Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Don't really get the point in the article. China-bashing? Trying to get me to sympathise with CIA agents lol?

Weird.

Probably China-Bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Feardotdead View Post
    Don't really get the point in the article. China-bashing? Trying to get me to sympathise with CIA agents lol?

Weird.

Probably China-Bashing.
    Yeah this. If you spy on another country and get caught on it, it's not the other countries fault for stopping that spying. But in the minds of most americans everything that happens involving their country, even if they're being the shitheads and doing something illegal it's someone elses fault

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    It isn't their fault if there is a mole in the CIA leaking information.
    Err, yes it is. That shows the CIA cant even keep its own house in order, let alone gather information without getting caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad China catching spies, that's really not nice please stop it!

In other news:

Damn someone must stop these guys, that's just too crazy there!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

In other news:
    ---image snip---

What? I thought only our submarines were capable of using that technologies! And their agents aren't ticking the "Are you a foreign spy" box on our immigration notes!

The difference between the agencies - CIA, NSA, and all the others are widely known throughout the world, and now have been thrown (not entirely their fault) under the spotlight. The Chinese secret services have no official name. Even in China. Nobody except the people who work there know who is a part of them. It's damn competent and damn scary.
    Last edited by mmoc092a40bd7b; 2017-05-21 at 03:55 PM. Reason: snipping image

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

In other news:

well of course, bad precedence to set. allowing a country to take over a sea that is not theirs to take over. but i suppose you still dont understand what is going on there. also the article mentions russia placing mines in the water (different region). i suppose you ok with that too? mines are cool right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Genadius View Post
    It's damn competent and damn scary.
    meh im sure the USA has dark assets as well.

Deleted
    They sure sent a clear message by executing that one guy in public. Damn.

Hmm... was the current administration in control in c2010?

CIA is basically a terrorist organization. Hard to feel bad on their failures

The article implies the CIA has largely rebuilt it's effort since 2012, so that's good news.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    CIA is basically a terrorist organization. Hard to feel bad on their failures
    Yeah. FBI I can get behind. They're a federal police organization. That's fine. CIA, NSA and the like, though, nope. Criminals, the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah. FBI I can get behind. They're a federal police organization. That's fine. CIA, NSA and the like, though, nope. Criminals, the lot of them.
    They're America's primary civilian-run human intelligence and paramilitary agency. They aren't on your side. You're not supposed to like them.

But it's worth noting that they're a hard act to beat. US intelligence has managed to penetrate levels of Chinese, Russian and European government that has never been close to being reciprocated here (well... you know... until Trump/Flynn and so forth... ).