Page 48 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Turns out an ISIS dude tweeted just a few hours before the concert warning of an attack. Not very good at english though.

An unverified Twitter account posted two messages and an image of an ISIS flag.

The messages appeared to predict the atrocity at the arena filled with 21,000 fans.

One message said: “Are you forget our threat?”

Followed by: “This is just the beginning.”

The tweets, which are not verified, are time-stamped at 6.24pm, four hours before the bomb went off.

TOTALLY NOT ISIS GUYS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    not true. please do not encourage others to ignore facts and deny the truth.

disgusting.
    Please provide facts, links appreciated, thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Turns out an ISIS dude tweeted just a few hours before the concert warning of an attack. Not very good at english though.

An unverified Twitter account posted two messages and an image of an ISIS flag.

The messages appeared to predict the atrocity at the arena filled with 21,000 fans.

One message said: “Are you forget our threat?”

Followed by: “This is just the beginning.”

The tweets, which are not verified, are time-stamped at 6.24pm, four hours before the bomb went off.

TOTALLY NOT ISIS GUYS!!!
    This can't be fake, right ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shigenari View Post
    I'm not suggesting at all that interventionism is the answer, I'm completely against that. As it happens, I'm far too busy actually living in the city where this attack happened among other things to read through the entire thread, but the point is that isolationism doesn't help either. Manchester, in case you didn't know, is incredibly multicultural - isolationism breeds distrust; it inherently suggests that another culture is so far removed from our own that we can have nothing whatsoever to do with it. As far as home-grown terrorism in the UK, whether or not that turns out to be the source of the attack, it is precisely this strand of us vs them thinking that prevents integration and breeds cultural tension. You simply can't have a society made up of people from different backgrounds and cultures unless there is some degree of mutual respect and understanding.

Yes, Middle Eastern cultures reject our cultural interventions, but much more important from a domestic point of view, we reject the cultures of Middle Eastern peoples living in the UK . Whether or not IS is religiously motivated, and I happen to agree that fundamentally it is a political organisation, the issue of domestic terrorism is primarily a cultural one; when the people in the country in which you were born outright reject your culture and ideals, that is a far stronger motivator for resorting to extreme measures than whatever IS' overall strategy happens to be.

Sure, toppling IS would stop that particular movement, but it would have no real effect on the primary motivators for terrorist acts.
    We do not have this problem with Sikhs and Hindus in the UK, we do not have this problem with Buddhists, we do not have this problem with people of any other alien religions or cultures, so why do we have it with Muslims?

Why should we tolerate cultural practices that we find intolerable? My father was Middle Eastern, as far as he was concerned when he came to Britain it was his duty to fit in, not expect others to accommodate him.

Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post

- - - Updated - - -

A lot more real than Russia/Trump collusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Well, the US just sold wahhabists $100 billion worth of weapons this week... so why are we pretending our governments aren't involved?
    How is selling Saudis fighter jets and cruise missiles relevant to the lack of an enlightenment in somewhere like Indonesia?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I have discussed already that I do not think IS is actually a religious movement but rather a large scale criminal organisation using religion as a tool. Attack that. But clearly, you haven't followed the discussion.?
    You act like IS is the only group out there like this. The fact there's a list of terrorist groups longer than my arm with 'Islam' or 'Muslim' in the name or have been proven linked to the religion escapes you somehow? Or are they all 'nothing to do with Islam'?

Deleted
    always the same religion giving problems

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Religion of peace strikes again. How much longer must this go on for before people start taking up arms and sorting the problem out themselves, with or without their governments help. How much longer must this go on before the left actually step up and admit there is a terrorist problem within the immigrants?

Get on it people.
    How long before normal people pick up whatever weapon they can and attack anyone looking muslim around them? Well, hopefully forever?
    Are you seriously hoping for civil war, with streets flowing with the blood of innocents? Jeez, call your shrink!
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Bullshit. The whole world was just as antisemitic as Germany in the 1920s... That changed rather quickly. And righteously so. Genocide is inexcuseable. There is just no justification for actual, literal genocide. And that is what people are discussing here.
    Germany was actually less antisemitic in 1920 than the rest of the world.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Daesh just claimed responsibility

https://twitter.com/saladinaldronni/...86819673620481

Salafism should be classified as a mental illness and due to persons suffering from it,tend to suffer from Spontaneous Human Explosion, their treatment should be the same as with bovines suffering from Foot and Mouth disease

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I see absolutely nothing about this being Muslim terrorists so... why do I see that being thrown around here already? It's surely possible, it's also possible that it's not.
    cowardly attacks on civilians of western cultures is a signature of islamic radicals. my money is on isis or one of its outgrowths

Deleted
    To be blunt... if the religion was the problem, then honestly, you guys have no solution. None. You have two options, endure the terror. Start a crusade. That's it. I'd rather not limit my thinking like that.
    Guess there is nothing we can do, so lets just sit back while they kill our teenage daughters. Seems like a brilliant idea.

Deleted
    >Remember that the real victims are not the people who fucking died, but the poor innocent muslims who feel bad because of your insults on your internet against them.
    I feel sick to my stomach because of you people. I wonder if you were saying the same things if your friends or family got killed.

Deleted
    ISIS have claimed it.

Thier news source put this out :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAgpGODXUAA3jiT.jpg:large

This could mean it is a directed attack, not an inspired attack.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    A lot more real than Russia/Trump collusion.
    /facepalm

Wow...just wow...

Quote Originally Posted by FeuerFrei View Post
    Daesh just claimed responsibility

https://twitter.com/saladinaldronni/...86819673620481

Salafism should be classified as a mental illness and due to persons suffering from it,tend to suffer from Spontaneous Human Explosion, their treatment should be the same as with bovines suffering from Foot and Mouth disease
    I'm sure this also can't be fake ... right ?

Deleted
    Oh look Daesh have claimed responsibility. I guess it wasn't the IRA/trump/cookie monster after all. People need to wake the fk up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicuros View Post
    Being excluded from mentally healthy life and add there some extremism provided by XXX, usually hits the spot.
    http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progres...tes-blasphemy/

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

so delusional it is scary to think so many people share in your denial.

how many more attacks? how many more deaths?

Deleted
    I'm sure this also can't be fake ... right ?
    the denial on this one is strong