Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ok so first, i never denied it did not happen, just that it rarely happened, it went to the hunters first
    yeah, this is your issue
    not really, i have provided hard concrete evidence and statements from people AT THE TIME of the expansion being out, and the weapon being current
    you showed an example of a rogue getting it because they had no hunters who were loot eligable, so no, your example was bad, nice try
    did you even read the fucking thread you linked, or the post i made, it said WHY the rogue got it "The hunters had JUST joined the guild, and were not seen as trust worthy enough to get the bow, the rogue had been in since kara, and badly needed an upgrade"
    again you are still spewing nonsense, show me evidence of rogues being on equal playing feild as hunters for getting the bow
    ignoring the testimonial of vetern hunters? no im not, you are not a vetern hunter, i am "ignoring" the testimonial of hundreds of hunters in agreement on the wowhead database.

i am asking a mod to close the thread, as it has just turned into a shit fest of people trying to prove hard facts wrong with nothing but "hur dur it happened once"
    Thats the thing, you've not provided any "hard facts". The wowhead bit you linked had no math, and your own math doesnt add up for reasons I already stated.

See, something you're missing was that during TBC, Vanilla, and I believe WotLK as well, a weapons base attack speed mattered a lot. Do not get this confused with attack speed modified by haste, since that is something else entirely. I am talking the base attack speed. Why did this matter? Because a slow weapon had a higher maximum damage and minimum damage even if the DPS might be comparable with as slower weapon, what matters here is what the max and min was. What this meant was, that abilities hit harder on slower weapons even if they had the same DPS as a faster weapon. Its why for instance arcanite reaper was so popular: it was slower than the average 3.6.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

you are not a vetern hunter
    pretty sure i am the pure definition of a veteran hunter, playing 12 years as one class kind of puts you in that boat.

...and the mod close the thread? why people saying things that you don't agree is upsetting?

The point of the conversation is the bow was the lamest legendary to exist. Only 1% of the raiding population saw the raid, let alone clear it....and even less hunters and ROGUES got the bow.

even then...it didn't make you crazy unbelievable awesome. It was just a normal bump up in dps.

The bow in todays standard...man most of use would rather use a sephuz's secret.
    Last edited by Banard; 2017-05-23 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    No it wasn't, not even for BM due to the lack of ammo dps. The only thing legendary about it was the bitching it inspired.
    Nice meme, but this is bullshit. I know a lot of you like to scratch hairs over this kind of stuff but this is wrong and you should feel bad for spreading it. Misinformation at it's finest. Why? Because ammunition did not give damage to Steady Shot. Not only that, at the time steady shot gained 10% dmg with t6 4 piece.

What this bow did was it made steady shot your #1 dmg contributor.

Ammo only ever added dmg to auto attacks ya see, because if you were anything but BM in TBC raids you weren't in a good guild, and certainly not one that had Kil'Jaedan on farm.

Anyways my point is, you and everyone else in here arguing that Thori'dal wasn't BIS clearly didn't even hunter in TBC, and you definitely weren't part of the cream of the crop that actually had Kil'Jaeden on farm. Although it's totally possible that you did play back then, but you were a dime a dozen scrub just like you are now. Now stop spreading bullshit you copy pasted from random sources on the internet trying to pretend like you know anything about anything.

Oh ya, by the way that story of a rogue getting Thori'dal over a hunter is popular because of this article: https://www.engadget.com/2008/08/07/...arious-legend/

No that wasn't normal no you people don't know what you're talking about at all. This was and is just a good argument against DKP.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-05-23 at 07:38 PM.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    OMG the people who clearly never played. Attack speed was normalized for all attacks in freaking Vanilla to 2.8 due to the 3.4 speed cross bow in BWL being insanely good. With the 3:2 macro the 2.7 speed bow was better and the arrow dps was baked in making steady shot (the only fucking ability we used in our rotation since auto shot is well, auto) benefited more from the baked in arrow DPS.

Any rogue that got it first was because it was early and people didn't know this and said fuck it (which is still dumb), someone ninja'd it, or the loot council is stupid. It was BIS for BM at the very least, which was also the #1 DPS in the game at the time (warlocks were a close 2nd, sometimes 1 depending on groups).

There we no MM hunters in raids, and at most you had 1 SV hunter and we usually would swap week to week so someone didn't always get boned into playing the shit spec. The thing that sucked was it dropped off last boss so yes, you couldn't use it on progression. But it was 100% BiS and fuck you to those who say it wasn't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Thats the thing, you've not provided any "hard facts". The wowhead bit you linked had no math, and your own math doesnt add up for reasons I already stated.

See, something you're missing was that during TBC, Vanilla, and I believe WotLK as well, a weapons base attack speed mattered a lot. Do not get this confused with attack speed modified by haste, since that is something else entirely. I am talking the base attack speed. Why did this matter? Because a slow weapon had a higher maximum damage and minimum damage even if the DPS might be comparable with as slower weapon, what matters here is what the max and min was. What this meant was, that abilities hit harder on slower weapons even if they had the same DPS as a faster weapon. Its why for instance arcanite reaper was so popular: it was slower than the average 3.6.
    Again if you looked at the fucking bow. Thoridall ha s ahighet damage Even with a faster attack speed!!!! I am not saying (higher DPS and higher attack speed hur due) I am and showed you. That thoridall both attacked faster. And hit harder!!!

