Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You only need 36 traits to do mythic guldan. I did that on my latest alt on all three specs in 48 hours with no carries through mythic+. I spent more time getting the third artifact slot open. How fucking useless are you? From now until the next raid, I'm pretty sure you can get three specs up to concordance.
    already have and one of the specs is at 53. so?

still don't understand why you want to make it harder to level an alt?
    simple question.

why is it bad to want to spend less time grinding AP then doing the things you enjoy like raiding?
    the horror!!!

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

not really, at AK 40 you can easily get co-ordinance in no time, have you seen how much 40 AK alone gives?

heres somethign that is super fun, get AK40, get one of those elite strike champion missions, then use it on a spec you have put NO artifact power in, and scream as you see they have enough Ap for 70-80 points (bare in mind it gets reset back when you switch your weapon to the new tree)
    Agreed, at 1.4m % it's like 42 million for 1 Elite strike token, at AK40 (4million%) it will still be like over 119 million for 1 single AP token that can proc double.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    You are right, i didnt express myself the way i should have.

What i am trying to say is...

Player A is flying by the Broken Shore... OH LOOK an AP WQ that gives a little bit of progression to my toon... SURE LETS DO IT. This at AK50 would last at least until ToS is over, which imo is good timing.

Now at AK40 Player A will basically get maybe 0.1% progress out of that WQ he saw in Broken Shore, and ToS most likely didnt even open yet... or maybe opened 2 or 3 weeks ago.

What I am trying to say is that AK50 makes AP importance last a little bit longer than AK40 and I believe Blizzard needs that since Artifacts progression is a core part of Legion.

Now... if they dont give a damn about AP progression after Concordance sure.. keep it at AK40 but what this means is that players wont even do EN, ToV or more than a couple Mythic+ per week besides some gear because AP was flavour to the m+ gear you could get.
    Think of it this way though, if you hate doing wqs, you won't feel like you have to do that ap wq. If you don't mind, or like them, you'll do it anyway. AP isn't meant to be a reason to do content, but instead a bonus for doing content you already want to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Even if you don't grind it, you hit a point where it just becomes utterly pointless to put in more AP.
    If you don't care about your OS, then at no point is it pointless to put more ap into your main spec, unless you're literally capped. Because you will still get a trait, even if it takes like 3 weeks, you'll eventually get another trait. Even if it takes 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Think of it this way though, if you hate doing wqs, you won't feel like you have to do that ap wq. If you don't mind, or like them, you'll do it anyway. AP isn't meant to be a reason to do content, but instead a bonus for doing content you already want to do.
    I think in MMOs you need rewards to make ppl do things (not my case, there are stuff in this game I do that give nothing, trust me. I kill bosses 101 times for the solo porpouse of seeing 101 kills on my statistics)

It is nice to fly by something and stop to do a WQ for a reward. NICE is the word, not needed, demanded or anything. Nice and a little bit rewarding.

Basically we are talking about how rewarding it is here and if you want ppl to feel rewarded all the way into ToS AK50 does the job. I believe there is a point between extremely insignificant (ak40) and not very significant (ak50 once you pass artifact 70 or something)

Also remember we will get ak40 before ToS opens man, the AP curve will feel like shit very soon.

Htting 52 with and alt is gonna be a lot easier than hitting the old 55 with and alt before 7.2 also hit 42 is just a couple of hours and probably dont need more for normal and first bosses of heroic, ilvl and not standing on fire always gonna be more importanta also probably with ak 40 you are gonna hit 52 before having enough ilvl for tos

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    ....i dont play alts and my sec spec is 52 allready main 56 idk why they hurt us the only one char players i want to finish it to 50 concordance but with only ak40 i can forget it 50 it was doabel...ty
    With 50 AK it wasn't doable before 7.3 lol, and it was sure as hell not worth it still.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    They realized people would actually be able to cap it so they ended it a couple billion percent early. Lol at this whole expansion.
    They underestimated how many of their players have no life at all and need to be saved from themselves.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    in a month you ran 10 mythic +'s. no grinding there

you completed LFR. Normal and heroic
    on top of at least what ~50 Wq

- - - Updated - - -
    Fixed a bit.

my god I hate when blizzard FORCES me to play their video games more its such a grind to play boohoo, I cant wait to go back to work in the morning

....i dont play alts and my sec spec is 52 allready main 56 idk why they hurt us the only one char players i want to finish it to 50 concordance but with only ak40 i can forget it 50 it was doabel...ty
    They're trying to fucking tell you that you're not supposed to max it but you literally can't control yourself. Relax, man.
    Beta Club Brosquad

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trait 52:
    Trait 101:

AK 40 or 50 wouldn't have made a dime difference.

Comparison highest AP on wow progress :

vs

Only 1/76000 on the way to maximum
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-23 at 01:50 AM.

let me preface this by saying I do not have more than 1 point in concordance and do not know if it increases stamina after that point (but the tooltip doesn't have the cap like it used to) but...

I like how everyone is complaining about/not caring about the fact it's a minor dps increase, but ignoring the fact that each point is 0.75% stamina, so someone with 1 point in it would have a bonus 38% stamina or so from their weapon, and someone with 50 points would have an extra 75.75% stamina. so while the dps difference isn't to big. that's a lot of extra HP that's missing.

Thanks Blizz! Now i'll have more motivation to grind AP 100!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I am so sick of farming this shit.
    Don't farm it then fucking idiot. Farming AP is equal to running Blackfathom Depths for DE materials to level your 30 lvl alt's enchanting with +2 striking enchants.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Trait 52:
    Trait 101:

AK 40 or 50 wouldn't have made a dime difference.
    are you sure? the difference between lvl 40 and 50 was 51,000,000% difference.

Blizzard would be so much better off if they'd just have let you max out your artifact. Some people can't control themselves when it comes to grinding for (what they think is) a benefit. If they really wanted to reward people who grind (and want to stay in that spec), maybe just split up the AP you gain and send it to the other artifacts.

Past like 62, anyone spending their time farming traits, over farming gear upgrades, is an idiot wasting their time. Gear upgrades will give you more dps to the time you spend farming, over power gained from traits.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elementstorm View Post
    are you sure? the difference between lvl 40 and 50 was 51,000,000% difference.
    Yeah, sure, you get it in 100 years now instead of 10 years of grinding :P

Both = never, without taking 7.3 in account.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-23 at 01:54 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what to make of this. Already planned to grind atleast to 70 traits, guess I'll tune that down to 60 instead.

What bothers me is that this is a classic blizzard pendulum swing. "People already grinded to 54?! Better make the next system impossible to complete." As a completionist, I don't like leaving things unfinished. Getting 54 was satisfying, you were done, now there's always even more, it just gets to a point where it's pointless.

I wonder how this will affect those engagement numbers they were all too happy to brag about. AP is literally the glue that holds this expansion together, once it's irrelevant, what are you left with? Raid logging?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Past like 62, anyone spending their time farming traits, over farming gear upgrades, is an idiot wasting their time. Gear upgrades will give you more dps to the time you spend farming, over power gained from traits.
    Yeah, pretty much 5 ilvl upgrade to ANY slot is better than 1(or even more) extra concordance trait.