Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleEverett View Post
    There are millions of islamists, millions. We cannot feasibly wipe them out militarily unless you're willing to sacrifice a whole lot more lives than those that have been lost to terrorism.
    I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm talking about liberals coming out and standing up for their beliefs. I'm calling for them to stand against Islamism as strong as they stand up to whatever other ideology they disagree with. I'm saying that we cannot coddle Muslims who believe in Islamism. I'm saying that we, as a country, must condemn Islamism. From terrorist groups to the Muslim brotherhood.

I don't believe we should wipe out a political belief with force, and I don't believe in actually targeting individuals (unless of course they're terrorists). Just stop coddling violent ideology.

Salman Abedi, gee what a surprise.

Deleted
    Oh ISIS. I cant help it but laugh at them. They hate the Western World for whatever stupid Reasons. But use all the Technology and enjoy the convenience that comes with it

Now we let some Balloons fly... say some pretty Words and wait for the next Attack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    So what do we do?
    What if we dont post meme images which want to blame all immigrants for some terrorists?

So what do we do?
    <snip>
    I think we should post self-righteous meme cartoons that misrepresent the situation to suit our own political leanings, I see you've already got started with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Not every country is like USA, where anyone can become American.
    I know, and that's a fundamental problem with why other countries can't properly integrate people. When you can never ben "Swedish" despite only knowing gof the Swedish way of life it's hard to integrate.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Salman Abedi, gee what a surprise.
    Yep, I guess we should have know it would be a young man who was responsible for this tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm talking about liberals coming out and standing up for their beliefs. I'm calling for them to stand against Islamism as strong as they stand up to whatever other ideology they disagree with. I'm saying that we cannot coddle Muslims who believe in Islamism. I'm saying that we, as a country, must condemn Islamism. From terrorist groups to the Muslim brotherhood.

I don't believe we should wipe out a political belief with force, and I don't believe in actually targeting individuals (unless of course they're terrorists). Just stop coddling violent ideology.
    I'm standing up and saying if we want less refugees in Europe the US should stop pouring gas on the tire fire that is the middle east.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So what do we do?
    It is becoming clear that the top-down promotion of a hollow ‘togetherness’ in response to terrorism is about cultivating passivity. It is about suppressing strong public feeling. It’s about reducing us to a line of mourners whose only job is to weep for our fellow citizens, not ask why they died, or rage against their dying. The great fear of both officialdom and the media class in the wake of terror attacks is that the volatile masses will turn wild and hateful. This is why every attack is followed by warnings of an ‘Islamophobic backlash’ and heightened policing of speech on Twitter and gatherings in public: because what they fundamentally fear is public passion, our passion. They want us passive, empathetic, upset, not angry, active, questioning. They prefer us as a lonely crowd of dutiful, disconnected mourners rather than a real collective of citizens demanding to know why our fellow citizens died and how we might prevent others from dying. We should stop playing the role they’ve allotted us.

As part of the post-terror narrative, our emotions are closely policed. Some emotions are celebrated, others demonised. Empathy – good. Grief – good. Sharing your sadness online – great. But hatred? Anger? Fury? These are bad. They are inferior forms of feeling, apparently, and must be discouraged. Because if we green-light anger about terrorism, then people will launch pogroms against Muslims, they say, or even attack Sikhs or the local Hindu-owned cornershop, because that’s how stupid and hateful we apparently are. But there is a strong justification for hate right now. Certainly for anger. For rage, in fact. Twenty-two of our fellow citizens were killed at a pop concert. I hate that, I hate the person who did it, I hate those who will apologise for it, and I hate the ideology that underpins such barbarism. I want to destroy that ideology. I don’t feel sad, I feel apoplectic. Others will feel likewise, but if they express this verboten post-terror emotion they risk being branded as architects of hate, contributors to future terrorist acts, racist, and so on. Their fury is shushed. ‘Just weep. That’s your role.’

(source)

Hopefully not passivity, although that is exactly what those in power seem to prefer. Docile passivity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Obviously we sacrifice the core tenets of our liberal democracies in order to protect ourselves from what amounts to an exaggerated and sensationalized threat.
    Letting in refugees is not a core tenet of Democracy. Letting in people who fundamentally disagree with our way of life does not help anybody. Instead, it leads to pointless bloodshed in the name of creating a theocracy... which goes completely against the tenets of a liberal democracy. Allowing these foreigners into our country leads to the diminishment of democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Yep, I guess we should have know it would be a young man who was responsible for this tragedy.
    A young looser you mean? a coward and a looser. Should have put a gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I'm standing up and saying if we want less refugees in Europe the US should stop pouring gas on the tire fire that is the middle east.
    I agree with pouring gas on the fire. We have no choice but to fix our mistakes when it comes to the Islamic State, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    I agree with pouring gas on the fire. We have no choice but to fix our mistakes when it comes to the Islamic State, though.
    I want my cake, but I also want to eat it. that's the argument you're making here.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post

(source)

Hopefully not passivity, although that is exactly what those in power seem to prefer. Docile passivity.
    The thing is we know what happens when people give in to anger, hate and rage in the face of tragedy; they radicalise and cause further violence which leads to more anger, hate and rage which causes further violence...

You might think that this response is somehow working against the terrorists but it's playing towards their goals; the war isn't "East against West" or "Islam against non-Muslims," it's people who want peace and unity against people who want anger and division.

Isn't the suspect of Libyan decent? Libya was Britain and France pouring gas on the fire not US

Thanks for the link.

Read this on his wiki:

The talks inspired the development of the Uganda Anti-Homosexuality Act, a private member's bill, was proposed in the Ugandan parliament.[23] The bill, submitted in November 2009, called for the death penalty in some cases, and was harshly criticized in the international community.[23][24][25]

Lively expressed disappointment that "the legislation was so harsh."[10] "Lively says he recommended an approach rooted in rehabilitation, not punishment and says an anti-gay bill being considered by the Ugandan Parliament goes too far",[26] even though he himself is not opposed to criminalizing homosexuality.[27]

[M]y advice to the parliament was to go the other direction from what they did to actually go on a proactive positive message promoting the family, promoting marriage, etcetera, through the schools, and that if they were going to continue to criminalize homosexuality that they should focus on rehabilitation and not punishment. And I was very disappointed when the law came out as it is written now with such incredibly harsh punishments.[26]

Lively has stated that he will endorse the bill if the death penalty is removed
    Looks like he's denying the death penalty piece. Scott Lively is a piece of shit for doing what he did. It's a disgrace.
    Last edited by Lokryn; 2017-05-23 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I know, and that's a fundamental problem with why other countries can't properly integrate people. When you can never ben "Swedish" despite only knowing gof the Swedish way of life it's hard to integrate.
    I don't think that's particularly relevant at all to how well people integrate. Singaporean muslims are still singaporean, we have some problems with their integration despite this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I mean if you want to pretend refugees are responsible for all of the terrorism, but that's not the real world.
    also laughable if this guy is living in america.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You most assuredly implied it.
    No i did not, you read into things a tad bit too much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    A young looser you mean? a coward and a looser. Should have put a gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger instead.
    Suicide killing only yourself get you eternal torment in hell. Suicide killing "crusaders" gets you 72 virgins in heaven.