Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    The West, geographically speaking, encompasses all of Europe. It was used as a term from the standpoint of the Middle East, for which Europe lies in the West.

Politically, the West is different to the cultural West. For example, Poland wasn't the West until they came in the EU, but now they can be considered so. Culturally, they have always been the West.

Sort of like how North-European countries are the West in spite of being North.

Good attempt at saying something rational, but not good enough! Do keep trying though!
    Lol....who considers Poland west? Pretty sure the 50% of the UK saw the Polish as a eastern country that comes to the west to steal.

Mental gymnastics by right-wingers is kind of silly, the same arguments you use now are the ones that was used by the brexit folks against polish
    Last edited by ati87; 2017-05-21 at 10:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Lol....who considers Poland west? Pretty sure the entire 50% of the UK saw the Polish as a eastern country that comes to the west to steal.

Mental gymnastics by right-wingers is kind of silly, the same arguments you use now are the ones that was used by the brexit folks against polish
    Eastern Europe is Western in terms of culture, but Eastern in terms of geography from the point of the centre of Europe.

Very nice try! Keep trying though!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Poland is not a West European country, but it IS a western country. "Western" does not refer to Europe, but to the Western world. That includes all of Europe, the US, Canada, and I think even Australia (?)
    Yeah, because they are part of the EU.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Eastern Europe is Western in terms of culture, but Eastern in terms of geography from the point of the centre of Europe.

If the so called right-wing idea of western culture existed in Poland then we wouldn't be having this topic.

15+ Year Old Account

That is not a defining part for western world... not all of europe is part of the western world, all of the EU however is.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    That is not a defining part for western world... not all of europe is part of the western world, all of the EU however is.
    Actually, it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, it is.
    The western world spans across the globe with very different cultures within them...

Romania part of the western world, Serbia not part of the western world, are you telling me serbia has a vastly different culture than the other eastern european countries?

Deleted
    The western world spans across the globe with very different cultures within them...

Romania part of the western world, Serbia not part of the western world, are you telling me serbia has a vastly different culture than the other eastern european countries?
    Both are Western.

But nice try!

15+ Year Old Account
    Both are Western.

But nice try!

Fucking reality!

Deleted

Fucking reality!
    That's the political West, not the cultural.

But good attempt! Google is indeed an improvement. Very nice, so keep trying!

15+ Year Old Account
    That's the political West, not the cultural.

But good attempt! Google is indeed an improvement. Very nice, so keep trying!
    Ok, please show a map of your definition of western.

Deleted
    Ok, please show a map of your definition of western.
    All of Europe, nothing else.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    where to draw the border in its eastern parts ?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So by your definition the United States of America isn't Western. When you base your western on a Hellenic (let's use the correct term here) and Roman inheritance (as stated in other thread). When the US is the most Roman-phile nation in the world. Built by immigrants up and up with regular change in which immigrants. Becoming a global super power over time through slow work and by (often after initial resistance) including the new immigrants in the base structure and making them equal over time.
    Yeah, either you don't know the history you say you take it from. Or you are an idiot. Technically both could be true, but I'm being nice here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    So by your definition the United States of America isn't Western. When you base your western on a Hellenic (let's use the correct term here) and Roman inheritance (as stated in other thread). When the US is the most Roman-phile nation in the world. Built by immigrants up and up with regular change in which immigrants. Becoming a global super power over time through slow work and by (often after initial resistance) including the new immigrants in the base structure and making them equal over time.
    Yeah, either you don't know the history you say you take it from. Or you are an idiot. Technically both could be true, but I'm being nice here.
    It's a reflection of the West, but not part of our family.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so you speak your own highly personal language when you use terms and don't use them as is generally accepted by the world at large. Good, will keep that in mind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wester...ral_definition

From a cultural and sociological approach the Western world is defined as including all cultures that are directly derived from and influenced by European cultures, i.e. Europe (at least the European Union member states, EFTA countries, European microstates);[19][20] in the Americas (e.g. Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Mexico, United States of America, Uruguay, Venezuela), and in Oceania (Australia and New Zealand). Together these countries constitute Western society.[8][32][33]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Ok, so you speak your own highly personal language when you use terms and don't use them as is generally accepted by the world at large. Good, will keep that in mind.
    I know what the world means by West, but I am also providing free education here.

Calm down!

Cut their funding or the free movement of their citizens.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    Cut their funding or the free movement of their citizens.
    second part of your suggestion wont happen.