Celtics already down 20. smh.

This is gonna be the most boring conference finals for both east and west. It really sucks as a basketball fan. It actually makes me miss the regular season.

10+ Year Old Account

Wow this Boston game is so bad. Do they not realize they are going back to Cleveland for games 3 and 4? This is another sweep in the making.

The broadcasters (Chris Webber, Reggie Miller) are on LeBron saying he should have been MVP. Then at 70-29 they were like lol you only see this shit in the D league and that Boston sucks.

72-31 at halftime. Cleveland is raping Boston. It's bad. Someone call the police.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suddenly I don't feel so bad about Boston getting better draft picks.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

TNT crew is playing go fish because they're so bored lol.

- - - Updated - - -

They said Boston front office is in the back setting up trades already LOL.

Deleted
    This has just been hilarious to watch, to be fair give credit to the cavs they are playing amazing defense atm ally that to the fact that boston can´t seem to find the basket, plus the celtics have really no one who can stop lebron doing what he does best, either getting everyone involved in the offense or using his left to finnish at the rim, they tried kelly who did a great job in game 7 against the wizzards, gets rekt, they try horford as if that is ever going to work, hell, boston´s best chance atm is to just go for lebrons knee xD
    Sweep incoming and GS is gonna have a hard time getting past these Cavs they are just playing to well for anyone to tackle at this point.

Apart from that Beastbrook for MVP! #WhyNot

Quote Originally Posted by raghnarogh View Post
    This has just been hilarious to watch, to be fair give credit to the cavs they are playing amazing defense atm ally that to the fact that boston can´t seem to find the basket, plus the celtics have really no one who can stop lebron doing what he does best, either getting everyone involved in the offense or using his left to finnish at the rim, they tried kelly who did a great job in game 7 against the wizzards, gets rekt, they try horford as if that is ever going to work, hell, boston´s best chance atm is to just go for lebrons knee xD
    Sweep incoming and GS is gonna have a hard time getting past these Cavs they are just playing to well for anyone to tackle at this point.

Apart from that Beastbrook for MVP! #WhyNot
    ? You made an account to post in the NBA thread, and it's not some spam just to get to 10 posts to post an advertising link? This is a new one.

-----

41 points is the biggest deficit of any NBA playoff game in history. Wow.

- - - Updated - - -

IT I think isn't playing because his ankle or something is a little hurt.

Deleted
    I know right xD
    But tbh ive been playing wow since late bc and mmo-champion was always a must check but i never had an account to post on the forums then i saw this thread and it was pretty good, as i also always loved to watch the nba since i was a kid so i though why not!

Quote Originally Posted by raghnarogh View Post
    to be fair give credit to the cavs they are playing amazing defense atm
    Reggie Miller said the same thing. That Cavs raped this game, but the highlight 3 pointers and dunks aren't what should make them be happy when they get home about this game, it's that they played excellent defense and should continue to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Stommped if you're out there somewhere still reading this thread, I want you to know that even if Chicago beat Boston, and somehow beat the Wizards (totally possible), they'd be getting destroyed right now by Cavaliers just like Boston is. So don't feel too badly.

- - - Updated - - -

Cleveland wins. 130-86 blowout game. They broke their record for most points in a game. Idk if it's for playoffs or for any game.

- - - Updated - - -

They interviewed Kyrie. 23 points (8/11 FGs).. I'm a little offended they asked him and not Lebron to do the interview, this nigga needs to step up more. Half of the games he isn't pulling the weight of being able to take enough of the burden off of God Lebron as a Big 3 player. He's inconsistent.

- - - Updated - - -

Chuck said everyone still watching the game was a total loser.

<-

15+ Year Old Account
    That was complete slaughter from start till the end... i mean cmon even the second squad could easily keep up with the Celtics and then to think that some Cav players missed some 3e's in the 4th like RJ and CF.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Wow. I'm starting to actually think the Cavs are going take the Championship. I was pretty convinced that GSW was bar none the favorite, but god damn, the Cavs looked fucking fantastic tonight. Cavs sweep the Celts, then win in 6.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to be up at 9 am euro times so couldn't watch the game, can't say I'm sad about that, yeesh. I expected this to be a difficult series, but did not expect the Celtics to just get demolished.

Celtics front office has to seriously consider now just what the best plan of attack is for the off season. Before this series you could make a point that the Celtics were getting close and that maybe with a piece or 2 they'd be able to contend. After seeing the past 2 games the more legitimate question becomes if maybe this over performing group has gotten as far as it is going to come and it's time to make changes with an eye to the future instead of trying to contend right now.

