Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Doesn't mean they won't just because people's le think it is a bad idea or doesn't work in the game. If Blizzard thinks it will that is all that matters. They seem to be on a Diablo kick and brining stuff that they have recently put in D3 to WoW and the like. But again I don't think it will be next xpac this one would be new race if anything and then the one after that a new class again.

As much as I've always wanted it, I thought it would never happen. That is until Blizzard butchered us for the sake of Demon Hunters. Now I fully believe there will be a Necromancer at some point and we'll be butchered to make way for them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheapnecrolyte View Post
    There are already necromancers and they are called warlocks. And no, I'm not interested in (role)playing as some cheap, joke knock-off of a conjurer who has overlapping abilities with blood mages, death knights, demon hunters, and shadow priests. I'm not interested in (role)playing as some cheap master of chaos who can't even afflict the living with fel contagions/diseases (affliction), create or conjure abominations such as death knights, and overall seek to destroy a living world with titan/world-burning fel energies whilst feigning allegiance to an army of chaos that seeks to scour the living (be it the Burning Legion or the Scourge it created)

You see, some of you weirdos yap about warlocks being about fel magic, but one of the first definitions of fel magic was given when Chris Metzen described it as essentially death energy. He may have retconned fel magic being death magic with the Chronicle, but my oh my...it still seems to me as if warlocks are just cheap necromancers who have overlapping abilities with death knights but can't raise the dead with death coil. Affliction is a sad excuse for a specialization because despite having "the secrets of the necrolyte", affliction warlocks can't even raise the dead - a result of Blizzard's employees treating the warlocks of WC1 as acolytes of the underworld who can use the stench of the dead to drain life but can't even use the blighted life energies of the dead or the necromantic powers of the underworld to raise the dead as undead

#onstrike
    No Warlocks are not Necromancers. DK's are the ones that are already Necromancers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyram View Post
    Why are people saying "they would need to modify too many things to make it work" - mechanics have always overlapped throughout classes.
    Lorewise? Someone afflicting the souls of their enemies (affliction warlock) is a very different thing from an undead-rising caster.
    And if a Necromancer was to be a ranged class, then the whole "it would clash with unholy DKs" thing would be also mean nothing.
    I think it could be likely, but I wouldn't count on them being introduced next xpac. Maybe this whole Necromancer thing is a bit of foreshadowing for later.
    I still think Spellbreakers would be a more likely addition to the game - mid-range mail wearing spellcasters with a dps and a tank spec.
    The last thing this game needs is more tanks/melee.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Why do you think Tinker class would work for World of Warcraft? Necromancers existed in Warcraft 3 but they were part of Scourge. I'd rather like to see someone come up with class from Warcraft instead of injecting classes from other Blizzard games inside World of Warcraft. Heroes of the Storm is the place where all universes are injecting each other.
    Well, Tinkers exist in Warcraft as well, and one just had a pretty notable showing in the Legion opening cinematic.

Wonder how badly warlock class fantasy would get neutered yet again with the addition of a class like this.
    Horseshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci Fi Samurai View Post
    Wonder how badly warlock class fantasy would get neutered yet again with the addition of a class like this.
    If they ever add this class it's gonna be bad, again. They're gonna take everything soul related from us, it's gonna be especially bad for Affliction. On top of that maybe they'll take away most of Demo's pet summoning because hey apparently Necromancers are the master summoners and always have been! *cough cough*

Let's hope it never happens and instead they show some love again for us Warlocks, give us Tinkers instead.

Deleted
    You mean in the Azshara expansion? Eeeehehehehe. No.
    Later? Maybe. But not next expansion.

There are already necromancers and they are called warlocks. And no, I'm not interested in (role)playing as some cheap, joke knock-off of a conjurer who has overlapping abilities with blood mages, death knights, demon hunters, and shadow priests. I'm not interested in (role)playing as some cheap master of chaos who can't even afflict the living with fel contagions/diseases (affliction), create or conjure abominations such as death knights, and overall seek to destroy a living world with titan/world-burning fel energies whilst feigning allegiance to an army of chaos that seeks to scour the living (be it the Burning Legion or the Scourge it created)

