Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thumbs down Blizzard cares only about the $. They simply s...t on gaming and fun...

In the recent years WOW has become such a " heavy " burden that it almost feel like a job....

Blizzard took the fun out of it with all this insane grinding in order to get " a better equipment " on your character.

I already have a job, that brings me money. You should ask your "incredible" marketing team, dear Blizzard, to see also the other side of what a GAME actually is, and it is not 99% make money / 1% play and have fun.....the balance has to be restored. However this is great because it will allow many smaller companies who actually are about making something have a chance in the market.

The quality of all Blizzard games dropped at least 50% in the past years.

It's just sad to see all their games and all strategies are developed only around getting the absolute best amount of MONEY with zero interest for the customers.

I consider it no longer different then the Money Sharks from banking industry, I can already see a fatf-k in their Board of Directors who goes on frenzy with an Excel file and yelling he wants more money and starts cutting from the quality....

/quit and /spit your entire board of directors and whoever makes these shit decisions...

Counter Argument:

• Blizzard recently took their entire monetisation strategy for HotS and collapsed it in favour of making the game more rewarding to play.
    • Blizzard shut down the only way Diablo 3 made money post-release because it was ruining the fun of the game for most people.
    • Blizzard enabled the ability to buy WoW subscriptions through gold to reward players than invested lots of time into making gold.
    • Blizzard created a mode in Hearthstone to allow people to play on an somewhat even playing field without purchasing any of the latest content or packs.

Even your complaint that WoW feels like a massive grindy punishment is actually a result of Blizzard catering for so many different players, that you feel obliged to engage in them all, and that is what actually ruins your enjoyment. Your mentality that your forcing on yourself is what's ruining WoW. Not Blizzard's design and certainly nothing to do with money.

Because here's the kicker --and it takes a small stretch in logic, so I hope I don't lose you-- if you make bad games, people stop paying you money.
    Last edited by thesmall001; 2017-05-20 at 02:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i will simply answer with one sentence:

you dont need to grind if you dont want to... the AP system is an system what should going over an entire expansion not for 3 months..

It's sad because you can't see the reality behind the " wishes " you have.

then again considering perception is subjective to all of us, we are all right...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's lie. Blizzard also cares about the €.

But seriously, you're not even trying with this bitch post.

Deleted
    OP had so much fun. No he has so much fun in his memories. I am jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by illidarling View Post

then again considering perception is subjective to all of us, we are all right...
    Hi pot, meet kettle.

It's sad because you can't just enjoy yourself and you feel the need to make it your job. The problem is your mentality. Nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the recent years WOW has become such a " heavy " burden that it almost feel like a job....
    Then it is YOUR duty to stop playing if it feels like a job more than entertainment.

Blizzard took the fun out of it with all this insane grinding in order to get " a better equipment " on your character.
    Discussable to an extent. Many people try to blame blizzard for removing 'fun' that they end up blaming the basics as well.

I already have a job, that brings me money. You should ask your "incredible" marketing team, dear Blizzard, to see also the other side of what a GAME actually is, and it is not 99% make money / 1% play and have fun.....the balance has to be restored. However this is great because it will allow many smaller companies who actually are about making something have a chance in the market.
    And smaller companies fail even harder..

Again, if you have come to see the game as a job, stop it?

The quality of all Blizzard games dropped at least 50% in the past years.
    Yeah, no, I have to disagree with you and then look at HotS, Overwatch and the development that WoW undergoes.

It's just sad to see all their games and all strategies are developed only around getting the absolute best amount of MONEY with zero interest for the customers.
    It is a company after all. You should make this speech to Wildstar, and oth-.. oh wait, they did the same.

I consider it no longer different then the Money Sharks from banking industry, I can already see a fatf-k in their Board of Directors who goes on frenzy with an Excel file and yelling he wants more money and starts cutting from the quality....

