GOP Chairman of the House Oversight Committee Jason Chaffetz of Utah has resigned

http://chaffetz.house.gov/news/docum...DocumentID=842

Its offical. Chaffetz plans on being gone at the end of June. The speculation has been that he intends to prepare to run for Governor of Utah.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole thing with him has just been incredibly shady. Maybe he just had enough with DC...but I wouldn't be surprised if something comes out that caused him to resign.

Or, maybe he really just wants to be Gov. of Utah and this is his chance.

EDIT -- or maybe just a midlife crisis like he's claiming? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Bullshit, and that's still terrible. He was elected to do a damn job, not book it early like a spineless coward because things got too tough.

The whole thing with him has just been incredibly shady. Maybe he just had enough with DC...but I wouldn't be surprised if something comes out that caused him to resign.

Brings up some interesting questions about if he's implicated or not.

His letter reveal was technically releasing and politicizing classified information to the media so I imagine the FBI was ready to nail him to wall over it. There was also the speculation of kompromat on him as well along with others in the GOP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Bullshit, and that's still terrible. He was elected to do a damn job, not book it early like a spineless coward because things got too tough.
    On what are you basing this statement? This animosity toward Mr. Chaffetz would only be reasonable in the case of his resignation being a personal affront to you. Is this so?

I wish him nothing but the best.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    On what are you basing this statement? This animosity toward Mr. Chaffetz would only be reasonable in the case of his resignation being a personal affront to you. Is this so?

I wish him nothing but the best.
    Based on his history of being a spineless coward. Such as when he used his daughter as an excuse to take a stand against Trump, then shamelessly flip-flopped like political whores have a habit of doing.
    Last edited by NYC17; 2017-05-18 at 07:54 PM. Reason: gramma!

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Based on his history of being a spineless cowards. Such as when he used his daughter as an excuse to take a stand against Trump, then shameless flip-flopped like political whores have a habit of doing.
    This. In addition to his unadulterated bullshit during the Planned Parenthood hearings (hello completely made up charts he presented as evidence!). Chaffetz has been an incredibly bad influence in congress in his short time there, and by all accounts he's looking to move into state politics. He's jumping ship like the rat fuck he is before shit hits the fan and potentially ruin his own personal political career moving forward.

You're not elected to look out for your own political career, you're elected to represent your constituents. This is some grade-A horse shit from one of the most odious members of congress.

I never thnought I'd see the day when raging leftists wept over chaffetz resigning.

We're not weeping. We're wondering what kinda shady stuff in the background caused his sudden departure.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleEverett View Post
    We're not weeping. We're wondering what kinda shady stuff in the background caused his sudden departure.
    And him resigning somehow makes there less evidence available?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I never thnought I'd see the day when raging leftists wept over chaffetz resigning.
    They're definitely not weeping. Have a concern over something is not disliking it or the person involved (same deal with Comey). This seems to be a really hard point for trumpists to understand, but nuance is actually lost on them.

Congratulations on being right for once. You most definitely have no seen that. Like...at all. The irony of your wrongness making you right is just...sweet.

It's weird you think you have.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Congratulations on being right for once. You most definitely have no seen that. Like...at all. The irony of your wrongness making you right is just...sweet.

It's weird you think you have.
    s

Another non sensical statement

I doubt it, state-level politics is a definite step down.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Governor is definitely a step up from Representative.

Isn't it a good step for a Presidential run though? Experience making actual decisions, managing an economy etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I've seen a single sign ANYWHERE of "leftists" weeping over chaffetz resigning. I do, however, see a lot of people questioning just how weird the series of events and timing is. Cause, well...it is weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless he thinks DC is going to explode or the environment there is too toxic for him to thrive, or maybe it's just an ego thing -- big fish in a small pond vs small fish in a big pond?

Or maybe he sees a path to wealth or power via this detour? Who knows.

Rats abandoning the sinking ship.