Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    I can.. almost mine out a coherent argument in that pile of gibberish. this is at best a "I want my cake and to eat it too" level argument.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    I'm going to ignore the first part of your comment again, because I simply cannot see any counter arguments represented by you there,
    To be clear about what you ignore:- I asked for explanation of what you mean with "true experiment" (since it isn't what everyone else means - as indicated by previously cited sources) and support for your statement that "physics circle widely agree that there are none in modern physics" (whereas a quick search finds no support for that) - and you just ignore that.

You made the claims - you provide the evidence; that is how an argument works.

About the physics development since the 30s, I don't see any significant progress after the 30s beside hep ( which also is still mostly the same old same old stuff except a couple of theories.).
    the cosmology part, yea alright it's been developed after 50s ... ( eye roll here)
    I see you have adopted the idea of post-truth and "roll-eyes" as counter-arguments.

I don't understand why you make repeated ridiculous statements about nothing after the 1930s, and you have still not explained what your own ideas of no "true experiment" in high energy physics means - and you have not demonstrated anything supporting those statements.

Cosmology was just chosen as an example of something that is easily recognizable - clearly is part of physics and where we clearly have major scientific breakthroughs after the 1930s; without having to enter details in subfields.

Sure a study can be rejected, but it doesn't make the field not scientific. As far as the activity revolves around creating consistent logical structures and validating them via observations it is science.
    Your understanding about science is lacking.
    Science is about testing the theories - not merely validating them but more importantly rejecting them if that is what the evidence shows. Unless that rejection is done to a significant degree and some theories survive that testing it is not science.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2017-05-21 at 10:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Nah I caught that.
    That doesn't mean others did =P
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    https://www.cogentoa.com/article/10....17.1330439.pdf

http://www.skeptic.com/reading_room/...ender-studies/

So, someone made the effort to make a "paper" that is as much garbage as possible (yup, even MORE garbage than the usual gender study papers, which says A LOT) - and it got published
    This is why global warming skeptics exist. Junk science holds back the rest of the field when it's given press and scientific community support.

bitches can't resist dem buzzwords #drool.