In my opinion adding Heyward to this group won't get them over the hump (if he's even willing to leave the Jazz, which is a major question mark) nor will Butler or Paul George. They simply have no short term solution to making life difficult enough for Lebron that the Cavs become beatable. Everything else flows from there.

I suspect the best way forward for the Celtics is investing in the future, getting Jaylen Brown and (hopefully) Markelle Fultz ready to be starters. They have some draft picks from last year that are seemingly ready to become players on the Celtics instead of playing in EU and elsewhere. Develop those guys, maybe make a smart trade for some up and coming player that they feel will be able to help make life difficult for Lebron defensively in the near future (but not quite there yet).

With the core they have and the quality young players they have and have coming in, they should still be able to make play off runs and get experience, maybe a surprise or 2 like this year's ECF appearance and 1 seed in the East. Have Celtics bide their time like that for the next 2 years or so, then make a serious run at Lebron when he's 34 and hopefully slipping. By that time Jaylen Brown will be going into his 4th year, Fultz (hopefully) into his 3rd, Isiah Thomas will still be only 30. They'd just need some decent big men to come in to replace Horford and who we have rotating through there now.

Had this series been close there would have been a legit reason to look into strengthening this core and making plays to contend for the title right now, but as it is, I don't really see the point. The difference between these teams is more than just 1 or 2 more players. I mean, even if the unthinkable happened and Lebron got injured, you'd still have to contend with the GSW in the Final and they'd be just as big of a problem if not more than this Cavs team. Seems silly to go all in with this core when the teams to overcome are that much better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah! Let's have the same five teams be good every year, so the regular season and first two rounds of the playoffs are completely useless!

People wonder why I only show up here during the playoffs? That's why. Oh hey, the number 2 seed in the East has the first overall pick, so yeah, good luck getting that diversity next year.
    That's how you see good GM.
    You have the same five teams for a few years and then a few one sinks and others reach the top.
    The Spurs are an exception and probably the best franchise in US pro sport. The Lakers won five in a decade now they are in the lottery. The Warriors won a single playoffs series in a decade before drafting Curry, Thomson and Green.

when you put the number one against the 8th seed in the first round you know what's likely to happen anyway.... you don't see upsets that often in the playoffs. that's how the warriors won a playoff serie in a decade and it's rare enough to be celebrated a decade later!

Celtics are the number one seed in the east, that's why they played the first two games at home.
    And it's all on the Nets. they traded that pick to get Pierce, Garnett and stuff. Good decision makers don't hand their best players for nothing. also no body knew this pick will turn out number one by the time the trade happened. It was a big bet by Billy King in order to win fast with aging and expensive players and the result is terrible. Dany Ainge is one of those few great decision maker.

the Lakers won the title in 82. they drafted James Worthy with the number one pick a few weeks later on their way for the showtime era.... What if Boston traded that pick to Indiana in a deal for Paul George? It's still the number one pick for a playoff team. Just need to stop trading future unprotected first round picks if the nba don't want that to happen. there is some terrible management in the NBA. the knicks and the kings are not terrible teams because of bad luck for exemple. Owners who don't have a clue about the game taking basketball decision....

... anyway I like it better than something like the NFL where one team can be at the bottom end one year, super bowl the next year, and at the bottom end again the year after.

10+ Year Old Account
    probably a grudge match for them after what happened with kevin love

made sure to beat their asses so bad it was demoralizing lmao

Maybe Cleveland was playing possum the last 2 months of the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Maybe Cleveland was playing possum the last 2 months of the season.
    I kinda get the feeling they where playing possum.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

I think it is less about playing possum and more of they knew they could put in relatively little effort and get a top seed. Why bother try harding and risking injury and what have you if they can do what they want and get the second seed and coast to the finals regardless. There would be no need for them to play possum, they aren't doing anything crazy or new. Boston knew what they could do roughly. They just have no answer it.

"I’ve been to six straight finals. I’m the last person to ask about a regular season game." was said by LeBron earlier this year, and the team definitely follows his lead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Brad Stevens "One of the things i leave with tonight is that at the start of the 4th quarter that had some players that been in the league for a looooong time playing their butts off" i also noticed this and found it to be funny that even against Clevelands "2" squad the Celtics had a tough time.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2017-05-20 at 06:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kawhi out for game 3. Very unfortunate for the Spurs.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes