Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I don't really think chastising Christianity had much to do with it becoming less violent, as opposed to political developments in Europe that saw the Catholic Church's power fracture and wane.

Not that I have a problem with criticizing actual problems with Islam.
    The loss of power came from the same criticism. They are obviously linked

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanU View Post
    We have to do better as humans. Islam is a religion of peace. They don't just start attacking random human beings for no reason.

It is our fault. We did this. We are the ones who started this and the extreme rise of ultra-right-wing people is putting even more oil into the fire.

This wouldn't have happened if people hadn't voted for nazi Trump.

And now we have a pile of bodies with 20 innocent concert-goers and 2 innocent muslims who were made like this by us.
    You seem to forget when it was the ultra left that use to do the bombings and still do in some parts of the world today. This would have happened irregardless of who's president. Terrorism is highly calculated designed with the purpose of spreading fear and changing government roles. Think about the 1998 bombing in Tanzania and Kenya under bill Clinton as well as 1993 & 95 bombings and that was under a left center USA government.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Riiiight, because killing a few dozen people out of hundreds of millions every few years is TERRORIZING AN ENTIRE COUNTRY. Okay.

As you pointed out yourself, a lot live in third world countries. Mmm I wonder if perhaps that has anything to do with their mental states or behavior? Couldn't be, right? Not like other christian third world countries have similar issues or anything. Not like the US doesn't also have a problem with mentally unstable people going on killing sprees or anything.
    When a terrorist bombs a public place he generally make a wider public afraid, less people will feel safe enough to just go to concerts,restaraunts and so on. WE ARE NOT IN A STATE OF WAR AND WE SHOULD NOT BE AFRAID OF LIVING IN OUR OWN COUNTRY.
    the terrorists make us afraid of our lives and lives of our beloved every day. And ofcourse, we havent had a single radical christian or buddist or chinese or indian or ANY OTHER NON MUSLIM as a terrorist.

#radical
    #islamic
    #terrorism

10+ Year Old Account
    Goddamn people, put down your pitchforks, do you even know why you're angry?

1/3? Do you have any idea how many muslims there are? If it was 1/3 we'd all be fucked and they'd take over the world by now.

But sure, keep spouting your racist rhetoric.
    The poll found that overall Muslim support for acts of violence against civilians in the name of Islam has dropped over the last decade, while concern about Islamic extremism has risen. About 67% are concerned about extremism in their faith and 27% are unconcerned.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2013/09/10/...remist-groups/

Deleted
    Hello,

What do I do when I am WRONGLY accused of trolling and reiciving an infraction for it?

How can I make it clear that I state my opinion and I am very much NOT trolling?

I don't want to make light of the situation, but I feel I have to point out that Billboard's headline for this incident leaves out some key details and phrases it in a way that gives a darkly humorous false impression as to the cause of the fatalities:
    "19 Dead, 50 Injured After Ariana Grande Concert at Manchester Arena."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...ead-50-injured

Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    Beside this being a teamwork effort from Islamic terrorists, IRA, Neo Nazis, Fascists and everything else under the sky.

Do we actually know who/why?
    Not yet. It's Islamic extremists is my guess.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Coming to any sort of conclusion right away on either side, like many people did, is idiotic. Again, blaming the entire fucking religion is just stupid and you're prejudiced as fuck for doing such a thing. All religion is stupid but the vast majority of any religion, 99%+, are not some extremists that will do such a thing. If this person wasn't religious, he'd likely have found some other excuse for his behavior.
    It is the religion's fault. That isn't to say that all muslims are terrorists that would be absurd but the doctrine of the religion is clearly at fault.

It's amazing how all these poor lone wolf/mentally ill souls find solace in the same religion isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The loss of power came from the rise of Protestantism and the leaders of various nations telling the Pope to sit down and shut up because it's their country and they'll do as they please.
    Really that just shifted the power from one Christian sect to others, Bush and Blair were both non-Catholic Christians (though Blair later converted to Catholicisim.)

Deleted
    wow my first day here and I get an infraction for saying something against nazis.

I hope this forum is not lead by some sort of right wing extremist who don't like my opinion and want to squash it

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    #radical
    #islamic
    #terrorism
    unironically invoking Trump when it comes to radical Islamism... /hold me back I might die laughing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamza View Post
    It is the religion's fault. That isn't to say that all muslims are terrorists that would be absurd but the doctrine of the religion is clearly at fault.

It's amazing how all these poor lone wolf/mentally ill souls find solace in the same religion isn't it?
    All religions are at fault for saying they're the one true way. Now, enough of this bullshit. Chances are it's an individual, primed and inspired by some hateful doctrin of blame and hatred. Whether that's IS or Neo Nazism. Doesn't matter, they're the same fucking thing, they share too much of the same shit to not be, they just pretend to be different because they claim some kind of supremacy over the other. Some kind of ridiculous dick waving contest of who can hate the other more, and express it best in bodycount.

Now, can we concentrate on facts? People are dead. People are missing. Kids. Because of this. Why the fuck do you want to keep fuelling this? Who benefits? Not me. So take your shit somewhere else.

And no one rational is afraid. You're far more likely to die in a car accident on the way to a single public event than dying in a terrorist act in the next year. If you're afraid then you're irrational. Seriously? We haven't had a single radical christian? Why don't you look up some mass shootings in the US and stop being a racist.
    I get a headache from all these leftist phrases and buzzwords.

The acts were chastised. The excuse used, the religion, was not. The bigger problem stems from socioeconomic factors in these countries, not just the religion. Is it part of it? Sure, just as much as Christianity or any other religion could be part of the problem in a third world nation that isn't Islamic.

Sitting there shouting, "ISLAM IS BAD!!!" is not helpful whatsoever. You're demonizing completely innocent people. You should be shouting about the behavior being bad, regardless of the religion.
    Right. I guess that's why you see Arab Christian terrorism all the time.

Don't get me wrong, you aren't far off. The state of the Middle East has exacerbated militant Islam wildly. However, there is also an intristic problem with the literal interpretation of Islam as well. Both are issues that need to be addressed

Hello,

What do I do when I am WRONGLY accused of trolling and reiciving an infraction for it?

How can I make it clear that I state my opinion and I am very much NOT trolling?
    You do realise that arguing an infraction can lead to another infraction?

And no one rational is afraid. You're far more likely to die in a car accident on the way to a single public event than dying in a terrorist act in the next year. If you're afraid then you're irrational. Seriously? We haven't had a single radical christian? Why don't you look up some mass shootings in the US and stop being a racist.

- - - Updated - - -

What the fuck does this have to do with what I said or responded to?

What kind of mental gymnastics are you doing to somehow think this equates to "1/3 of the religious followers are crazies"?
    30% is 1/3 if you are bad at math and everyone who is supporting radical islam is crazy for me or thats normal for you?

Deleted
    and please stop with the islam-bashing.

This has nothing to do with islam. Those was an attack carried out by extremists. They aswell could've been christians.

Now now, there is not much different when being intolerant of aspects found in Islamic culture then being intolerant of aspects found in the southern christen culture in the US. Intolerance of intolerance you know!
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

and please stop with the islam-bashing.

This has nothing to do with islam. Those was an attack carried out by extremists. They aswell could've been christians.
    as i said its obviously "christian" fundamentalists