recipes for "vipilitsa" on the Internet... But that's for entire another thread...

Well, let's say, that blocking articles about suicides is NOT how the high amount of suicides should be handled, but by creating and maintaining suicide prevention hotlines and corresponding services; because those who contemplate suicide do not really look for the recipes for "vipilitsa" on the Internet... But that's for entire another thread...
    Well, actually there is pretty robust statistics that suicides go on the rise after articles about suicides get posted. So scientifically media blackout on it makes sense. Obviously it shouldn't be the only measure (and it isn't).

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, actually there is pretty robust statistics that suicides go on the rise after articles about suicides get posted. So scientifically media blackout on it makes sense. Obviously it shouldn't be the only measure (and it isn't).
    I'd like to see it. It's not the thing to easy google out.

I'd like to see it. It's not the thing to easy google out.
    Looks like this one

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/567458

Background: The impact of media reporting of suicides of entertainment celebrities may affect suicide rates due to an imitation effect. We investigated the impact on suicides of the media reporting of the suicide of a male television celebrity.

Methods: All suicides during 2003-2005 in Taiwan (n = 10 945) were included in this study. A Poisson time series autoregression analysis was conducted to examine whether there was an increase in suicides during the 4-week period after extensive media reporting of the celebrity suicide.

Results: After controlling for seasonal variation, calendar year, temperature, humidity and unemployment rate, there was a marked increase in the number of suicides during the 4-week period after media reporting (relative risk = 1.17, 95% CI 1.04-1.31). The increase was in men (relative risk = 1.30, 95% CI 1.14-1.50) and for the individuals using the same highly lethal method (hanging) as the TV actor did (relative risk = 1.51, 95% CI 1.25-1.83). However, the age groups in which the increase occurred were younger than the age of the celebrity.

Conclusions: The extensive media reporting of the celebrity suicide was followed by an increase in suicides with a strong implication of a modelling effect. The results provide further support for the need for more restrained reporting of suicides as part of suicide prevention strategies to decrease the imitation effect.

Edit: a few more supporting examples here
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2017-05-18 at 11:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. That looks interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ni_Min-jan Looks like this one?

Though I'm inclined to argue that the "encyclopedic" articles about suicides is different from extensive coverage in mainstream media about suicide of well-known person.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    You have to understand, democracy is extremely important to the west, as long as it results in the outcome we like :P
    Yup, especially the self proclaimed democratic intelligence, which happens to be mostly people with degrees from useless fields within social studies.

On topic: How exactly is blocking a search engine and social networking site going to sanction Kremlin more than it is sanctioning their own citizens?
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2017-05-18 at 11:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolgo View Post
    Again, do not mistake censorship and disarming your enemy.
    How exactly denying access of Ukrainian citizens to major russian social networks, search engine and a fucking email service to your own citizens I can't even type properly because of how angry i am. How is that going to "disarm your enemy"?. Fucking great idea. Just can't wait to wake up, get into the web and to be unable to access my email. which i happen to have linked to my bnet account or something. Thanks obama.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-05-18 at 11:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

No, it is not "rest of world". It is YOU, personally shitting upon voice of people because they are not voicing opinion you would like to dictate to them.
    Most countries that have taken a position on the Crimean referendum have condemned it as a breach of Ukrainian sovereignty. Only a few countries, including Armenia, Kazakhstan, Russia, and several breakaway states supported by Russia have endorsed the vote.

Yep, that is pretty much the rest of the world.

A few quotes in case some readers have not yet formed their opinions:

The European Parliament rejected the referendum on independence in Crimea, which they saw as manipulated and contrary to international and Ukrainian law.
    Assistant Secretary-General for Human Rights Ivan Šimonović has briefed the Security Council on the situation in Ukraine, and turning to his 21 to 22 March visit to Crimea he said "Media manipulation significantly contributed to a climate of fear and insecurity in the period preceding the referendum, and the presence of paramilitary and so-called self-defence groups, as well as soldiers in uniform but without insignia, was not conducive to an environment in which voters could freely exercise their right to hold opinions and the right to freedom of expression".

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    On topic: How exactly is blocking a search engine and social networking site going to sanction Kremlin more than it is sanctioning their own citizens?
    The same way banning Russian athletes from competing at the 2016 olympics hurt them more than it hurt the other competitors and the viewers, it won't.

- - - Updated - - -

Out of interest how many of those countries took an opposite position on Kosovo?