Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    M+ is a cancer in this format. It causes too many people to demand hysterically high ilvl and performance. That leads to playing with people who just whine and complain constantly and that makes you quit. I have completely and utterly avoided M+ for the most part.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by karumayu View Post
    I think the artificial entry barrier of above the required item level sets a damper on many players even getting started on mythics.
    Pretty much. Put players in charge of forming groups and they will exclude people.

I enjoy M+ a lot as well but also depends on the week. Some affix are simply NOT FUN, Bolstering for exemple, one of the easiest affix, makes the run so fucking boring cuz you can't really chain pull.

While Raging, an affix that can't be as easily countered as Bolstering, therefore more difficult, makes the run more fun cuz it promotes chain pulling.

I absolutely hate having to manually form groups. Been there, done that, grew to hate it. Let me queue, or my interest in zero.

Sadly, as queued dungeon content is basically worthless again....I don't really do them. Hell, even leveling they're a bit worthless for the most part.

It's a shame, I do like dungeons...but again, not if I have to do hateful manually formed grouping.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Deleted
    The sarcasm is strong, I feel...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd much rather be spamming Mythic+ than raiding, but it's infinitely harder to put together a cohesive group to run high level Mythic+ than it is to throw a bunch of people together for raiding. Not to say that Mythic raiding isn't hard, it definitely is, but only 3% of people actually do it so it's not really worth mentioning. For the raid content that most people do it's just throwing a dozen or more people together and throwing them at a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by iNUKE View Post
    I fucking love mythic+ dungeons, I love to run them non stop over and over again, every dungeon is different and then the affixes change weekly.
    Ive raided for years before this type of content now I find myself over and over running them rather than raiding.

And quite frankly high mythic dungeons are a lot more tactical and harder than any type of raiding, including mythic raiding. The only think about mythic raiding is the endurance of performing at a certain level for long period of time, but the actual tactics arent that hard to follow right.

So Im wondering why isnt everyone spamming mythic+ dungeons a lot more, Id do it even if I was fully geared at 925. If only blizzard create a system to grind in dungeons rather than just gear would awesome, like dungeon experience points, like honor in pvp, there should be some kind of honor in pve.
    May come as a shocker, but I'm not spamming anything. That sort of repetitive grind style playing is so late 90's early 00's. The fact that we haven't come up with better game design by 2017 is sad beyond belief.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    I don't have a fixed group - my guild is dead by now, and I don't think that I can find a group which is fine with my schedule.

there comes a point where there isn't much point in spamming them your relying on titanforge rolls.

all you need to do is 1x +10 a week for a guaranteed 905. saying that, if you have a group of 5 keys there comes a point where you either don't want to do x dungeon with y modifiers or you reach a level you can't complete.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    May come as a shocker, but I'm not spamming anything. That sort of repetitive grind style playing is so late 90's early 00's. The fact that we haven't come up with better game design by 2017 is sad beyond belief.
    wow is a number stacking game, there are only so many ways in which you can stack numbers and have it continually be interesting. this is pretty much the same for every single type of game, you start off with little to no numbers an work your way up to larger and larger numbers. that is really the core of practically every game with a sense of progression.

now if you can come up with a method of progression that doesn't involve gaining more numbers i'm sure it'll be interesting to hear.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-05-19 at 01:05 PM.

Deleted
    And quite frankly high mythic dungeons are a lot more tactical and harder than any type of raiding, including mythic raiding.
    That's some top quality bait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic+ ruined the experience for me. Usually I love Dungeons.

First you have to be "the right Class/Spec" to enjoy the run. If you play a spec that is weak at AOE or brings less Support than another Spec you will get ditched more often than not.

secondly the current high entry levels of Gear. Often enough you will read required Itemlevel of 900+ for a M+6. Generally the requirements are much higher than the loot that can drop.

The crushing of keys. So you got a good key and got a group together... the chance is hgigh that someone goes AFK the whole run or just leaves after starting the timer. Your key is then wasted and you have to refresh that key again. Even if you are in a good group some dick can effordlessly ruin your experience.

The GOGO mentality. I always disliked that. I never did challengemodes because of that. Luckily it was entirely optional to run them back in the days. Now it is not. It is even forced upon you. Trying to save time people often get reckless. Ive seen many runs in Maw where the (undergeared) Tank runs to the first boss and dies, complains and leaves the group because the rest of the group are noobs. He probably saw this method in a video of proguilds geared to the teeth and thought he could do so as well. People like this will also crush your keys.

