Necrotic tanking & leech

Is it just me or they nerfed the interaction between our own Leech with patch 7.2? Beforehand I could rely on popping Meta with Soul Rending on a big pack and heal like a madman, say 99 stacks on the first big pull on Arcway and constantly being 100% HP anyway.

Now I'm doing the same, even with more leech on gear and using the leech legendary ring, and it feels like the healing is non existent.

Did they remove every form of self healing from necrotic or I'm just judging things wrong?
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Leech is affected by necrotic now yh. No clue when they changed it, but Munkky confirmed it on discord.

I believe the original logic was that it reducing a tank's self healing/leech would effectively make the affix MORE punishing to tanks that relied on such things; in theory, a tank that works purely by reducing incoming damage would be much more effective during Necrotic than a tank that takes more damage and compensates by healing through it.

That makes sense to me, but apparently leech/self heal-based tanks became too strong for Blizzard's liking, thus it was changed to also reduce the leech healing.

I'm not 100% sure if it's all healing a DH tank does or just heals that are flagged as "leech", ie healing based on damage done. If it's also reducing our standard healing such as Soul Cleave then I think their original theory is right and it impacts tanks that have a "take more damage but heal some of it back up" playstyle more than a tank that reduces the damage entirely. That's just my thought, though, I could be wrong and it could be perfectly balanced.

@Extremity

I used to think the same thing, but DH is so good at kiting that I think they have a good advantage over other tanks. Certain Tyrannical fights, a Paladin will be best since they can self-cleanse Necrotic twice (via bubble and their magic immunity ability). Aside from that though, DH is very good at kiting the stacks off. DH having high parry can also reduce the number of stacks they get.

I did a 21 Maw on Necrotic/Tyrannical last night and Yimiron sucked SO MUCH because of the adds he spawns (which are CC immune ~_~). Kiting them was really hard but with 2x 40 yard leaps and sigil of chains it was doable.
    Last edited by MetalMusicMan; 2017-05-14 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMusicMan View Post
    @Extremity

I used to think the same thing, but DH is so good at kiting that I think they have a good advantage over other tanks. Certain Tyrannical fights, a Paladin will be best since they can self-cleanse Necrotic twice (via bubble and their magic immunity ability). Aside from that though, DH is very good at kiting the stacks off. DH having high parry can also reduce the number of stacks they get.

I did a 21 Maw on Necrotic/Tyrannical last night and Yimiron sucked SO MUCH because of the adds he spawns (which are CC immune ~_~). Kiting them was really hard but with 2x 40 yard leaps and sigil of chains it was doable.
    Only Belf need to worry about Necrotic, Nelf can shadowmeld it off.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Only Belf need to worry about Necrotic, Nelf can shadowmeld it off.
    Yoooo that's cash. I never thought of that (have always been Horde)

@Extremity

I used to think the same thing, but DH is so good at kiting that I think they have a good advantage over other tanks.

Done same with monk. BTW adds dont even melee your for 3 sec after exploding keg , while stacks reset under boss because of mastery dodge.

I did a 21 Maw on Necrotic/Tyrannical last night and Yimiron sucked SO MUCH because of the adds he spawns (which are CC immune ~_~).
    I was surprised how nasty Yimiron was for that reason. Didn't expect it. Learned the hard way you can't even slow them.

Deleted
    Just kite abit, and the stacks fall off insta after combat.