Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelE View Post
    thanks for the TLDR.

I guess we will never know what really happened, why 4 people went back to Method and why Pottm quit with rage.
    They went to Method because their GM rage quit and Method is their only option for WF.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelE View Post
    thanks for the TLDR.

I guess we will never know what really happened, why 4 people went back to Method and why Pottm quit with rage.
    If you read the OP, there's several links that don't come out and explicitly say why it happened, but are pretty clear anyways.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Yeah and then you cry when you burnout and your guild dies and you blame Blizzard because they didn't play daddy to a bunch of grown adults and put limits on how much you could grind at a time.
    They dont cry, they quit.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    This is a misunderstanding. Every opportunity is an opportunity. Even the slightest upgrade is an upgrade. As a Top End raider you always go as far as you can. To have Paragon 11 is already twice as strong as Paragon 1. The most important part of trait levels for progression is still the increased health through it.
    yeah that insane 0.01% hp increase with each concordance point is huge....

Not only top guilds are quitting, many lower guilds quitting/disbanding as well. The reason of this is AP grind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    If you read the OP, there's several links that don't come out and explicitly say why it happened, but are pretty clear anyways.
    In the other thread are some screenshots around which make me believe that the "switch to method" thing is not the trigger of the whole event but only a reaction of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    yeah that insane 0.01% hp increase with each concordance point is huge....
    its still around 0.5% per point and yes, it is... you have no idea how important an increased health pool in world first raiding is.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Not only top guilds are quitting, many lower guilds quitting/disbanding as well. The reason of this is AP grind.
    There is no AP grind.

You can hit 52 points in wep just doing your weekly clears leading up to ToS, such a grind /facepalm. Still have another 4-5 weeks before ToS hits and even the super casuals are probably rocking 48 points in wep.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    In Serenity, it was just in guild issues. Stop trying to pin it on Blizzard issues. Someone rage quit because his GUILDIES pissed him off, he didn't come back, he's going somewhere else, so the guild naturally disbanded and most of their raiders are going to CONTINUE to raid, in other guilds.

It wasn't burn out, or lack of rewards. Trying to say that TF is a reasonable reason for quitting is a joke, any top raiders that upset about it, need to suck it up.
    The reason Serenity was having so many problems to begin with was not so one-dimensional as you stated and did indeed have to do with roster problems, that had to do with many of the things the OP discussed. A top 3 guild didn't disband one day cause one guy raged, there was a lot building up to this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There is no AP grind.

You can hit 52 points in wep just doing your weekly clears leading up to ToS, such a grind /facepalm. Still have another 4-5 weeks before ToS hits and even the super casuals are probably rocking 48 points in wep.
    I think you missed the part where this post was about top 100 guilds, who indeed have to grind AP to insane levels. That or just give up on world firsts, which is what many are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Does ANYONE actually like the way top guilds play (14 hours of raid per day with short food breaks, months of prep with min/maxing of 7 different characters), including the people who play in them?
    LOL not me! I have a job already. WoW is my relaxation time, after I've finished work, taken care of my dog, done my schoolwork, and cleaned my apartment. Once all that's done, if I have any time left, I'll log on to WoW and play for a bit.

I'm a filthy casual, and not ashamed of it either.

In the other thread are some screenshots around which make me believe that the "switch to method" thing is not the trigger of the whole event but only a reaction of it.
    Of course the move itself is a reaction. Did you read Kuznam's post? Recruiting is hard, maintaining a brand is hard, everything is hard and it didn't work out for them.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because only a tiny fraction of minority are junkies addicted enough to run literaly everything for 1 % increase in power

for 99,9 % this system means that any content they do has potential of upgrades which means that content is not pointless like before legion - now in ToS you can go with friends on off-night to EN and still if you are lucky yout can get nice upgrade - and if not ? you will farm couple of milions of AP.

and about encouragement ... werent it mythic crybabies spaming this forums about how they do content for chalenge not for gear ? well here you can go and do content for "chalenge" like you always wanted. blizzard listened to you - guess they should have from very start whine : "weee weeee were entitled brats who wants to have shiny pixels that casuals scrubs dont have and nothing else to feel fake sense of acomplishing something with our miserable lives"

- - - Updated - - -

that low level got removed in mop when cannibalizing of guilds started on rate never seen before because nobody wanted to teach new raiders and logs have become absolute reign supreme of raiding community so guilds suddenly wanted to have only seasoned experienced , 90th percentiles raiders regardles whether it was world 2000 or world 20th guild. - you all have been living on borrowed time from back then it only speeds up with time.
    If you aren't that .1% then, you don't need the upgrade. Take world questers. If all you do is world quests and heroic dungeon spam, you don't need 905 gear for that. You don't even need 890 gear. And that fact that you can get 925 gear from it means that hardcore raiders WILL get 925 from it, and it will ruin balance.