You see, some of you weirdos yap about warlocks being about fel magic, but one of the first definitions of fel magic was given when Chris Metzen described it as essentially death energy. He may have retconned fel magic being death magic with the Chronicle, but my oh my...it still seems to me as if warlocks are just cheap necromancers who have overlapping abilities with death knights but can't raise the dead with death coil. Affliction is a sad excuse for a specialization because despite having "the secrets of the necrolyte", affliction warlocks can't even raise the dead - a result of Blizzard's employees treating the warlocks of WC1 as acolytes of the underworld who can use the stench of the dead to drain life but can't even use the blighted life energies of the dead or the necromantic powers of the underworld to raise the dead as undead

#onstrike
    Actually...unholy is closer to necromancer than the warlock specs. Necromancy is the magic involving communication with the deceased.....warlocks talk to demons...death knights talk to the dead.

On Topic, I hope they don't have necromancer next expansion....they already have a spec in the game that resembles a necromancer...I would rather them make either a 4th DK spec that is plate ranged that uses intellect than create a whole new class...Or just give everyone but druids a fourth spec and have that fourth spec for DKs be necromancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    If they ever add this class it's gonna be bad, again. They're gonna take everything soul related from us, it's gonna be especially bad for Affliction. On top of that maybe they'll take away most of Demo's pet summoning because hey apparently Necromancers are the master summoners and always have been! *cough cough*

Let's hope it never happens and instead they show some love again for us Warlocks, give us Tinkers instead.
    I don't think a Necro class would necessarily neuter Warlocks in anyway. Necromancers in WoW lore are different than those in Diablo lore. The game already has multiple necromancers in the, namely Foresaken NPCs, one or 2 dungeon bosses are "Necromancers". They do raise skelletons to help them, but they are rather fragile.

I could see a pet based Necro spec playing more like current Beastmaster, but without a permanent pet. Then I could see a Bone/Poison based spec that would be a mix of AOE weak DoTs and casting bone spikes. Then I can see a Spirit/Soul based healing spec, they are the masters of death, which means they should be able to stave it off strengthening our souls so to speak.

With the exception of the healing specs, NPCs and Lore already exist in game for such Class. Scholomance has examples of both necromancers who raise weak skelletons to fight, as well as Darkmaster Gandling uses bone shields and bone based attacks. As does Rattlegore (I think, it's been a little while). For the healing spec, we could look at the Valkyr as inspiration.

A Necromancer class could exist, but the real question is does it really need to?

I can understand how people would believe they are copying Diablo.
    Both have been pretty interchangeable since well, the whole demons theme has been there present in both franchises - though people are basing it on current events which isn't quite right.

Warlocks have undergone a few changes of lore identity and such to actually give Demon Hunters their premise which does suck and personally, I would prefer even if they diminished the Metamorphosis business and for Demonology should still be able to morph. Heck even if it's like a buffing system you build up to that would be cool if you become akin with demons in that regard and even mix it up so you could become different demons with different buffs so it's I guess similar to Hunters but it's more selfish, you don't have a pet you become that pet to buff yourself and stuff.

There is classes like Tinker left from the original Warcraft series unless you start using the ones like 'Dark Ranger' or 'Blood Mage' to fill in the gaps and I don't think you could really generate a diverse lore for it. But I am personally doubting Necromancer just on the premise of keeping classes readily in obvious diversity though if we are going back to Northrend as lots of things are suggesting in-game then it would make sense to do so.

Personally as an original idea I would like to do a similar ideal where races taught each other and do a almost voodoo theme, so you could tie in a warlock but with a more healing aspect. Where with a larger HP pool you tap your own HP to heal others and generate your own HP but either attacking units or a boss and using totem masks. You could change the theme to fit a DPS or Tank nicely.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-05-21 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Actually...unholy is closer to necromancer than the warlock specs. Necromancy is the magic involving communication with the deceased.....warlocks talk to demons...death knights talk to the dead.
    Actually, you're conflating (or mixing up) living demonic creatures that have flesh with demons - unreal beings that are neither dead or living because they are unreal in the sense that they don't come from reality, coming from an astral dimension that transcends all realities.

Actually, you're conflating (or mixing up) living demonic creatures that have flesh with demons - unreal beings that are neither dead or living because they are unreal in the sense that they don't come from reality, coming from an astral dimension that transcends all realities.
    In WoW Lore there are only Demons which are living creatures from the Twisting Nether.

