Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    "At a base level, it's recognizing that there are issues for both men and women, and to be productive, they focus on a specific side of the spectrum."

So what if I support equality and believe there are issues, but I don't focus on the female side of the spectrum? Or that it even needs much specific focus to begin with? What if I support equality but believe that there are vastly larger issues than gender will ever be in the west?
    You may not EXCLUSIVELY be a feminist.
    But you're ALSO a feminist.
    It's really that simple.

Saying you're a feminist doesn't mean that you think that it is the largest issue.

I think energy and resources are bigger issues.
    Hence why I will be getting an internship in the ministry of foreign affairs soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The irony is using "the red pill" to describe some sort of awakening when the red pill simply introduced a new artificial paradigm that was still under the control of the machines, an apt description of the alternate reality red pillers live in.

There's no irony in calling a spade a spade though, even if the spades don't like being called such.
    I mean cool, but the context it's used now is an awakening and not to stay blissfully ignortant like most feminists choose to do. You saw the Laci Green thread where semi sorta "takes it" and now she's opened up talks with anti sjw's.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Why do you equate condoms to BC for women? Hormonal birth control can help women with various things, like reducing how much bleeding there is from periods, reducing cramps, stopping/delaying periods, can help against acne and syndromes such as pcos or conditions like endometriosis. It also serves to stop pregnancy, which can bring with it various health problems too.
    And getting someone pregnant means you pay for it for nearly two decades, which I'd argue is on the worse end of that stick if you don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    You may not EXCLUSIVELY be a feminist.
    But you're ALSO a feminist.
    It's really that simple.

Saying you're a feminist doesn't mean that you think that it is the largest issue.

I think energy and resources are bigger issues.
    Hence why I will be getting an internship in the ministry of foreign affairs soon.
    Feminism like to claim the idea of equality but it is not exclusively theirs to claim. Feminism is more then the textbook definition of equal rights, now it has idealogical movements that comes with its own methodologies that people do NOT need to agree with, even if they believe in equal rights.

Edit: had to look some people up that are semi popular on the topic: Tjkirk and Armored Skeptic are both youtubers who I have seen (though I don't really agree with everything they say, they have good points sometimes). *to each their own I'm not trying to promote these channels, they are heavily opinionated and I'm just providing resources for the topic on hand.
    Last edited by Elbob; 2017-05-18 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    And getting someone pregnant means you pay for it for nearly two decades, which I'd argue is on the worse end of that stick if you don't want to.
    I don't know why you compare being a parent to problems relating to physical health.

Hey, I have an idea if you don't want to risk getting someone pregnant - don't have sex in a manner which can get someone pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    Feminism like to claim the idea of equality but it is not exclusively theirs to claim. Feminism is more then the textbook definition of equal rights, now it has idealogical movements that comes with its own methodologies that people do NOT need to agree with, even if they believe in equal rights.
    It doesn't claim to have an exclusive claim to equality.
    Not at all!

I don't know why you compare being a parent to problems related to physical health.

Hey, I have an idea if you don't want to risk getting someone pregnant - don't have sex.
    Could say exactly the same thing about women getting the pill. Since its primary usage is as a contraceptive, and there are other (and cheaper) methods available for most of the other issues you listed. No special treatment, remember?

Not at all!
    If what you're saying is true, then feminism would have no issue with the men's rights movement, since they "recognize both sides of the issue but focus on one side to be productive".

In truth though, both of these movements are horseshit and they know it.

Could say exactly the same thing about women getting the pill. Since its primary usage is as a contraceptive, and there are other (and cheaper) methods available for most of the other issues you listed. No special treatment, remember?
    What other methods are available for them?

SJW is not a real thing. Its an insult to the intelligence of people who speak out against evils in our society.

Maybe, but definitely not the half shaved rainbow haired she-twink variety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I think it is worth fighting for social justice, and equality under law. So in that aspect, yes, I do consider myself a SJW. But if you are talking about the Identity Politics Warriors that are disguising themselves as justice warriors, then no.
    Pretty much.

Not at all!
    ummmm....
    That yes, quite simply put, if you are NOT a feminist, then you're not really pro-equality.
    That's all.
    You said otherwise a few pages ago.

There's another weird double standard.

Say that to women with regards to the topic of birth control and your career is probably over.

Say it to men in regards to having children and hey, it's just being honest!
    What are you talking about?

What other methods are available for them?
    I'm not a medical doctor, but there are alternative insurance approved treatments for most of these available, and if the medical need really is the only reason, in most countries, insurance will also cover it.

Most people who are against government funded pills want that non funding to be only when it's intended to be used as a contraceptive, which is essentially a luxury leisure product and needs no more subsidies then a face cream or make up would.

If what you're saying is true, then feminism would have no issue with the men's rights movement, since they "recognize both sides of the issue but focus on one side to be productive".

In truth though, both of these movements are horseshit and they know it.
    They don't!
    They take issue with Men's Rights Activists(tm)
    You know. The type that every time issue A is raised, they must COUNTER with issue B.

A tit for tat mentality is very regressive.

I'm not a medical doctor, but there are alternative insurance approved treatments for most of these available, and if the medical need really is the only reason, in most countries, insurance will also cover it.
    Without saying what methods exists it's a useless claim and can be dismissed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    But red pillers are blissfully ignorant.
    No, not at all. I really don't think you know enough about this side of internet culture to be able to say that.

They don't!
    You know. The type that every time issue A is raised, they must COUNTER with issue B.

Focusing on the issues of one gender exclusively in any form or setting is sexist though. That's why both of these movements are bullshit. True equality means issues are adressed as they pertain to both genders, and not that we focus on women only now but sometime maybe later if we can be arsed maybe not just that.

And they "counter" with issue B mostly because they disagree with proposed methods and use that as a dishonest tactic to shift discussion. The goals aren't necessarily bad - feminist ideology is often fascist, anti freedom and sexist discriminatory, but countering with your own brand of extremist bullshit isn't helpful at all.

When women complain about - for example - abortion rights and someone says, "Well just don't have sex" people lose their minds. Political careers have ended for as much.

When men complain about issues with unwanted pregnancy or paternal choice/rights people say, "Well just don't have sex" and everyone nods and agrees.

Essentially when women can choose to abort or not and the father has no say in it (which he should not and has not) then a father should be able to do an "abortion" of their own, i.E forfeiting any parental rights (and duties) including child support, visitation, inheritance and association.

They don't!

Not every MRA is like that... saying that is like assuming every Feminist is like Big Red. Both sexes have problems, both need help reaching equality in many fields. Both sides have quality people that just want equal rights, vocal minorities hurt both movements. Also you can believe in points on both sides without being forced to identify as either one. (Cause identity politics are yucky)

When women complain about - for example - abortion rights and someone says, "Well just don't have sex" people lose their minds. Political careers have ended for as much.

When men complain about issues with unwanted pregnancy or paternal choice/rights people say, "Well just don't have sex" and everyone nods and agrees.
    I've heard people say "Don't have sex if you're not prepared to be a parent" without them ending their career or people losing their minds, I've said it myself too without any problems. If you're having sex in a manner in which pregnancy can happen and you're not prepared for possible unwanted pregnancy then you really should refrain from it.

No, life is hard enough without having to do mental gymnastics every day.