Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    @Sim: 5 points into Concordance reward you 1k main stat on a 20%-25% uptime, that is, a flat 200-250 increase in your primary stat. This really is nothing at all. Do you use Runes for everything? Is farming and farming endlessly M+ for 10+ billion AP (at low levels of Concordance) for a mere 250 stat increase really that appealing to you?

Going from AK 40 to 50 is just 50 days or a month and a half, give or take a few days. People who have kept up with their AK research will be around 37 right now.

I don't see why it's all of a sudden a problem now when it wasn't 4 months ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...tfixes-may-22/

Blizzard no. People are already complaining enough about the AP Grind for weapons. Very center of a lot of peoples dislike of the game right now.

This is like trying to put out the fire by pouring gasoline onto it.
    But then you wouldn't have new content to do every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Asewo View Post
    @Sim: 5 points into Concordance reward you 1k main stat on a 20%-25% uptime, that is, a flat 200-250 increase in your primary stat. This really is nothing at all. Do you use Runes for everything? Does farming and farming endlessly M+ for 10+ billion AP (at low levels of Concordance) that reward you 250 stat increase really is that appealing to you?
    Would I turn down a piece of gear that was a 250 stat increase? Would I DE a Heroic piece of gear when I am wearing a LFR version?

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    try getting an alt raid ready...and tell me there is not a grind and you are not 10 traits behind....
    AP is not a factor for getting alts ready to raid.

Getting to around 45 traits is enough to cover the most important damage traits for most classes - after that it's usually just small 0.2% overall dmg increase traits, followed by a handful of utility traits and then at the end concordance, which in itself is like having 1-2 extra enchants/gems on your gear. None of this makes or breaks your dmg.

Getting to 45 even with just 35 AK is piss easy and takes like 1 week of semi-serious work. With the current 30, let it be 2 weeks.
    In those 2 weeks you can easily gear your char up to 880+ via Relinquished and then to ~900 with m+ - with some normal/heroic Nighthold raiding and a lucky 4pc bonus you're now ready for mythic raiding. And within like 2 more weeks you'll have concordance, 905+ and no longer behind most peoples mains. This process might take even less time depending on your effort and/or friends/guilds help.

The only thing that's really going to set you back on alts are legs. Especially when your first 2 legs are shitty multi-spec items like Sephuz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Who gives a shit?

For 99.9999% of the playerbase the "grind" ends at 52 traits unless you're some delusional turbonerd who thinks doing 16 hour shifts of M+ is gonna get you anywhere.
    This, a million times over. Anything past 52 is a tiny insignificant throughput increase, and if you feel you "need" those, then have fun grinding mythic + for your 50 dps.

Deleted
    I'm actually happy about this just for the fact that I can now stop doing this research shit in about 2-3 weeks.

Would I turn down a piece of gear that was a 250 stat increase? Would I DE a Heroic piece of gear when I am wearing a LFR version?
    then you can go do mythic+ over and over and over you'll eventually get it titanforged, in the same time you'll probably get enough AP for 3-4 concordance traits, wow such worth!

Who gives a shit?

For 99.9999% of the playerbase the "grind" ends at 52 traits unless you're some delusional turbonerd who thinks doing 16 hour shifts of M+ is gonna get you anywhere.

Most of the people on these forums have the average intelligence of a snail or less so trying to make sense to them isn't really even worth trying.

Oh you mean like how my DH just hit 110 and has 39 traits from doing like 20 WQs? Man you guys are just full of excuses aren't ya?
    39 traits geeze that is going to get you in a mythic raid tonight!! grats!

Deleted
    It's funny to see people say that after 52 benefit is so low that it does not really matter, yet that we need it so that there is some sort of progression. Are you really saying that progression that does not matter and is there just for the sake of taking time with next to no benefit is good for the game?..

I personally think that actually reachable goals is much more satisfying gameplay.

also this only proves the point they never expected you to fucking max concordance at all.

only retarded naysayers trying to fuel a pointless fire and burn blizzard at it thought you should run 7000 mythic+ to try max it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I imagine you're constantly running mythic+/lfr/normal/heroic/mythic version of every raid, and all the world quests right?

I mean, what if some piece of gear titanforged to 925? It'd be a way bigger increase than farming 10 points in concordance right?
    Ergo, you have your priorities wrong to begin with.

You're welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

39 traits geeze that is going to get you in a mythic raid tonight!! grats!
    No one is getting into a mythic raid when they just hit 110 to begin with, whether they had 0 traits or 100.

Try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    It's funny to see people say that after 52 benefit is so low that it does not really matter, yet that we need it so that there is some sort of progression. Are you really saying that progression that does not matter and is there just for the sake of taking time with next to no benefit is good for the game?..

I personally think that actually reachable goals is much more satisfying gameplay.
    52 is basically all you need, after that it's like farming mythic+ if you're all 910-920 geared, going hey 925 might drop this time!

if you want to grind after you already have more than enough gear to do all the hardest content ingame, thats up to you! but there's almost no benefit at all, especially once a new tier releases and you'll get much stronger gear and with a lot less effort.

Deleted
    Well heroic and LFR probably are a bigger difference than 250 mainstat. And clearly the time investment isn't the same. But, hey, I'm not the one who's going to burn out by doing something like that, so go, you. Hit that wall.
    Last edited by mmoc537bb1b290; 2017-05-22 at 11:57 PM.

This...actually doesn't seem unreasonable. I'm nearly at Concordance on my "main" toon that I don't even log on to every day.

Quote Originally Posted by theyanger View Post
    Really annoying for those of us with alts. Back to requiring me to play it a LOT each week to keep it up. No thanks.
    As an altoholic: I have 12 toons at 110, and all but a few of them have the final gold trait on one of their artifacts. By the time they are alll AK 40, reaching concordance during this patch probably won't be unfeasible.

Deleted
    try getting an alt raid ready...and tell me there is not a grind and you are not 10 traits behind....
    "Try getting an alt raid ready"

I have. Not that hard. For example my hunter; under 2 days played. ZERO "Grind", ZERO "Farming".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post

No, they're saying that have -some- form of extra progression is good, which it is. With the system the way it is now, everyone will have their own point at which they don't think the gain is worth the work they'll have to put it. This is good, because then people can't whine about arbitrairly enforced caps, and they also can't whine about having to grind constantly for it because the gain per point is so small that all but the most no-lifers will stop caring 52 points in.

Deleted
    It's a stupid change, for a stupid design of a stupid grind. Sometimes I actually really think about pushing more points into offspecs, but most of the time I just use my AP tokens - be it due to forgetting to switch specs back and forth, or cause my inventory is stuffed with it and I don't have the time/nerves to do it. It also is often the case that those offspecs are "worthless", but there is also always the risk that our current mainspec gets worthless and all points spent for it are wasted.

They are obsessed with AP like they were with Ashran. It's such a good system, we are all just too stupid to realize it!

We shall never reach the point where they get worthless...! Meanwhile justice points, frost badges and else all did reach that point - if we didn't buy Saronite or else to waste the points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    "Try getting an alt raid ready"

I have. Not that hard. For example my hunter; under 2 days played. ZERO "Grind", ZERO "Farming".
    -pic snip-

Exactly. I laugh when people are like "omg alts you guise..." and then I link them my druid that was 110 for all of two weeks before he was 895, with a 920 weapon cause Broken Shore is a thing.