Unholy are the closest you will get in this game to a Necromancer warrior, but their abilities are grounded in the way necromancers exist in WoW Lore.
    Warlocks aren't anywhere near Necromancers in WoW lore though.

Warlocks summon their pet (demons) from the Twisting Nether. It's why all Warlocks have different named pets, each one is a specific entity that the Warlock in someways is bound to. Both affliction and destruction Warlocks are magic users who make use of Fel energies, which is the energy of the Twisting Nether.

Necromancers in WoW make use of Arcane magic, much like regular mages.

Absolutely.

Warlocks and demon hunters have a similar theme already - same with paladins and priests. Don't see why we shouldn't have the ranged equivalent to death knights. And since (playable) warlocks in-game don't use necromancy I'd say a necromancer class is definitely a possibility in the future.

Another alternative is giving warlocks glyps that turn their minions into undead, of course (but then, where's the fun in that?).

I don't think it will happen next expansion, though. Two new classes in a row kinda makes it lose its flavor; they should wait at least one expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Gul'dan created the first Deathknights in lore. He also has shown to be able to resurrect Demons forcefully rather then letting them be reborn in the Nether. The Lich king was created by Kil'jaeden which is very demonic. Warlocks and mages are both able to practice Necromancy, Hell even shadowpreists most likely are able to do the same thing from what we saw with the shadowmoon clan in Draenor.
    And the fel totem and the eredar in Legion use necromancy.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-05-22 at 07:41 PM.

I think a lot of people assume too much when it comes to what they come out with and when. Yes the past 6 xpacs have followed a new race then new class pattern, but that can change at any point. You could say that they're gonna have a harder time putting in new races in the future than they are new classes because there aren't many relevant races left that they can throw into the mix as playable characters. Another thing you could look at is the xpacs themselves and whether a new class could fit within that theme. TBC could've added DH but didn't for whatever reason, Cata could've added a shaman spin off of some sort but that's really it for relevant classes, WoD could've added in some type of warrior spin off but again the xpac theme doesn't really mesh well with any class I can think of. The point is that there's no specific reason why they have to alternate between race/class, it's just that they have been doing that, so I wouldn't assume that they can't or won't until they state otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah and demo changed its concept, but unholy cannot change enough, it would need to lose everything ansd still necromancers overlap with warlocks and death knights where demon hunters only with warlocks, and hell they only got 2 specs
    And? Aff warlocks and Spriests have overlapped forever and it hasn't been an issue. And why would Unholy DK have to lose everything? A summoning focused Necro spec would be to Unholy like BM is to Survival. Both exist and neither step on each other's toes whatsoever because amazingly, playing a ranged dps is completely different from playing a melee dps. Everything supposed "conflict" that you bring up already exists in game and there's no issue whatsoever. You have Warlock and DH, priest and paladin, BM and Survival using the same theme and fantasy for their power, you have Aff lock and Spriests having very similar playstyles, and there are really no problems with any of that. Besides all of that, people have role preferences. You can say all you want "Unholy has the master of the undead thing covered" but there are a lot of people who don't like melee and enjoy being a caster, so they would choose to go Necromancer over DK and visa versa if they prefer melee. There are people who would never switch from Spriest to Aff Lock because they either don't like the demon theme or like the shadow theme better despite Aff Lock often being a flat out better version of Spriest in many tiers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That's in line of people saying same about Demon Hunters - heard of Warlocks? Demo specially? Really this is no argument and you, as Warlock, should know it.

Death Knights and Necromancers are completely different archetypes in both lore and reality on the ground. Heck you already have similar case of Priests and Paladins, existence of one does not invalidate another and it's literally same case - one is spellcaster another is fighter, even if they draw from the same source of power and even have similarities in some ways.

That's why, for example - Affliction or Unholy DK are in no way blocking Necromancer, simply because they may be getting power from same sources Necromancer does thematically, but the application can be vastly different.

Heck Affliction as a whole not even on the radar - as if dots is some sort of unique affliction proposition and a word "soul" is banned forever from non-warlock vocabulary. They could give Necro similar spell called Rot with some wonky mechanic that differs from Agony and one would not bat an eyelash or make Necromancer literally animate enemies they kill to fight for them - OP when many things die and terrible in ST? You have precedent right here - Soul Flame, which works out so far and that would be unlike anything remotely possible for Unholy DK to do, which just brings his corpses with him.

