Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    I nominate @Tennisace for this great honor.
    Any decent human being should be SJW if you really think about it. I try to go above and beyond.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    SJW is not a real thing. Its an insult to the intelligence of people who speak out against evils in our society.
    Indeed. I only really hear the SJW term being thrown around by intolerant folk on the internet. Especially on Reddit and by some Twitter users.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Any decent human being should be SJW if you really think about it. I try to go above and beyond.
    Depends on what you define as a SJW. If you're refering to the common people who call themselves that then being one makes you a morally reprehensible far left authoritarian sexist, and that is coming from someone who is to the left of most people in most issues too.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    Not every MRA is like that... saying that is like assuming every Feminist is like Big Red. Both sexes have problems, both need help reaching equality in many fields. Both sides have quality people that just want equal rights, vocal minorities hurt both movements. Also you can believe in points on both sides without being forced to identify as either one. (Cause identity politics are yucky)
    Ofc they're not.
    That's why I highlighted the name.
    It's like a nice guy versus a Nice Guy.
    They're both different things.

I'm very pro mens rights as well.

Magicpot, focusing on one form of issue is not sexist. You can treat symptoms by going by broad strokes. You need to specialize an specify.

I am sure you have an online dictionary that can help you with your sexism quandry though!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    Feminism like to claim the idea of equality but it is not exclusively theirs to claim. Feminism is more then the textbook definition of equal rights, now it has idealogical movements that comes with its own methodologies that people do NOT need to agree with, even if they believe in equal rights.
    It's just a fuzzy overlap.
    There are a few feminists who scoff at the idea of equality. These range from the fringes of old radicalism, to some of the exclusionary ideas.
    There are a few people who are for equality but reject the feminist label. Some anti-sjw do that; some people who take a very superficial look at feminism do too.

If one is for equality, they'll most likely be able to find some branch of feminism that suits them. The motto "if you support equality, you're a feminist" can be persuasive. But people don't like labels imposed on them, and it can easily deter people from following along, so I prefer not to use it.

Nope. Even when I talk sensibly and show facts especially history they will blow it off. Even in basic economics like how neoliberalism is good not evil they will rebuke it as fascist because of Augusto Pinochet. Making some kind of excuse that degrades the values of facts kinda like the alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Ofc they're not.
    That's why I highlighted the name.
    It's like a nice guy versus a Nice Guy.
    They're both different things.

I'm very pro mens rights as well.

Magicpot, focusing on one form of issue is not sexist. You can treat symptoms by going by broad strokes. You need to specialize an specify.

I am sure you have an online dictionary that can help you with your sexism quandry though!
    Sexism is prejudice or discrimination based on sex (and gender, more broadly, but w/e).
    (This is the definition used by google, wikipedia and merriam webster and common sense, so I assume that is uncontested. If you want to make up some different radicalist definition of sexism to make the sexism your side is comitting OK, then knock yourself out, but the rest of us will still call a spade a spade.)

If that is the case then any corrective action favoring one gender in any context or sentiment is sexist.

Just like every corrective action favoring one race is racist.

This is the problem, y'all trying to fight fire with fire when what you should be doing is let the fire die out on its own (educate against biases and let them die out) or use water (making everyone's life better) to fight fire.
    Last edited by Magicpot; 2017-05-18 at 09:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm not going to sit here and argue with you over it. Perhaps one day you'll realize you've simply adopted a new paradigm that you mistakenly see as enlightenment rather than a mere restructuring of existing knowledge.
    I didn't claim the contrary, I'm say the blue pillars ignore existing knowledge, especially statistics, and they try to twist it.
    Inb4 that's what you do too! Nah

As a white male, can I even be an SJW?

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Sexism is prejudice or discrimination based on sex (and gender, more broadly, but w/e).

If that is the case then any corrective action favoring one gender in any context or sentiment is sexist.

Just like every corrective action favoring one race is racist.

This is the problem, y'all trying to fight fire with fire when what you should be doing is let the fire die out on its own (educate against biases and let them die out) or use water (making everyone's life better) to fight fire.
    IT's very nice that you believe that we can think issues away, and if more were like you, perhaps that would be true!

