Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    He didn't bow to the Saudi King.

Do US presidents bow to the Queen of England? Anybody know?

Queen is a nice lady, of course you do.

"<Obama bowed to the king. Don't bow! Obama bowed to the king. Don't bow!>"

Trump Curtsies to the Saudi King

Video of the ceremony shows Trump, who once admonished former President Obama for bowing to a Saudi royal, appearing to curtsy after the medallion is placed around his neck.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    He didn't bow to the Saudi King.

Do US presidents bow to the Queen of England? Anybody know?
    There's no protocol. If an American president gives a head tilt, it is because of their own individual sign of respect to anyone.

The "showing of national affinity" largely comes in who leaders call first upon election or re-election. The first leaders the American President almost always talks to is the Prime Minister of Canada, President of Mexico and Prime Minister of the UK. The first foreign visit is often (though not always) to Canada or the UK. The first person a new Prime Minister in the UK talks to outside of the UK historically was the American President, but the EU has changed that somewhat. For France and Germany, their President/Chancellor call each other first respectively.

These are more symbolic than a little head tilt or bow. Not that the bow means anything. The American president is the most powerful office in the world, regardless of bow, and until Trump's election, was leader of the free world (current custodian: Chancellor Angela Merkel).

7+ Year Old Account
    Ridiculous comparison.

This

vs this.

"Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Ridiculous comparison.

This

vs this.

Oh noes two crap Presidents tilting their head? Whatever shall we do. Sharia is coming to America people! ISIS is gonna rape our daughters and make them wear burkas!

I'm sorry which one of these Presidents crashed his Presidency into a fucking mountain within 120 days because even as comic book supervillians go, he's a poorly written, incredibly superficial one?

By the way, your sig's bad comedy now. The only revolution of Trump is the way in-which he's revolutionized political self immolation. In that regard, he's a remarkable revolutionary. The best ever. Everybody's talking about. Bigly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh noes two crap Presidents tilting their head? Whatever shall we do. Sharia is coming to America people! ISIS is gonna rape our daughters and make them wear burkas!
    You could start by telling many of your countrymen that it's no big deal, or that their stance on Saudi Arabia is incredibly short-sighted and stupid.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    You could start by telling many of your countrymen that it's no big deal, or that their stance on Saudi Arabia is incredibly short-sighted and stupid.
    He needs to begin his post with 'THIS IS CNN'
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Just suck his dick already, Donald...

Curtsy is what gurls do!

Also, seriously, he went to Saudi and they put on Steak and ketchup for him? So worldly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Curtsy is what gurls do!

Also, seriously, he went to Saudi and they put on Steak and ketchup for him? So worldly.
    I bet he even got 2 scoops!

Please, for the love of god. Revoke his papers. Put him on the no-fly list. BUILD THAT WALL!

and never let him back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    You're missing a few years of history when making that statement, in particular the period between Bush and Trump. Kinda cute you even claim i need to learn how politics work after missing that, Than again you praise trump for the political 'revolution' so that rather speaks volumes about your political insight.

Fear mongering stories of how Russia or China should form some sort of block with SA are not compelling arguments, your continue to downplay SA negative influence on the war in Syria and how they share the same ideology as IS, their ideology that is being imported to the west. There role further in Syria and how their refusal to take on any refugees causing the stream into europe.

But i guess that's all just non issues and actions a "government" if you dare call it that was is present in SA as pro western actions. Anyway you have shown me you cannot produce an actual answer. Let's hope Romania doesn't become the next target of an extremist attack, sadly it probably won't it's the west that has to suffer for this kind of politics.
    So what is your solution exactly? The US exerts a lot of influence over SA but not enough to change their government. The fact is that the US abandoning an alliance with them because of their authoritarian policies or ideology ignores the reality of the situation. Iran is an anti-Western government that is allied with Russia and wants to destroy Israel, Pakistan is slowly becoming pro-Chinese, Iraq and Afghanistan are weak. The only other power in the region is SA and they would ally with another major world power if the US decided to abandon them.

Hand-waving that fact as "fear mongering" changes nothing and there is a reason why no foreign policy experts take a hard anti-Saudi stance seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    So what is your solution exactly? The US exerts a lot of influence over SA but not enough to change their government. The fact is that the US abandoning an alliance with them because of their authoritarian policies or ideology ignores the reality of the situation. Iran is an anti-Western government that is allied with Russia and wants to destroy Israel, Pakistan is slowly becoming pro-Chinese, Iraq and Afghanistan are weak. The only other power in the region is SA and they would ally with another major world power if the US decided to abandon them.