Heck they could give it a bunch of Lich shadowfrost magic and differentiate it enough from Frost Mages to make it a thing of their own, like you see with Fire Mage and Destruction.

That's 2 specs already and as we seen from DH, 3 specs is not some holy commandment, they could do 2 specs - Necromancy and Sorcery and be done with it - where Necromancy is all about reanimation and soul manipulation - mastery of undeath on a level DK could not dream of with his novice tricks, while Sorcery would be about more direct Frost and Shadow damage.

In short, as I see if Blizz would want Necromancer in - they would do so no problem.
    Here's an idea, give Necromancer a cast filler rather than a channeled one in their dot spec and a channeled filler rather than a cast one in there zookeeper spec, boom a ton of the spec feels way different.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I think it's a valid idea for a distinct class but I don't think we'll see it next expansion. One reason really; It would have to fit thematically with the expansion. Blizzard have 13 years of precedent for only releasing classes with some thematic linkage to the story or location currently being focused on. I can't see a return to Northrend on the Horizon.
    They've been hinting to something going wrong with Bolvar in Legion so far. He seems more and more ruthless like the old Lich King, so it's definitely on the horizon, but probably not the next xpac sure.

- - - Updated - - -

yes DH needed to modifiy demo lcoks to add demon hunters
    but to add necromancers they would need to strip stuff from
    demo locks
    affliction locks
    and unholy dks
    and maybe even abit of blood dk

give me an example of another light using class that could be added. same thing, they allready would have to strip stuff from paladin and priest,
    1 spec is ok, but stripping from 2-3 is where the issue comes in
    First, what would they have to take from aff locks. There is no ability that thematically fits better for Necro that aff lock has.

Demo, they could do without having 2 swarm specs in the game, but if they had it where one class have multiple pets out at once that didn't have a duration (like a group of guardians) and the other being a swarm spec then that would work well. Hell, I kinda with now that instead of constantly summoning demons as a swarm spec in demo that we literally just have 4 or 5 of our demons out at all times. It seems kinda wasteful to me that no spec makes use of the succubus and felhunter gets barely any use nowadays. It makes much more sense to me that the master demonologist would be capable of utilizing all of their demons at once in some way, and there, that frees up a swarm spec for necro. Another thing that could be different about Necro is how they summon. I always fancied the idea of frankenstein'ing their minions together. First you summon basic ghouls, sacrifice them to summon aboms, and sacrifice them to summon flesh golems or plague hounds, so instead of trying to churn out more and more monsters, you're trying to build bigger badder monsters. That makes perfect sense to me since bigger undead are literally just more corpses stitched together. So either they change demo lock to something that I personally think would be better, don't know about you, or they can differentiate necro through major playstyle difference such as necro being a builder styled swarm spec to demo's current regular swarm spec.

Unholy DK could stay exactly how it is. There would be no problem with that as proven by DH and warlock sharing a theme. Unholy DK can easily have it's one undead minion and it's 2 or 3 minute army cd while a necro is spawning in an army every 30 seconds and everything would be fine because more than one thing in the lore can summon undead.

Blood dk has literally nothing that Necro needs because anything Necro would use would be a ranged spell cast. Bone shield doesn't make sense on a cloth caster class. Marrowrend and bonestorm are melee abilities. There's nothing there that Necro would need.

Lastly, there are already 2 light wielding classes, there's only 1 death or undead based class. I mean it would become really cramped if they tried adding another fel themed class as well because it would step on someones toes being either caster or melee because it can get very samey when two classes fufil the same role with the same theme, but again there is no death or undead ranged class. One thing I hope for in the future though is a holy themed dps spec for priest and a shadow themed dps spec for pally. There's definitely room for a holy themed caster spec in the game since there's literally no class that does that, the problem is that that's not enough for a whole class on its own, but seeing as the only other holy specs in the game are healers, there's not really any dps abilities or mechanics that would be necessary to create a holy themed caster.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I don't think a Necro class would necessarily neuter Warlocks in anyway.
    It most certainly will and what they did to us to make way for Demon Hunters is plenty of proof.

