Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They realized people would actually be able to cap it so they ended it a couple billion percent early. Lol at this whole expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Guess the dreams of starting alts with AK 45 and not having to actually farm AP all day to even get into raids is over...

grind
    grund

grundy

grind
    You're a fool if you think there's still a grind, and that it mattes if you're 10 traits behind.

Grinding that billions of AP will be fun now, LuL blizzard Lul

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    You're a fool if you think there's still a grind, and that it mattes if you're 10 traits behind.
    try getting an alt raid ready...and tell me there is not a grind and you are not 10 traits behind....

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Grinding that billions of AP will be fun now, LuL blizzard Lul
    Investment into Concordance gives you fuck all DPS per point. The grind could be considered over when your weapon hits 52 unless you're a super hardcore min-maxer but even then the minuscule reward stops being worth the investment pretty quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

try getting an alt raid ready...and tell me there is not a grind and you are not 10 traits behind....
    Once you have 40 traits, it will be a complete and utter joke to get to 52, even to 55. Then after it's just you'll get what ap you get and it'll build up.

Oh you mean like how my DH just hit 110 and has 39 traits from doing like 20 WQs? Man you guys are just full of excuses aren't ya?
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2017-05-22 at 11:35 PM.

I was wondering how Blizzard was going to handle this. I have 47 ranks purchased and just hit Artifact Knowledge level 35 today. I hardly play at all, yet I'm almost done with my artifact. ToS hasn't even came out yet, and 7.3 is easily 6 months away.

All this change inherently does is reduce the artifact level people will hit a "brick" wall. Where it will take months to years to gain 1 additional point (effectively making AP worthless). At artifact knowledge 50, this occurred around the 75 point mark. With the change AK cap being at 40, this will probably be around the 65 point mark.

Knowledge 40 now seems more than sufficient for players to reach Concordance, and the prospect of months’ worth of additional Knowledge still left to research makes some players feel like their efforts in the interim aren’t meaningful. Therefore, we’re rolling the cap back to 40.

THAT PROSPECT of clicking 1 button every 5 days to progress AK research.....

is insane, my poor fingers are saved!!!!

they are getting lazy in their lies
    Yeah I agree, I mean I can see where they're coming from but I don't agree with them.

Good change.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Deleted
    I just wanted my late alts to have 45 AK upon hitting 110. But yeah, 40 is more than enough to reach 52 before Tomb of Sargeras. Even in two weapons. Plus, it will stop me sitting on the chest until the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    There isn't an AP grind, it's just there as an extra source of progression. The most minor of a reward.
    Call it ''not a grind'' if you wish, it matters not to me. But if AP is rendered so insignificant that you literally need to be playing for years, even at AK50, to max your weapon which gives you infinitesimal bonuses, what's the point of it all? I'm not sure it even counts as a reward anymore if all. It's just this pointless system that's always in the background because Blizz has no idea what to do with it so they just made it insignificant.

Deleted
    @Jastall: If you still do your emissaries, M+, raids, PvP, you will receive AP. If you don't grind it like a madman by doing all WQs ever and all mythics and all raids, it means you will still be able to put points into your Concordance traits without it being a drop of tears in an ocean of salt.

Yes, for completionists, they might go "rawr" and "yarr" but ultimately, right now, 52 is really your last necessary trait.

I think it's high time they nerfed the neverending grinding everywherein this expansion and instead they nerf the ak. *great*

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Investment into Concordance gives you fuck all DPS per point. The grind could be considered over when your weapon hits 52 unless you're a super hardcore min-maxer but even then the minuscule reward stops being worth the investment pretty quickly.
    So why does it threaten Blizzard so much to increase the rate of grind? If it doesn't matter so much then they shouldn't gate it behind bigger carrots and longer sticks. One point extra into Concordance doesn't affect your DPS that much, but 5 extra points will net you 1,000 main stat. If you don't think that is an investment worth while then I would suggest raiding without a flask and seeing how much of an impact that would make.

If some people just gave up at 52 went up against someone with maxed there would be a big difference.

Other side is that people have already been grinding on their mains and alts are really annoying to have to manage with this grind. You have to increase your playing time to make sure you get all the WQ, LFR, M0 etc on all your alts to keep pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    So why does it threaten Blizzard so much to increase the rate of grind?
    Because there should be *some* player progression. If you level up an alt and send over AK 45 the second you hit 110, you are effectively skipping the artifact weapon progression entirely.

Well I had an alt hit 110 yesterday so at only AK 30 (what we can start at atm) its already artifact level 37.... and I didn't even do most my WQ all I did was emissary quests a few stray easy WQ's and looted some chests on the broken shore... imagine if I was at 40 heck or even 35....

At AK 36 we were seeing upwards of 80 million ap on the map some days, without counting double procs or follower equipment. rank 40 provides nearly 3x that amount PER DAY(thats enough to get from rank 1-43 in 1 day). Thats enough to get CoL in under 2 weeks doing ONLY WQ let alone the hundreds of millions you can get from your weekly M+ chest and super easy alt friendly normal and lfr raids.
    Last edited by Elbob; 2017-05-22 at 11:49 PM.

Hitting 52 was a mere 1% dps increase, meaning each level thereafter is merely a 0.1% increase, and going down in value the more geared we get. That's putting a lot of care into something that is largely irrelevant. There's probably a lot of other factors you can focus on than raising that Concordance value to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Because there should be *some* player progression. If you level up an alt and send over AK 45 the second you hit 110, you are effectively skipping the artifact weapon progression entirely.
    If it is for an ALT then I don't see what the big problem with that is. Most iterations of character development for WoW allowed for alts to have quicker progression and in WOTLK case to be raid ready after spending some marks.

After the 3rd or 4th ALT most people really don't care for the "artifact weapon progression feeling".