Hand-waving that fact as "fear mongering" changes nothing and there is a reason why no foreign policy experts take a hard anti-Saudi stance seriously.
    It is not my fault that you're only capable of thinking in extremes and no solution between either full unquestioned support what is happening now and completely breaking off any and all ties what you seem to think i'm suggesting.

Also i hope you realize you just contradicted yourself, you claim as the person i previously reply to they would ally with China or Russia but in the same post you point out they are both supporting another party in the area which they are all far from allies off each other, yet they would suddenly all team up under a new alliance.

Right.

Not really sure why there are two threads on this, but as I said in the other one...

The only thing interesting is that Priebus is coming home early. And by early I mean the day after arriving.

It is not my fault that you're only capable of thinking in extremes and no solution between either full unquestioned support what is happening now and completely breaking off any and all ties what you seem to think i'm suggesting.

Also i hope you realize you just contradicted yourself, you claim as the person i previously reply to they would ally with China or Russia but in the same post you point out they are both supporting another party in the area which they are all far from allies off each other, yet they would suddenly all team up under a new alliance.

Right.
    I specifically asked you what you were suggesting and then you criticize me for only thinking in extremes lol. If you think the US is giving full unquestioned support to SA, I suggest looking into the rift formed under the Obama administration between both countries. The Saudi intelligence chief last year said there was a distancing in relations over Syria and the Iran deal. The Saudi government even rejected a seat on the UN security council over those US policies.

Also if you look at polling of citizens of both countries, you will unsurprisingly find that they have a more negative than positive opinion of the other.

If you think that Russia and China couldn't strategically ally with Saudi Arabia because Iran hates SA, I would suggest looking at the fact that Saudi Arabia and Israel are both major US allies despite the fact that they don't have any diplomatic relations and have pretty obvious religious differences similar to Iran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I specifically asked you what you were suggesting and then you criticize me for only thinking in extremes lol. If you think the US is giving full unquestioned support to SA, I suggest looking into the rift formed under the Obama administration between both countries. The Saudi intelligence chief last year said there was a distancing in relations over Syria and the Iran deal. The Saudi government even rejected a seat on the UN security council over those US policies.

Also if you look at polling of citizens of both countries, you will unsurprisingly find that they have a more negative than positive opinion of the other.

If you think that Russia and China couldn't strategically ally with Saudi Arabia because Iran hates SA, I would suggest looking at the fact that Saudi Arabia and Israel are both major US allies despite the fact that they don't have any diplomatic relations and have pretty obvious religious differences similar to Iran.
    Rift under Obama something i pointed out, and now we get to the current president whos main goal is undo everything the previous one did regardless of the cost. I fail to see the relevance of what obama did on this current president actions and the current stance and deals with SA.

Israel and SA is a different ball game than SA and Iran, you keep bringing in random elements in this, because they might have some sort of relevance but they don't.

Rift under Obama something i pointed out, and now we get to the current president whos main goal is undo everything the previous one did regardless of the cost. I fail to see the relevance of what obama did on this current president actions and the current stance and deals with SA.

Israel and SA is a different ball game than SA and Iran, you keep bringing in random elements in this, because they might have some sort of relevance but they don't.
    I don't see why the current administration would be any different than the last if SA is unhappy with the US's policy towards Syria and Iran because they are effectively the same under both administrations. If that is what you were referring to before as progress, I don't see how pissing off a regional ally is a success even if they have bad policies.

Yeah it is a different ball game but making that comparison is more fair than saying Russian and Chinese influence could not increase in SA because they have relations with Iran. There are many cases of countries with no diplomatic relations that are both influenced by a larger one. I still don't understand what policy measures you are suggesting.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Latest: Trump to hold press conference on IS fight
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...6fd_story.html
    President Donald Trump is using the nation that is home to Islam’s holiest site as a backdrop to call for unity across the Muslim world in the fight against terrorism.

In Trump’s Sunday speech, which is the centerpiece of his two-day visit to Saudi Arabia, he will address 50 Muslim and Arab leaders and urge them to “drive out the terrorists from your places of worship.” That’s according to a draft of the speech obtained by The Associated Press.

Trump’s presidential campaign was frequently punctuated by bouts of anti-Islamic rhetoric. He is now poised to soften some of his language about the Muslim faith.

Though during the campaign Trump repeatedly stressed the need to say the words “radical Islamic terrorism,” that phrase is not included in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    "<Obama bowed to the king. Don't bow! Obama bowed to the king. Don't bow!>"

Trump Curtsies to the Saudi King
    He didn't bow though. Anyone knows that when someone is placing a necklace/medal or something you bend down in some manner to help them place it on you. Obama officially bowed while Trump just helped the guy put the medal on.

7+ Year Old Account
    live speech inc