A Necromancer class could exist, but the real question is does it really need to?
    Yes? Demon Hunters, Death Knights, Monks, etc. don't need to exist either yet there they are. There's only four pure DPS casters and only three pure casters so another adding to those two would be nice for those of us who don't play anything else or at least prefer those types of classes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    I think a lot of people assume too much when it comes to what they come out with and when. Yes the past 6 xpacs have followed a new race then new class pattern, but that can change at any point. You could say that they're gonna have a harder time putting in new races in the future than they are new classes because there aren't many relevant races left that they can throw into the mix as playable characters. Another thing you could look at is the xpacs themselves and whether a new class could fit within that theme. TBC could've added DH but didn't for whatever reason, Cata could've added a shaman spin off of some sort but that's really it for relevant classes, WoD could've added in some type of warrior spin off but again the xpac theme doesn't really mesh well with any class I can think of. The point is that there's no specific reason why they have to alternate between race/class, it's just that they have been doing that, so I wouldn't assume that they can't or won't until they state otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

And? Aff warlocks and Spriests have overlapped forever and it hasn't been an issue. And why would Unholy DK have to lose everything? A summoning focused Necro spec would be to Unholy like BM is to Survival. Both exist and neither step on each other's toes whatsoever because amazingly, playing a ranged dps is completely different from playing a melee dps. Everything supposed "conflict" that you bring up already exists in game and there's no issue whatsoever. You have Warlock and DH, priest and paladin, BM and Survival using the same theme and fantasy for their power, you have Aff lock and Spriests having very similar playstyles, and there are really no problems with any of that. Besides all of that, people have role preferences. You can say all you want "Unholy has the master of the undead thing covered" but there are a lot of people who don't like melee and enjoy being a caster, so they would choose to go Necromancer over DK and visa versa if they prefer melee. There are people who would never switch from Spriest to Aff Lock because they either don't like the demon theme or like the shadow theme better despite Aff Lock often being a flat out better version of Spriest in many tiers.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's an idea, give Necromancer a cast filler rather than a channeled one in their dot spec and a channeled filler rather than a cast one in there zookeeper spec, boom a ton of the spec feels way different.

- - - Updated - - -

They've been hinting to something going wrong with Bolvar in Legion so far. He seems more and more ruthless like the old Lich King, so it's definitely on the horizon, but probably not the next xpac sure.

- - - Updated - - -

First, what would they have to take from aff locks. There is no ability that thematically fits better for Necro that aff lock has.

Demo, they could do without having 2 swarm specs in the game, but if they had it where one class have multiple pets out at once that didn't have a duration (like a group of guardians) and the other being a swarm spec then that would work well. Hell, I kinda with now that instead of constantly summoning demons as a swarm spec in demo that we literally just have 4 or 5 of our demons out at all times. It seems kinda wasteful to me that no spec makes use of the succubus and felhunter gets barely any use nowadays. It makes much more sense to me that the master demonologist would be capable of utilizing all of their demons at once in some way, and there, that frees up a swarm spec for necro. Another thing that could be different about Necro is how they summon. I always fancied the idea of frankenstein'ing their minions together. First you summon basic ghouls, sacrifice them to summon aboms, and sacrifice them to summon flesh golems or plague hounds, so instead of trying to churn out more and more monsters, you're trying to build bigger badder monsters. That makes perfect sense to me since bigger undead are literally just more corpses stitched together. So either they change demo lock to something that I personally think would be better, don't know about you, or they can differentiate necro through major playstyle difference such as necro being a builder styled swarm spec to demo's current regular swarm spec.

Unholy DK could stay exactly how it is. There would be no problem with that as proven by DH and warlock sharing a theme. Unholy DK can easily have it's one undead minion and it's 2 or 3 minute army cd while a necro is spawning in an army every 30 seconds and everything would be fine because more than one thing in the lore can summon undead.

Blood dk has literally nothing that Necro needs because anything Necro would use would be a ranged spell cast. Bone shield doesn't make sense on a cloth caster class. Marrowrend and bonestorm are melee abilities. There's nothing there that Necro would need.