Titan forge isn't about how we don't want casuals to have a high piece here or there, it's about the higher end of pve is competitive and the current system interferes greatly with it. If war/titanforging all stopped 5 ilvls below mythic and mythic were a static ilvl, would any non mythic players have something to complain about? Would it obviously make balancing encounters easier, and would it also take away some of the senseless grinding for gear?

I've heard this jealousy comment a bunch of times. Oh, don't be jealous. Well it goes both ways. Don't be so fucking greedy that you think you should get a tier piece from normal that's higher than mythic and you'll just not need that, especially if you'll never see it. Rewards should be earned, even in a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    I think you missed the part where this post was about top 100 guilds, who indeed have to grind AP to insane levels. That or just give up on world firsts, which is what many are doing.
    No, I think you missed the point where you would literally need 20+ points in wep past 52 to make any noticeable difference.

If you think bosses are going to balanced around 70 points in wep I got a bridge in detroit for sale...

You have spoken like someone who doesn't even have concordance yet and doesn't know how it works. Not even close to the previous paragon talent.

its still around 0.5% per point and yes, it is... you have no idea how important an increased health pool in world first raiding is.
    traits after your first concordance point (53 onwards) give a 0.01% hp increase

source: I have 2 points in concordance, 4.1 mil hp and I got 4100 hp increase from trait 53

but continue making excuses. the game is actually in a really good place now. the grind ends at 52 and anyone who plays actively can get a legendary every 2 weeks

Deleted
    Here's my 2 cents on the topic:

Top guilds have been disbanding and reforming since vanilla, the recent occurrences don't mean anything in particular.

Deleted
    15 man mythic pls

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    They are not fucking retarded like most people that cry about the AP grind. They know that when they are 52, they are good for tomb, the rest comes by itself without actively farming shit.
    Many of them have WoW/streaming as a job, so what else are they going to do?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HelloMotto View Post
    15 man mythic pls
    10 man or gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post

Not a single world first player is in the top 10, top 20, hell I don't even recall seeing one in the top 100 in AP acquired, on of the Exorsus officers has like 52 in his main, and 48 in the alts, they've realized that part of it is not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    but continue making excuses. the game is actually in a really good place now. the grind ends at 52 and anyone who plays actively can get a legendary every 2 weeks

Completely agree. It feels so good to go "oh I have concordance" and then just start putting shit in offspec weps. Then again what do I know I'm a filthy mythic raider turned casual so I couldn't possibly as the unwashed pleb I am understand the struggles of the top tier upper crust raiding hierarchy

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it boils down to a few things. The game is old people are just bored/tired of it and people are finally starting to realize there will never be a massive interest/draw to the World 1st race. There will never be no sponsors lined up to throw money at you, Blizzard will never offer any monetary reward and all your time/effort will be forgotten after you get a day or two e-fame on MMO-C/WoW forums/sites. You'll return back to RL jobs/family and back to the grind that is WoW for another round for nothing other than bragging rights.

Yes I'm aware some don't raid in those guilds for money/rewards. Some do it for the thrill and yadda yadda but when you start dumping tons of time into something and get nothing back for all the stress/drama/time even those types will start to sway in a direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawwrz View Post
    I think it boils down to a few things. The game is old people are just bored/tired of it and people are finally starting to realize there will never be a massive interest/draw to the World 1st race. There will never be no sponsors lined up to throw money at you, Blizzard will never offer any monetary reward and all your time/effort will be forgotten after you get a day or two e-fame on MMO-C/WoW forums/sites. You'll return back to RL jobs/family and back to the grind that is WoW for another round for nothing other than bragging rights.

Yes I'm aware some don't raid in those guilds for money/rewards. Some do it for the thrill and yadda yadda but when you start dumping tons of time into something and get nothing back for all the stress/drama/time even those types will start to sway in a direction.
    Exept there is big money involved for many of those players in top guilds. Streaming (subs/donations) and dont forget ppl that are buying boosts one or two weeks after raid is over, and paying insane amounts of money to get the title early.

There is a reason why they dont stream even after 10-20 guilds have killed the last boss if u know what i mean. They dont expect bllizard money. They have other sources.