Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So Final Fantasy 14? I mean not really the same but in the sense of a reboot that's kinda what they did. I wouldn't mind it if they were going to make a WoW 2, otherwise doing it as an expansion would probably be a bad move. People are very attached to their characters that they've been playing for, in some cases, over a decade.

If they ever decide to make a new world of warcraft I'd be all for it. Otherwise, bad idea.

Why not just have something go on with the Bronze dragonflight to erase our involvement? We still know what we did, but nobody else does, and if we were ever to tell them it would destroy the fabric of time or something.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    We tried that, with Pandaria. Don't me wrong, though, I liked that expansion quite a good bit.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Needs a poll.
    I'd be cool with it. If it were handled well.

An example would be like... I dunno, your character has a kid - and so they have all your reputation and old armor, for example.

Eventually they'll have to do a system like this anyway, because imagine if you made a human mage with grayed hair at the start of the game... that character could like, actually feasibly be dead as of old age now.

I'm rather looking forward to see how Blizzard will deal with the crossing over to the new expansion, in regards of losing our artifact weapons and maybe taking us down a notch.

My idea would be traveling to a small area of Argus on 7.3 and by the end of the expansion actually 'losing' the fight vs the Burning Legion\Sargeras, not being able to maintain a foothold and having to sacrifice our artifact weapons to actually survive...

... queue the next expansion taking place on 'more of' Argus. Midway into it. we return to Azeroth and find it overrun with nagas\old gods under Azshara and N'zoths control.

I completely dislike the fact that we are commanders\highlords\archdruid\shadowblade\council of the six\queue every leading title for every class... i'd rather we return to a adventurer status and less 'world threatening threats'. If every threat is 'global', none of it actually matters :\

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You are not known in the story, the game is made that way to feel you special.

All those NPCs standing there? They do all the work, as "Heroes of Azeroth" you/we are just grunts in the "history books".

It might seem that you do everything but dont forget, story wise you arent.
    We ARE known in the story now though. In Warlords we were the commanders of our respective faction's army. In Legion we are the strongest person in our class. With some exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    We ARE known in the story now though. In Warlords we were the commanders of our respective faction's army. In Legion we are the strongest person in our class. With some exceptions.
    You answered already. In your class.

And what class is the hero of azeroth?

You are not part of the WoW story if it was written first and played after.

Its made this way for entertainment purposes. Story wise or canon wise we are irrelevant.

Or WoW story is now Lotr-copy where the hero of every class came together to defeat the evil.

Cheesier than the 4 cheese types pizza.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-05-17 at 04:04 AM.

You answered already. In your class.

And what class is the hero of azeroth?

You are not part of the WoW story if it was written first and played after.

Its made this way for entertainment purposes. Story wise or canon wise we are irrelevant.

Or WoW story is now Lotr-copy where the hero of every class came together to defeat the evil.

Cheesier than the 4 cheese types pizza.
    Yes that is exactly the story. The class hall campaigns are all canon and the story is that each of the classes come together to win. The armies of legionfall is specifically a faction made up of every single class's order hall. There are even spec specific world quests in the broken shore and if you aren't that quest then you're simply assisting them. The order hall campaigns link to the story in a big way. Paladins save the priests from attack, rogues uncover the secrets behind why we failed at the Broken Shore and save the SI:7 from a dreadlord taking them over, Death Knights raise the four horsemen, priests cleanse a Naaru and... then do things.. etc. and it's all canon. All of it. It's literally 12 heroes that are the paragon of our classes coming together to beat the Broken Shore because no other group of heroes can.

My point is that, every class every character has his own story, so one day they gathered and the Battlelord, the Highlord the high priest, the leader of this and that, you know how stupid that sounds right?

You get my point, unless they write 11 books to fit every character story line?

We arent known, the story is made this way to make you feel important, we still arent part of the story if they write a book about it after Legion.
    "The leaders of the Class Orders gathered their forces and joined the Kirin Tor for a final assault on the Legion." And they wouldn't be that difficult to interweave since the story is actually written to be so. The Order of the Unseen Path deals with Hakkar the Houndmaster while other classes deal with different specific demons. Meanwhile, the majority of a book could, and likely would, still be told from Khadgar or another lore figure's point of view.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Nothing indicates that we will even see Sargeras (let alone killing him) this expansion.
    True. But there aren't that many choices left. Kil'Jaeden gets it the Tomb of Sargeras. Archimonde can't be the final boss again this soon. At the very least it will be someone posessed by Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Did you play WoD or Legion?