Lastly, there are already 2 light wielding classes, there's only 1 death or undead based class. I mean it would become really cramped if they tried adding another fel themed class as well because it would step on someones toes being either caster or melee because it can get very samey when two classes fufil the same role with the same theme, but again there is no death or undead ranged class. One thing I hope for in the future though is a holy themed dps spec for priest and a shadow themed dps spec for pally. There's definitely room for a holy themed caster spec in the game since there's literally no class that does that, the problem is that that's not enough for a whole class on its own, but seeing as the only other holy specs in the game are healers, there's not really any dps abilities or mechanics that would be necessary to create a holy themed caster.

no, affliction has been about using curses and corruptions to destroy your enemy, shadow has been about using the power of shadow, the mind, and insanity of the old gods to destroy your enemy.
    2. unholy would have to lose everything because then we would have 2 specs that summon armies of undead and it would just be a mess, and both use desise and rot aswell as unholy magic
    3. BM and SU do not "have the same fantasy" Survival is about fighting using traps and your weapon, empowered by the spirits of animals to cut down your enemies, lay traps, and survive on your own, beast master is to use an army of pets and empower your own pet to rush down the enemy.
    4.where do warlock and DH overlap? can you show me where their playstyles overlap?
    5.shadow priest and affliction locks have no where near the same playstyle, thats an easy way to tell you have never played the two specs
    6. so you are saying blizz should add 2 of every fantasy, one ranged 1 melee, that way people can choose? ok see you in a few years when they have 28 classes
    7. you literally contradict yourself here, you said "same play style" then you said "but people wouldn't switch even though affliction is better in every way"

onto your next qoute of me

1. Agony, corruption, unstable affliction, drain soul, all spells necromancers use, as necromancers are where alot of the affliction warlock spells came from, necroamcners are all about cursing and afflicting your enemies, using and raising the undead, aswell as using and consuming soul magic, that ring a bell?
    2. yes they could do wth 2 swam specs, but the issue is how would they make necro work? How would it not just become "demo, but with undead"
    3. Felhunter gets used all the time by affliction locks who dont go sup or sac, this 100% proves you do not even know the specs also all the time in pvp
    4. the issue with having a bunch of pets out at ALL TIMES adds alot of clutter, and also makes for a class that would not very much from a good to bad player
    because if they make the pets weak just attacking it feels lame because they are still these pets, why are they so weak, if they make them super strong then people can just afk and let them attack, so they would have to make them a middle ground, and have skills buff them like with demo, and if they dont do it right, it will just be demo but with perma pets, or it will end up being a spec were the lowest and the highest are very close to eachother
    5. that "Build undead" Thing sounds extremely stupid, because either A. it will take no time at all and just be fucking pointless, or it will take forever, and necro will be usless on trash, and on boss fights that are short, and EXTREMELY overpowered on fights that are long, stop armchair devving, you are making what sounds like a horrible class, again where do DH and Warlock share a MAJOR theme? both unholy and necromancer would create, summon, send, and benefit from sending armies of undead at their enemies, well also afflicting them with desiese
    6. it is every 1 minute and a half, aswell as chance on auto attack, aswell as their army of the dead cooldown
    7. if they wanted to expand necro into blood magic and bone magic like some people have been reccomending, that steps all over everything blood is about, necro is literally just a cloth wearing dk warlock hybrid
    8. yes and those light classes allready step onto each others feet alot, and have been in the game since vanilla, and notice how they have not dare added another light class? there does NOT need to be "an undead ranged role" by that logic we need a theif ranged class, a old god melee class, an arcane, and fire melee class, a ranged chi user, a ranged blood caster, a melee demon class, a melee affliction and curse class, a ranged brawler, etc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    Amen to that! A lot of people don't understand this concept. I mean, there are only 6 major magic schools (Fel,Death,Void-Shadov,Light,Life,Arcane + 4 elements) and there are 12 classes and 35 spec. Excluding non magical specs, it's only natural that some fantasy simply MUST overlap which has been the case since f*king Vanilla, and people are well aware of this (Holy Paladin/Holy Priest- they even share the same role - healer). Yet somehow having Necromancer and DK which would share death theme is total blasphemy and completely unimaginable.
    because paladin and priest were added in vanilla, back when literally shit did not matter, if they were added now, it would most likely just be paladin, and shadow priest/disc priest would have been another class.

hell when dk was added it even took some stuff from warlock!

also adding necromancer would not just affect death knight, it would take from unholy and affliction, and some of the specs people have reccomended would take from blood, or frost and frost, or demonology or fire and destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    I don;tthink they will add a new class in th enext expac, not when Legion added one. Every time they expand the class rota they increase the balance difficulty, and it;s hard to come upwith something unqiue and fresh when you are already trying to do that between the existing classes.