Thge implemention of the LFG System is the final Nail. You have to actively look and apply for groups, get declines.. look and apply some more. Back in Wrath there was the Raidfinder. You singed up for the Places you wanted to go and some Raidleader could pick and choose from the table of people on the board. To me that is much more elegant that applying for countless groups for an hour without being able to do something else. Why not apply to a dungeon rather than a specific group? Peope who want to run that dungeon then can invite other people listed for the same Dungeon. With such a system you can apply to Dungeons and then do other stuff waiting for whispers or invitations.
    Last edited by Uriel; 2017-05-19 at 01:11 PM.

...Ive raided for years before this type of content now I find myself over and over running them rather than raiding.

And quite frankly high mythic dungeons are a lot more tactical and harder than any type of raiding, including mythic raiding....
    Got damn that made me laugh man xD

"Hard" is always a definition of perpective, meaning that whats maybe hard for you is easy for others.

M+ is, in my perspective as a Mythic Gul'dan pre nerf raider, easier than mythic raiding.

Yes you have different affixes, but the instance and the mobs/bosses are always the same, so you only change your tactic based on the affixes, which does not make it "harder" than mythic raiding.

End yes there is the endless scaling of M+ until its impossible to do, but why go that high besides wowprogress fame?
    You don't get more loot (until 7.2.5) and it's not as good as farming lower level keys, because you do those quicker.
    Last edited by Walrock; 2017-05-19 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    It always makes me laugh when I see a solo player complaining about MMOs forcing them to do group content ;-D

Have you heard about what we call 'single player' games?
    Yes I've heard of single player games. They are great except for the fact I can't play random bgs, buy and sell on the AH, auto queue for heroic dungeons or LFR, etc.

It always makes me laugh when I see ignorant people wondering why solo players enjoy mmorpgs.

Deleted
    Sorry, but repetition gets boring. The modifiers cycle. We have all done this week's before several times, for example.

I don't mind running a few, but i am pretty sick of them already.

i dont do them "like crazy". My personal record was +13 Catacombs and it was a disaster as a melee. i was only useful bursting the bosses but died like 4-5 times on thrash. Its good to have a challenge once in a while but god those M+ are frustrating. got some Versa piece of gear from the reward chest. Didnt like it =)

When I was subbed I loved them, but I hated bosses not dropping Loot. I hate personal loot, I miss the good ol days where bosses dropped a shit load of loot and you rolled on it, nowhere near efficient. I just thought it was more fun. I also enjoy 5 mans more than any other content. If I could get a group for 5-8 people that just wanted to do them Id be all for it, because I loved 10m raiding since Kara.

Speaking only for myself, I categorically despise content with timers. The game had way too much "gogogo" even before m+ came along. I haven't set foot in there, and I'm unlikely to.

What WOULD get my attention is harder 5 man content that takes time to figure out. What about trash packs that require well-timed cc and that vary in composition each time you zone in? Unzerg-able, more engaging, and still challenging.

I can't tell you how excited I was to hear that Challenge Modes (way back when) were going to be a thing, and then how disappointed I was to learn right after that the whole thing would revolve around a ticking clock. M+ is the same mistake (IMHO) all over again. Bleh.

I fucking love mythic+ dungeons, I love to run them non stop over and over again, every dungeon is different and then the affixes change weekly.
    Ive raided for years before this type of content now I find myself over and over running them rather than raiding.

And quite frankly high mythic dungeons are a lot more tactical and harder than any type of raiding, including mythic raiding. The only think about mythic raiding is the endurance of performing at a certain level for long period of time, but the actual tactics arent that hard to follow right.

So Im wondering why isnt everyone spamming mythic+ dungeons a lot more, Id do it even if I was fully geared at 925. If only blizzard create a system to grind in dungeons rather than just gear would awesome, like dungeon experience points, like honor in pvp, there should be some kind of honor in pve.
    You're the exact player blizzard loves. You're so addicted to the game and a shitty fucking system that you can't actually see the problems with the systems. You're so enamored that you're running this droll content non stop, over and over, while spouting at how great the runs are.

They're not. They're boring. If I loved doing the same repetitive shit over and over again, I would probably just go mow every single fucking lawn where I live. Same grass, different house, but same grass. You can cut the grass any way you want, but at the end of the day, it's fucking boring grass.

Your experience vs the many and the opinion of the many equates to you being in the vast minority.

A large substantial chunk of the player base loathe the fucking mythic+.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

You can't queue for them, that's my main reason. Haven't done a mythic+ for a few months now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    If I loved doing the same repetitive shit over and over again
    What exactly is in WoW that's not the same repetitive shit over and over again?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    A large substantial chunk of the player base loathe the fucking mythic+.
    A large portion of the WoW playerbase doesn't do any sort of organized activity, so this statement is less eye-opening and more "yes, and?"
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!