As it stands we're a MAJOR lore character. It's canon that YOU lead the expedition to Draenor, and that YOU lead your class order as the supreme example of how *Insert class* should be.
    Ever since wrath where we formally join the alliance / horde armies we are center stage in the story arc.

So it didn't just start from WoD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Ever since wrath where we formally join the alliance / horde armies we are center stage in the story arc.

So it didn't just start from WoD
    But that's the thing. We aren't major lore characters. We are blanks. We are "insert class" and "insert race" who fights for "insert faction". We play an important role, yes, but we don't have a defined character. Not even in the SWTOR style where we get titles like Emperor's Wrath or Lord Kallig or Cipher Nine to make sure we can be referred to in canon. At the very least.

EDIT: Of course we have titles now in Legion but that doesn't tell much about the 100 levels before that. Okay, we were the Garrison commanders. But we only had two garrisons. One for each faction. And we have twelve classes. The Demon Hunter was still chilling in the Vault, but that leaves us with nine class leaders that didn't lead garrisons. What were they doing? What class or race were they?
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2017-05-19 at 08:08 AM.

I don't know where people get this idea that we're nobodies by this point. We're dang near demi-gods. Try to name people of your class that are more powerful than you are and you're gonna have a hard time. If you come up with anybody, it's gonna be a SHORT list. Like, for instance, Mages: Khadgar, Jaina, YOU. (ok, Azshara ahead too if she's even considered a mage any more)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    I don't know where people get this idea that we're nobodies by this point. We're dang near demi-gods. Try to name people of your class that are more powerful than you are and you're gonna have a hard time. If you come up with anybody, it's gonna be a SHORT list. Like, for instance, Mages: Khadgar, Jaina, YOU. (ok, Azshara ahead too if she's even considered a mage any more)
    But we are still nobodies. Demigods, yes. But faceless, nameless demigods collectively referred to as: a band of andventurers. And we have no way of knowing how all the accomplishments are divided between us.

To fully die - is weird idea, how do we play then if we die? But I actually thought about what if we someday turn on the dark side? Instead of fighting Sargeras can we join him? And fight Genn, Sylvanas, Velen, Anduin? Maybe it is like he clouded our minds but at the end of the exp we can see again and be good again - smth liks this - that would be something really new, instead of "sigh, one more raid, one more villain who once again wanf to destroy our world"

Being a "good guy" is all about perception. I think it would be awesome to go through an expansion decimating an enemy force only to find out that you were either misled or brainwashed into attacking the wrong side. To dig yourself out of a hole of all the bad you did might be pretty tough. (and could definitely be a way of knocking the player down prestige wise)

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    But that's the thing. We aren't major lore characters. We are blanks. We are "insert class" and "insert race" who fights for "insert faction". We play an important role, yes, but we don't have a defined character. Not even in the SWTOR style where we get titles like Emperor's Wrath or Lord Kallig or Cipher Nine to make sure we can be referred to in canon. At the very least.

EDIT: Of course we have titles now in Legion but that doesn't tell much about the 100 levels before that. Okay, we were the Garrison commanders. But we only had two garrisons. One for each faction. And we have twelve classes. The Demon Hunter was still chilling in the Vault, but that leaves us with nine class leaders that didn't lead garrisons. What were they doing? What class or race were they?
    Pitfall with regards to the quality of writing and what most people consider WoWs worst expansion on many levels imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    Pitfall with regards to the quality of writing and what most people consider WoWs worst expansion on many levels imo.
    Nobody doubts that WoD was the lowest point of WoW for everything beside class design and graphics. But it still happened so if we discuss the topic of our characters being lore figures that leaves a huge elephant that needs to be adressed. I would love to write a novel that canonizes the player characters, but there are a number of issues.

Two garrisons and twelve class orders
    There are only eleven races, so one will be left out.
    Would they even belong to different races?
    Which class spec is canon?
    What did the death knight do before he/she died?
    What did the forsaken do before he/she died?
    What about the Monk? He/she joined post-cata, so all the 1-85 quests were done in canon. Or was he/she a draenei and have trained with mojo since TBC?
    If a race is left out what is the canon fate of that starting zone?

Hell yes. It's stupid that there's millions of demigods running around in a mmorpg.

"You either die a hero, or see yourself live long enough to become the villain" Harvey Dent

Drops the mic and leaves it there!