We've had new classes in expacs 2, 4 & 6. By that, the next new class will be in the one after the one that follows up Legion. Probably another three or four years, given the amount of time it took between WOD and Legion.

no, affliction has been about using curses and corruptions to destroy your enemy, shadow has been about using the power of shadow, the mind, and insanity of the old gods to destroy your enemy.
    2. unholy would have to lose everything because then we would have 2 specs that summon armies of undead and it would just be a mess, and both use desise and rot aswell as unholy magic
    3. BM and SU do not "have the same fantasy" Survival is about fighting using traps and your weapon, empowered by the spirits of animals to cut down your enemies, lay traps, and survive on your own, beast master is to use an army of pets and empower your own pet to rush down the enemy.
    4.where do warlock and DH overlap? can you show me where their playstyles overlap?
    5.shadow priest and affliction locks have no where near the same playstyle, thats an easy way to tell you have never played the two specs
    6. so you are saying blizz should add 2 of every fantasy, one ranged 1 melee, that way people can choose? ok see you in a few years when they have 28 classes
    7. you literally contradict yourself here, you said "same play style" then you said "but people wouldn't switch even though affliction is better in every way"

onto your next qoute of me

1. Agony, corruption, unstable affliction, drain soul, all spells necromancers use, as necromancers are where alot of the affliction warlock spells came from, necroamcners are all about cursing and afflicting your enemies, using and raising the undead, aswell as using and consuming soul magic, that ring a bell?
    2. yes they could do wth 2 swam specs, but the issue is how would they make necro work? How would it not just become "demo, but with undead"
    3. Felhunter gets used all the time by affliction locks who dont go sup or sac, this 100% proves you do not even know the specs also all the time in pvp
    4. the issue with having a bunch of pets out at ALL TIMES adds alot of clutter, and also makes for a class that would not very much from a good to bad player
    because if they make the pets weak just attacking it feels lame because they are still these pets, why are they so weak, if they make them super strong then people can just afk and let them attack, so they would have to make them a middle ground, and have skills buff them like with demo, and if they dont do it right, it will just be demo but with perma pets, or it will end up being a spec were the lowest and the highest are very close to eachother
    5. that "Build undead" Thing sounds extremely stupid, because either A. it will take no time at all and just be fucking pointless, or it will take forever, and necro will be usless on trash, and on boss fights that are short, and EXTREMELY overpowered on fights that are long, stop armchair devving, you are making what sounds like a horrible class, again where do DH and Warlock share a MAJOR theme? both unholy and necromancer would create, summon, send, and benefit from sending armies of undead at their enemies, well also afflicting them with desiese
    6. it is every 1 minute and a half, aswell as chance on auto attack, aswell as their army of the dead cooldown
    7. if they wanted to expand necro into blood magic and bone magic like some people have been reccomending, that steps all over everything blood is about, necro is literally just a cloth wearing dk warlock hybrid
    8. yes and those light classes allready step onto each others feet alot, and have been in the game since vanilla, and notice how they have not dare added another light class? there does NOT need to be "an undead ranged role" by that logic we need a theif ranged class, a old god melee class, an arcane, and fire melee class, a ranged chi user, a ranged blood caster, a melee demon class, a melee affliction and curse class, a ranged brawler, etc

- - - Updated - - -

because paladin and priest were added in vanilla, back when literally shit did not matter, if they were added now, it would most likely just be paladin, and shadow priest/disc priest would have been another class.

hell when dk was added it even took some stuff from warlock!

also adding necromancer would not just affect death knight, it would take from unholy and affliction, and some of the specs people have reccomended would take from blood, or frost and frost, or demonology or fire and destruction
    1. Aff doesn't use curses anymore, and you prove in distinguishing between shadow and aff that even though both would use dots, they won't necessarily be the same

2. Why would unholy have to lose everything? This is like saying Holy paladin or Holy priest have to lose everything because you can't have two holy themed healers in the same game which is demonstrably false and stupid. 2 classes can have similar spells and themes without it being a detriment to either.

