Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question about survival hunters

So why dont they have any baseline +5% to parry or dodge like most melee classes?

Because they are a fake melee class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JaoStar View Post
    So why dont they have any baseline +5% to parry or dodge like most melee classes?
    Because they don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by JaoStar View Post
    The response people will want? "Don't need it"

The most likely cause? Blizzard forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Because they are a fake melee class.
    Still on the epic crusade to talk shit about SV whenever you get the chance? Been doing it since a couple weeks into the expac.

Great spec with amazing dps capabilities, it is here to stay so quit crying about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karzakk View Post
    Still on the epic crusade to talk shit about SV whenever you get the chance? Been doing it since a couple weeks into the expac.

Great spec with amazing dps capabilities, it is here to stay so quit crying about it.
    AHAHAHAHAAHAHA no. It is by far the most clunky melee spec ever and there are plenty of examples of classes that do what a survival hunter can do better, and to boot only a very tiny minority of players even like it.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-04-29 at 09:32 PM.

Maybe he is on a crusade because it needs to have shit talked about it. It was an unneeded, unwanted, unwarranted change that no one but a very small minority of players enjoys. Pretty sure it is going to go the way of the $2 bill, a novelty for a time, but soon realized to be a useless addition to the monetary system.

https://puu.sh/vImiw/acd9de433a.png

To stay at the bottom of the barrel, it seems. Must be fun to do wqs and daily heroics as, no doubt, but the numbers speak for themselves. FpicEal is part of the majority of hunters' opinions in regards to melee SV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ozusteapot View Post
    To stay at the bottom of the barrel, it seems. Must be fun to do wqs and daily heroics as, no doubt, but the numbers speak for themselves. FpicEal is part of the majority of hunters' opinions in regards to melee SV.
    Look mom! I can also post a pic of a specific encounter (well not really, since low post count)
    pop into
    imgur . com / EmvNjqP

Quote Originally Posted by anonimas12 View Post
    Look mom! I can also post a pic of a specific encounter (well not really, since low post count)
    pop into
    imgur . com / EmvNjqP
    Get better basic comprehension skills. His picture was highlighting the fact that Survival is the least-represented spec by parse count (hence why it was sorted by parse count and not score). The picture you linked in fact shows the same thing, except you sorted by DPS since you very foolishly assumed that was what he was talking about. Low DPS is easily fixed; numerical buffs are easy. Low popularity isn't; in Survival's case there is clearly something making the spec unappealing to its own class (hint: it's melee).

In fact, your picture is a very good example of the popularity issue with Survival right now. It leads Marksmanship by about 100k DPS yet Marksmanship has 15 times as many parses. People would rather take a 100k DPS nerf than play Survival. Brutal.

Get better basic comprehension skills. His picture was highlighting the fact that Survival is the least-represented spec by parse count (hence why it was sorted by parse count and not score). The picture you linked in fact shows the same thing, except you sorted by DPS since you very foolishly assumed that was what he was talking about. Low DPS is easily fixed; numerical buffs are easy. Low popularity isn't; in Survival's case there is clearly something making the spec unappealing to its own class (hint: it's melee).

In fact, your picture is a very good example of the popularity issue with Survival right now. It leads Marksmanship by about 100k DPS yet Marksmanship has 15 times as many parses. People would rather take a 100k DPS nerf than play Survival. Brutal.
    I'd rather play survival hunter than BM or MM,now you

Is pressing traps on cooldown a smooth rotation for you? Or keeping that 10sec talent buff up? Describe what's smooth about survival for you, please.

I recently started a new hunter (have one at 110 BM main speccs) and leveled it purely as survival and you know what, it is not a bad specc, just vastly different to the others.

Yes I could play it with my other hunter, and he does have the weapon, but starting from scratch you end up learning the playstyle better.

If you had asked me a few months ago, I would have said SV is crap, now, simply due to wanting a challenge, I will say it is rather fun to play and does have its uses.

They should give back our old survival hunter already :/

I feel like many people dont play survival only because they are mad at Blizz and for them does not matter how the spec play out. I asked my two friends that main hunters about survi and both of them said "Surv suck", when I asked how long they were playing surv they both said thay they did not even tried this spec because you know "Surv suck".

My main is havoc dh, on your picture its most popular class. I wanted to try something ranged and wanted to make BM hunter alt. Tried surv once and fall in love with the spec. If not the time I put on my main (concordance done, all legendaries except 1 etc) I would reroll immediately.

So yeah, the low parse count is not because surv suck but because majority hunters are used to play as ranged and cant accept melee spec.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Is pressing traps on cooldown a smooth rotation for you? Or keeping that 10sec talent buff up? Describe what's smooth about survival for you, please.
    I actually liked the new survival spec and was slowly building mine up through mythics, but making that 10 second buff pretty much mandatory after the patch turned me off. I'll agree that before it was pretty clunky, but I could manage. Now it's just not fun.

Is other melee getting targeted by Icy Ejection (star augar frost phase) or is survival hunters still wrongly flag as range and therefore being targeted by it? I am asking because i got targeted by it last week.

Quote Originally Posted by ohgasauraus View Post
    Is other melee getting targeted by Icy Ejection (star augar frost phase) or is survival hunters still wrongly flag as range and therefore being targeted by it? I am asking because i got targeted by it last week.
    Melee do get targeted by it.

Ty for the quick response, i didn't realize that, always thought that is a range mechanic, since range can continue to dps once they are out while melee get to twiddle their thumb for few sec doing nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I feel like many people dont play survival only because they are mad at Blizz and for them does not matter how the spec play out. I asked my two friends that main hunters about survi and both of them said "Surv suck", when I asked how long they were playing surv they both said thay they did not even tried this spec because you know "Surv suck".

My main is havoc dh, on your picture its most popular class. I wanted to try something ranged and wanted to make BM hunter alt. Tried surv once and fall in love with the spec. If not the time I put on my main (concordance done, all legendaries except 1 etc) I would reroll immediately.

So yeah, the low parse count is not because surv suck but because majority hunters are used to play as ranged and cant accept melee spec.
    ... well... yeah. That's pretty much exactly what I am saying. Many people don't like Survival because of the underhanded manner in which it was introduced and good performance/playstyle won't change that. All power to them. I'm one of those people. We liked the old Survival and we've been treated like negligible collateral damage by Blizzard. Thier melee favouritism in Legion clearly resulted in them prioritising a few melee-preferring players at the expense of a large amount of ranged players (Survival was a highly popular spec when it was ranged). If they are going to throw customers under the bus like that, they can take their new spec and shove it up their collective ass.