Poll: Nagas: Where do they belong?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Nagas? A neutral race?

Are the naga really an acceptable race for the Factions given their former night/high elf being. I think so... but a few things to think about first:
    What is the possibility of this? Will they have a mount, can they ride mounts? What classes will they have?
    But first of all. Do you reckon that these naga are a possible race option in the future?

7+ Year Old Account
    Naga would not work in WOW as a playable race. They don't have legs. And using some magic means to give them legs would come across as really cheesy. Blizzard also said they are not going to do a neutral race again, they didn't like the way Pandaren were handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Naga would not work in WOW as a playable race. They don't have legs. And using some magic means to give them legs would come across as really cheesy. Blizzard also said they are not going to do a neutral race again, they didn't like the way Pandaren were handled.
    Not to sound nitpicky (incoming nitpicky comment) but I think they said that Pandaren were only neutral because they didn't want either faction to lose out on playing Pandaren.

This.

Here's a "naga" w/ legs.

I don't want that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    This.

Here's a "naga" w/ legs.

I don't want that.
    Well sort of. Jinyu are murlocs mutated by the vale of eternal blossoms. But yeah they probably look much like naga would with legs.

Deleted
    Judging by the recent Demon Hunter story, Nagas could ally with both factions while still maintaining their temper and prowess.
    As long as the Alliance and the Horde accept the Illidari's aid, they automatically allow Nagas within their ranks.

Now if they could work as a playable race, that's a different story.
    They would be cool but I don't think I'd play them. The mount thing can be fixed - wrapping their tails around the horse or sitting on the mount's side like Jaina in HOTS, the gear thing can be fixed, they could even make them have legs. I mean, if they want to add them, they will find a way through these (sorry for that).
    But although I love my Naga allies as a DH and I enjoy their culture and aesthetics a lot, I wouldn't play them.
    I'd still very well like to explore their zones, learn more about their culture and generally play a Naga story, but not Naga as a race.

I'd rather play something already bipedal, like the Ethereal, and let Nagas retain their unique physique. This doesn't stop them from joining either faction's forces though, similar to how some Naga have joined the Illidari.
    Last edited by mmoc985e663195; 2017-05-22 at 04:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should never be added, but if they do, their evil nature, only makes sense to include them in the Alliance..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Neutral naga are likely to be a thing. There are clues hinting at naga contrary to Queen Azshara.

Also, the 'because no legs' argument has got already boring.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Deleted
    First of all, I do like your Tool, There at quit a few options and i like that.
    But I would be fine with a neutral option of races. But naga is a weird idea. as they dont have legs. Would be weird and boring if you could never use mounts. And giving them legs is just a big fat no go. They could ofc animate them sitting somehow else, but would require a LOT of afford to make sure they can sit on all months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    Are the naga really an acceptable race for the Factions given their former night/high elf being. I think so... but a few things to think about first:
    What is the possibility of this? Will they have a mount, can they ride mounts? What classes will they have?
    But first of all. Do you reckon that these naga are a possible race option in the future?
    I think neutral races are dumb. Makes the races feel like they have no real identity of their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    They could ofc animate them sitting somehow else, but would require a LOT of afford to make sure they can sit on all months.
    I really can't see the extra effort in making various different mounted animations for naga when all other races already have. It's just that they'd need to get slightly more creative to solve that problem xD

Deleted
    Naga would not work in WOW as a playable race. They don't have legs.
    And? Why would that be a problem?

Making a race neutral is a bad idea imo. Its was a bad idea with the panderian and it would be just as bad with naga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    Considering that the Naga would be more than happy to seen any of us dead, I don't think 'neutral' is the term for them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

To clarify, the real question is whether or not we want Jinyu as the playable race since they're the ones with legs... correct? I don't see Blizzard making armor sets that somehow adapt to legless fish-snake things.

Either way, I voted neither for this poll. Naga don't belong in any faction, because they hate all of us.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Us landwalkers need to have the Naga where they belong... under da sea!
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Blizzard also said they are not going to do a neutral race again, they didn't like the way Pandaren were handled.
    They said the same with Hero Classes in general and then POOF! Demon Hunters.

And why is everybody thinking the playable Naga can't have legs. We have seen transforming races and showing their alternate version several times. Draenei is the best example (before TBC we know only about these broken ones like Akama). There is no problem to discover hiding another Naga faction which weren't fully transformed and stayed with legs.

Topic: I vote for "both factions", because I see it's coming. Otherwise I would see them in Alliance due to Night Elf relatives (don't know about BE, but meabe too).
    Last edited by mmoc15d2f5c062; 2017-05-22 at 03:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Backero View Post
    There is no problem to discover hiding another Naga faction which weren't fully transformed and stayed with legs.
    One of the appealing aspects of naga is just that they got no legs.

Deleted
    If Naga want all of us dead so why they are allied with us through Illidan and dh?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    One of the appealing aspects of naga is just that they got no legs.
    Ok that's the point. But I still think they can be designed well with legs AND massive tail. Like many amphibians.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    If Naga want all of us dead so why they are allied with us through Illidan and dh?
    That is racist And DKs and Worgen wanted us dead as well.