Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Its not about Concordance!

Its about AP becoming obsolete before ToS opens.

With AK50 multiplier AP gains would mean something into ToS.

Its not about concordance itself but having an use to AP.

Does it make sense to anyone one of the core systems in Legion is completely obsolete before the raid even opens?

STOP SAYING ITS ABOUT CONCORDANCE PLEASE.

Deleted
    Who gives a shit? Now you don't have to obsess over AP before or after ToS opens, funny how that works?

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Who gives a shit? Now you don't have to obsess over AP before or after ToS opens, funny how that works?
    I think the point here is that there really anything substantial to obsess over other than AP as Legion stands as it is now.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    it's 90% obsolete after rank 52 no matter how much you get after.

it mean it sucks but it's hardly the first time blizzard has done a 180 on a core system halfway trough an expansion.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Go get gold / consumables or fancy transmog with your time before the raid

AK research done before the raid tier, is better then having it linger on for another 50 days.

I do expect a raise during another mid-tier patch (7.3) and be another 10/15 or 20 AK levels depending how much time they give it before Argus Raid opening 7.3.5.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, now when they can't be obssesed about AP anymore, people can final focus on being obssesed about getting remaining legendary.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    Its a core feature in Legion becoming obsolete. I understand your point tho, simply dont agree with it.
    Maxing your weapon to 51 was the interesting feature, concordance 1, 10 , 23, 46 or 50 isn't a "feature", it's a bonus unless you wanna no-life server 1st with any possible bonus out there. People already at 57 traits, they will get to 61 at AK40 just fine.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Its worse if AP items give you 0.1% progress instead of 2 or 3%.
    It would have done that even at AK50, just a little bit later, at 20-30 points instead of 10-20 points into concordance.

Deleted
    Jesus, there's like five other AP/Concordance threads on the front page. Did you have to vomit out a new one?

Deleted
    Sometimes when i am out with friend (all videogamers and some also WoW players), i often tell some of the Mmo-Champion thread's subject.

99 % of times, my friends say to me:" There are people really wasting time whining on this kind of stuff?".

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account

Yes... LATER. LATER MEANING: into ToS, close to the end of ToS... not before it starts!!!!!!
    The end? Define that, for some guilds 1 week race is the end, for some 4 months, for some 2 tiers later.

Same start for everybody is better then designing the raid on varying levels of AP. Gear progression nerfs content over time.

Also means people who come back later don't have to catch up/reroll don't have to wait as much with 10 less levels of AK (with the same effect)
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-23 at 04:05 PM.

Deleted

Yes... LATER. LATER MEANING: into ToS, close to the end of ToS... not before it starts!!!!!!
    That sounds like a big deal but it isn't. You would still already have 52 before ToS starts.

The only difference between AK40 and AK50 is like 1% more or less damage 3 months from now, which is like less then 1 week of gear for your raid most likely.

Deleted

And yet another person making it about concordance....

Its not about concordance, is about a feature having some value.
    THen make your argument that we shouldn't have rank 52 by now, not that AK40 vs AK50 is a big deal in the current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I think the point here is that there really anything substantial to obsess over other than AP as Legion stands as it is now.
    All the shit we obsessed over before legion, every expansion before people seem to have forgotten.

It's like people don't remember what it's like not to have AP to farm for. Do other shit.

Its not about concordance, is about a feature having some value until the tier ends and they change it so it has value again and again ans again until the expansion ends.
    I think you need to realize that with or without AK50, AP would eventually have no valuable gain at some point. This change merely makes it occur sooner than later...and it really doesn't matter ultimately.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Sometimes when i am out with friend (all videogamers and some also WoW players), i often tell some of the Mmo-Champion thread's subject.

99 % of times, my friends say to me:" There are people really wasting time whining on this kind of stuff?".
    It's even more fun when you realize that these people thinks their opinions actually matter. Newsflash motherfuckers nobody, and I mean litterally nobody in the real world gives a flying fuck about what a bunch of chronic crybabies thinks.

10+ Year Old Account
    AP became obsolete, for your main spec, the moment you unlocked Concordance anyway. AK40 or AK50 as cap changes nothing.

Deleted
    I dont care if its 10 points, 20 or 90. Its about a feature becoming useless before the raid begins because the gains of trying to advance that feature is obsolete, meaningless before the tier ends, or close to end.
    The feature is useless post 52 no matter what, because each point past that is barely noticeable, the old 34-54 traits were better in that regard but too OP. I get your point and agree with it, but you are arguing it wrong :P.

What you really seem to want is another set of new traits to be released when ToS opens. Or the current set of traits to have not been released yet and NH simply nerfed differently.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-05-23 at 04:15 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dont care if its 10 points, 20 or 90. Its about a feature becoming useless before the raid begins because the gains of trying to advance that feature is obsolete, meaningless before the tier ends, or close to end.
    Go & level 36 weapons up, if you wanna continue progression on them , and after that you can do even more with 50 character slots.

Boring feature is boring, glad it has a soft-cap for once, doesn't matter if it's AK 40, 50, or 60.

AP useless? Vendor it

Deleted
    It is ok that there are points of diminishing returns when it comes to AP gain. If you keep AP being a meaningful use of time to improve the character you encourage destructive player behavior. Top-End guilds will require their players to keep pushing AP outside of raid times, making balancing difficulty for the rest of the player base even harder and burning out players. Mythic raids have to initially be challenging to even top guilds. If you allow AP to keep being meaningful to no end, what is challenging to a top guild is completely impossible to 95% of your player base who simply don't have the amount of spare time to keep grinding AP to no end.
    By having a big point of diminishing return you give the players a "Humane" goal point to aim for. You can still gain and spend (and not lose) AP to build a bank for the next patch but all it does is give you a head start, not an insurmountable lead. Or spend some of the AP to keep your off-spec weapons current. After 7.3 launches you'll get to the next goal post by the time the new Argus raid opens and in the meantime your artifacts power growth acts as a "natural" soft nerf to the current raid tier.

oh and the nerf to AK40 instead of 50 just means they can re-balance the costs for the new 7.3 traits to be cheaper, giving you the same net-effect going forward.
    It really just does come down to making the higher levels of the Concordance trait seem like a relative waste of time. And it is actually a feature to prevent burn-out, not a bug.
    Last edited by mmoc22ed96abf2; 2017-05-23 at 04:22 PM.