Like holy fucking shit can you read my post before you comment. I literally said "yes if golden bow was slower but hit harder you would have a point. But thoridal both hit faster and for harder. Meaning in both ways it was a full upgrade. Thordial was faster. But still had a higher min/max.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-05-23 at 07:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I don't get the issue, in Cata they introduced a Goblin in the Badlands wielding Thunderfury.

In Legion you reclaim Thunderfury from a dead dwarf as Shaman.

Halduron was shown to wield Thori'dal in Cata.

Lady Liadrin was shown to wield Quel'delar in WoD.

Just to highlight that famous weapons sometimes end up in the hands of a seemingly random NPC, one of them hanging on a wall doesn't add much controversy there.

Most likely thing that happened was that some dev just added it because he thought it was cool.

Again if you looked at the fucking bow. Thoridall ha s ahighet damage Even with a faster attack speed!!!! I am not saying (higher DPS and higher attack speed hur due) I am and showed you. That thoridall both attacked faster. And hit harder!!!

Like holy fucking shit can you read my post before you comment. I literally said "yes if golden bow was slower but hit harder you would have a point. But thoridal both hit faster and for harder. Meaning in both ways it was a full upgrade. Thordial was faster. But still had a higher min/max.
    You're not factoring ammo.

They had about the same DPS when including ammo. However, the golden bow shot slower while having the same DPS. Since it shot at a speed of 3.0 that meant each individual hit was hitting for harder even if the damage per secound was nearly the same. This IS important for skill usage.

As note, do not get attack speed after haste confused with base attack speed.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2017-05-23 at 08:08 PM.

They had about the same DPS when including ammo. However, the golden bow shot slower while having the same DPS. Since it shot at a speed of 3.0 that meant each individual hit was hitting for harder even if the damage per secound was nearly the same. This important for skill usage.
    It's you who is not factoring the fact that ammo did not increase the damage of steady shot to the degree that it made steady shot a hunter's #1 dmg ability. BM was by far the only raid viable spec (except the very occasional Surv hunter who was only surv for needed raid utility) and BM only had steady shot and auto attack. Hence Thori'dal was BIS. You didn't play wow then. Shut up. We covered this already and you still keep talking.

Stop talking.

Just stop. Don't even bother replying. Nothing you have to say is remotely accurate or intelligent.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-05-23 at 08:11 PM.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

They had about the same DPS when including ammo. However, the golden bow shot slower while having the same DPS. Since it shot at a speed of 3.0 that meant each individual hit was hitting for harder even if the damage per secound was nearly the same. This IS important for skill usage.

And again, attacks like Steady Shot and the like were normalized at 2.8 attack speed. So stop saying this crap when it's 100% wrong. And what Shakou said.

I thought that was a Rogue weapon.

Or for Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    It's you who is not factoring the fact that ammo did not increase the damage of steady shot to the degree that it made steady shot a hunter's #1 dmg ability. BM was by far the only raid viable spec (except the very occasional Surv hunter who was only surv for needed raid utility) and BM only had steady shot and auto attack. Hence Thori'dal was BIS. You didn't play wow then. Shut up. We covered this already and you still keep talking.

Stop talking.

Just stop. Don't even bother replying. Nothing you have to say is remotely accurate or intelligent.
    I concede, I had thought the normlization did not occur untill later on in WoW. I may have gotten offhand normalization confused with the general. Sorry.

I concede, I had thought the normlization did not occur untill later on in WoW. I may have gotten offhand normalization confused with the general. Sorry.
    Alright, I'll accept your apology lmfao.

7+ Year Old Account

however ammo did not factor into spells, so that bonus damage ment nothing

again wtf are you talking abut

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Alright, I'll accept your apology lmfao.
    im not accepting it till they say sorry to me for treating me like a complete idiot for the past 9 posts...

however ammo did not factor into spells, so that bonus damage ment nothing

again wtf are you talking abut

- - - Updated - - -

im not accepting it till they say sorry to me for treating me like a complete idiot for the past 9 posts...
    I said my part and apologized. I tend to admit when I'm wrong. I'm not going to have my face rubbed in the dirt just because you need validation.

7+ Year Old Account
    I said my part and apologized. I tend to admit when I'm wrong. I'm not going to have my face rubbed in the dirt just because you need validation.
    you said sorry to him, not me >_> and i was simply asking for you to say sorry to "ME" because of calling me an idiot non stop for the last 9 posts

The reason why there were so few MM hunters in high end raiding guild was because of hurrdurr forums who said it was shit. You could be MM and be competive until late Sunwell but since it was actually gameplay and not one-macro shit people just didnt bother. I admit I changed to BM in Sunwell because it just turned way to good to ignore, but you could do some nice numbers as MM throughout the whole expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I nominate this for the "WoW Players Will Bitch About Anything" 2017 awards
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I love the class hall personally

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    And again, attacks like Steady Shot and the like were normalized at 2.8 attack speed. So stop saying this crap when it's 100% wrong. And what Shakou said.
    But autoshot clipping was a thing, but I'm bot sure which bow speed was better or at least if some degree of attackspeed could change it, I remember faster ones being better because of that though.

the 3.0 bow could turn into a 2:1 rotation real quick.. at least thats how I remember it.
    So basically Toppy didn't get that right either and a 3.0 bow is actually worse because you'd be clipping autoshots a lot.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-05-24 at 06:12 AM.

What gives? Is there a class campaign or anything that references this at all? ANYTHING?
    (my hunter is only level 106)
    Y'know... they could be just display copies. Made in the likeness of the real weapon, just to be put on display?