3.You forgot about flanking strike and all the pet usage involved in survival. Hell, they both basically have kill command. Survival would be to BM what Unholy would be to Necro. One is less focused on the pets and casting, preferring melee combat while the other is more focused on the pets and casting.

4. I said their theme overlaps, not their playstyle, so if you're gonna say that DH and lock don't have overlapping class themes then I don't know what to say to that.
    5. I do play both specs and they fill very similar playstyles and have for years. It's been a running thing between aff and spriest ever since BC.

6. They don't need to add 2 of every fantasy, I'm saying that there's room for it because you either need a fantasy differentiation or a major playstyle differentiation such as ranged vs melee in order for the class to feel like it's own thing.

7. Yes I said they have similar playstyles, yet they wouldn't switch because they enjoy the theme of their spec over the other. How is that a contradiction? I'm saying that not many Spriests would switch to Aff lock despite them being very similar playstyle wise due to preferring one theme over another. There's no contradiction in that.

on to the next 8

1. What named necromancers in WoW use those abilities? Also, they can use different newer abilities for Necromancers dots. Like you said, aff uses corruptions and magical maladies to attack their foes while spriests use insanity and the power of shadow to attack, but both are in the form of dots, so why not give Necro plagues and diseases? And before you say "but unholy has diseases and plagues" I will remind you that many many classes have dots of a similar type, yet there's no conflict because of the differences in how those dots behave. Fire mage, Destro warlock, and Ele shaman all have fire dots, OMG game broken. Aff lock and Spriest both have shadow based (they both do shadow damage), OMG game broken. Warriors and Rogues both have bleeds, OMG game broken. Oh wait, none of that causes any problems because more than one class can use a particular archetype of damage without breaking the fantasy of it.

2. Like I said, why not use a builder spec where with Necro would be about building up bigger and badder undead by sacrificing their lesser ones to summon greater ones as opposed to what Demo is now which is pretty much all about getting as many demons out as possible.

3. And what's the go to PvP spec for lock right now? It's not aff or destro, it's demo. And I'm sorry, but the pvp community is tiny and shrinking because first and foremost, WoW is a PvE game and PvP always plays second fiddle to PvE, so saying that the only time someone would use felhunter is in a very small section of what people play doesn't help your case. Also, I love how you ignore the main focus of that part of my statement which was about the succubus which you know doesn't get any use, not even in PvP.

4. You can have abilities that interact with the pets and combo proc where using the different coordinate attacks together. And don't even talk to me about clutter when demo locks are currently running around sustaining over a dozen pets at the same time in combat easily.

5. Hey bud, we're both armchair dev'ing here you idiot. ffs, self awareness much? And I'm not saying that they'd have to do it that way, what I'm saying is that they can implement similar mechanics in different ways in order to create unique feeling classes.

6. Oh I'm sorry, I though we were talking about future xpacs where our artifacts weapons won't be coming with us as per what the devs have said multiple times over. So what was that about every minute and a half or chance on auto attack which is directly tied to their artifact since just like tier sets, talents, and draenor traits, they don't to carry over to the next xpac. Think before you type, it makes you look like less of idiot.

7. And? When DK came out a lot of people saw it as a warlock in plate. I should know, I played a dk all through wrath and cata. And again, if they did give Necro a blood and bone style spec then they don't need to rip anything from blood dk just like how they don't need to rip anything from holy pally or holy priest to have them both exist. They can use abilities of similar aesthetics and themes in different ways and it's still different.

8. You do realize how many people have been wanting a spellsword, warmage, shadow paladin, dark knight, a throwing weapon spec, etc. right? They're typical fantasy classes that still aren't in the game yet and people want them. Also "melee demon class"? Me thinks you didn't put the most thought into this statement . . . cough cough DH cough cough.

Lastly, do you think that there's only a finite number of abilities that can exist in the game and that no new abilities can be made or something? I'm just curious because you're so obsessed with the thought of having to gut already existing classes that it's almost like it never occurred to you that they can make a new spell with a similar aesthetic that works in a different way and has a completely different name and it would still be a unique spell all it's own.

Deleted
    dk is a necromancer...