Affirmative action is only a temporary solution to a more permanent problem and requires more complex mechanics to help build on from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's actually a funny topic.

I see Trudeau and now Macron getting all this credit for, "Making half their cabinet women!" or whatever as if they did some awesome thing.

But...either they looked at candidates and chose all the best ones and it just happened to fall 50/50 so they really shouldn't get any credit for that...or they looked at the candidates and purposefully rejected some of them based on gender, which is clearly just discrimination and shouldn't be praised at all.

It's just such a weird thing to claim is "good".
    I don't care about ratios. If nature and talent distribution had it that 80% of the qualified politicians to lead a cabinet would be female, then w/e, still have the best people for the job do it. Just like I don't sit here raising a stink because women are overrepresented in child care positions.

IT's very nice that you believe that we can think issues away, and if more were like you, perhaps that would be true!

Affirmative action is only a temporary solution to a more permanent problem and requires more complex mechanics to help build on from there.
    First and foremost it's a institutionalized form of racist discrimination against white people, commonly justified as "They've done it to us for so long, so now it's our turn to act like bigots"

If you are referring to the people that are burning colleges/towns and spreading hate under the flag of peace then no i am not an sjw.I believe in equality and justice for everyone.Most Modern SJW only care about what they want and what they see in front of themselves.Those people can't look at the big picture and in my opinion equality and justice for everyone has nothing to do with what they are truly about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Why do you equate condoms to BC for women? Hormonal birth control can help women with various things, like reducing how much bleeding there is from periods, reducing cramps, stopping/delaying periods, can help against acne and syndromes such as pcos or conditions like endometriosis. It also serves to stop pregnancy, which can bring with it various health problems too.
    Excuse me, but why didn't you quote the entire line instead of cropping out the most important part?

- If they want the government to pay for their birth control then government should pay for my condoms (to make water balloons with since I don't have sex).
    My virginity plays a large role in my perception and opinions.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    I don't care about ratios. If nature and talent distribution had it that 80% of the qualified politicians to lead a cabinet would be female, then w/e, still have the best people for the job do it. Just like I don't sit here raising a stink because women are overrepresented in child care positions.

First and foremost it's a institutionalized form of racist discrimination against white people, commonly justified as "They've done it to us for so long, so now it's our turn"
    oooooo, the persecution complex!

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Excuse me, but why didn't you quote my entire line instead of cropping out the most important part?

My virginity plays a large role in my perception and opinions.
    You're not funny in any way by editing a post to include that stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You can't inb4 after I already said that because it's fucking true.
    I sure as shit don't do that. I think you're thinking of dumb dumbs that claim to be red pillers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
    It's endlessly amusing to me that the MRA movement uses the term "red pill," taken from a movie made by two transgender women.

I've really considered trying to reappropriate the term for us, but I feel like that might end up getting misconstrued and people would start thinking I'm one of the MRAs, which I absolutely am not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    You're not funny in any way by editing a post to include that stuff.
    Nah, I edited typos.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

oooooo, the persecution complex!
    Using your own definitions of sexism and racism, would you not agree that strictly speaking, affirmative action is an openly racist discrimination program?

Wouldn't you call it racist if Uni's started having a white people quota that matched the population part of white people and they wouldn't let anyone else in until that was filled? I'd find that reprehensible. If you want to adress the disparity of education you need to start where it comes from: economics. Historic inequalities in terms of wealth and net worth take a long time to level out, even after actual discrimination has ended, just because of the way that wealth gets inherited.

I'm not an american, so this stuff is utterly baffling to me. You say you hate racism out of one mouth while advocating it from the other under certain circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I didn't claim the contrary, I'm say the blue pillars ignore existing knowledge, especially statistics, and they try to twist it.
    Inb4 that's what you do too! Nah
    The bluepill is not an ideology, its just a group that was made to make fun of redpillers.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Nah, I edited typos.
    No, you added that with the edit.