/quit and /spit your entire board of directors and whoever makes these shit decisions...
    See now, you have to first of all, not be rude in such a business, as well... Narrow it down.. what decisions are we talking about? There's millions.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Don't complain, don't rant, just quit the game and stop giving them all that money you say they only care about, simple as that.

i'm not even bitching. I was bitching when they banned my " Big Nick Diggers " arena team at level 70 in BC.

Apparently LOW ME is equivalent to BL...W ME for the political correctness. Great minds!!! And free ))))))))))))))

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Counter Argument:

• Blizzard recently took their entire monetisation strategy for HotS and collapsed it in favour of making the game more rewarding to play.
    • Blizzard shut down the only way Diablo 3 made money post-release because it was ruining the fun of the game for most people.
    • Blizzard enabled the ability to buy WoW subscriptions through gold to reward players than invested lots of time into making gold.
    • Blizzard created a mode in Hearthstone to allow people to play on an somewhat even playing field without purchasing any of the latest content or packs.

Even your complaint that WoW feels like a massive grindy punishment is actually a result of Blizzard catering for so many different players, that you feel obliged to engage in them all, and that is what actually ruins your enjoyment. Your mentality that your forcing on yourself is what's ruining WoW. Not Blizzard's design and certainly nothing to do with money.

Because here's the kicker --and it takes a small stretch in logic, so I hope I don't lose you-- if you make bad games, people stop paying you money.
    Pretty much with this guy said! Nothing more to it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a theory..

.. Is this a disguised, 'I quit' post?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Counter Argument:

Amen, mate...

- - - Updated - - -

i'm not even bitching. I was bitching when they banned my " Big Nick Diggers " arena team at level 70 in BC.

Apparently LOW ME is equivalent to BL...W ME for the political correctness. Great minds!!! And free ))))))))))))))
    Weeeeell, you deserved the ban on that.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still have a large amount of Fun in WoW with Legion.

Maybe it's time for you to realise you may have just outgrown WoW and accept the fact it is you and Not Blizzard that is the cause of this.

Though this does just sound like the classic case of an addict.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh, you are one of those people. Well the best part about your thread is now the fact I know that we have lost nothing of value to the community.

Sounds like you're burning out on raiding or whatever you're doing to get gear. Maybe you need to reevaluate how you play the game? I suggest that because I hit that point too. Ultimately I took a far more casual approach to the game and I'm far happier for it. I'm not frustrated with the game anymore, I'm still enjoying it, and I can do a lot of other things in my day to day. Whether that be playing other games, engaging in other hobbies, spending time with family, doing trips, so on and so forth.

The big thing is that the grind in WoW has gotten substantially less and less over the years. The only real grind in the game is the AP but that only matters if you're pushing high end content.

Weeeeell, you deserved the ban on that.
    how so? Why did I deserve a ban? For imagination?

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh, you are one of those people. Well the best part about your thread is now the fact I know that we have lost nothing of value to the community.
    Just by saying that you say pretty much everything about yourself , with this line " you're one of those .... " sure.. you know me so well!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Just by saying that you say pretty much everything about yourself , with this line " you're one of those .... " sure.. you know me so well!
    I don't have to know you, to know your type.

Anyhow, Adios. Let the door hit you on the way out.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

For violating their names policies, swapping one letter for another clearly shows the intent. But what do i know? Clearly someone with the amazing name as "illidarling" is an expert on all subjects when it comes to game development and marketing, why don't you tell us what Blizzard should be doing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, for having a bad imagination with making a team name that is meant to be offensive by scrambling the name - "Big Nick Diggers"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    For violating their names policies, swapping one letter for another clearly shows the intent. But what do i know? Clearly someone with the amazing name as "illidarling" is an expert on all subjects when it comes to game development and marketing, why don't you tell us what Blizzard should be doing?
    He said it with more.. adult.. sounding phrases, so I'm just qouting.

You never played in Vanilla WoW I see.