Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Only reason you're saying it's not up for a vote is because you feel that you're the be-all end-all in what's right in this story. How hypocritical of you to dismiss other people's views on on what happened and for you to champion your position as ironclad. If you've ever actually worked in customer service you'd be rational enough to agree with Ornyx. If not, then judging by your previous post history this is another hate-boner, marred by pseudo intellectualism and armchair speculation.
    No, I am saying it's not up to a vote because it's not up to a vote, that's how the world works. What Ornyx did was unprofessional. This is not up to a vote. Deal with it. Ask Ornyx bosses or customer reps of other companies or anyone who knows business actually, if you won't take my word.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Company policy vs. your opinion...

Sure, the customer can be an asshole. Kick him out and be done.
    What's harmful to a business? A smartass employee who takes the bait and gives the business a bad name.
    I never said it was okay, don't put words in my mouth. I say that if it happens, tough shit and suck it up.

What? do we need to hold the hand of DMV employees just because their customers are being people?

- - - Updated - - -

Someone is clearly unaware of the stupid leader/stupid follower equation, so to say.
    It sure would be great, but the world isn't a liberal arts college campus with infinite safe space.
    Thats good, then we can agree Onryx did nothing wrong seeing this is the real world and not some liberal art bullshit college.
    Good chat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Ok so try that, be disrespectful to an employee in a store and watch how the employer will either A: tell you to rack off, or B: call the police to forcibly remove you from the store..

Really some people these days I often wonder if they ever think before they act..
    How broad do you want to interpret the word disrespectful?

If a customer calls you out on bad service, it's disrespect in essence.

Or are you going to nitpick and interpret it as if I'm okay with customers holding an employee at gunpoint?

Some people these days...

The customer doesn't need to be respectful to employees in a business.

The guy literally just asked 'what else is there to do', this blue decided a fitting way to respond was taking it as an insult and throwing unnecessary sass at him.

Who is the bigger idiot? The guy throwing an 'insult', or the guy who takes the bait and flames back at him?
    The one throwing the insult. They're the more pathetic ones. Blizzard has the right to knock them down, cause of it. Mind you, if this was a fight between 2 guys, then they'd both be wrong. However, this is an EMPLOYEE! He should knock the bastard down. The guy throwing the insult isn't jaylock, nor is he a troll. He's just your regular cry baby that deserves a smack in the face, each time he whines about something.

- - - Updated - - -

The one thing I have learned reading through this thread is that society as it is now is doomed, it is a sad fact but it is true.. Because what gets me is that the way this is getting portrayed by some in this thread you would think that the blue involved in all this committed some sort of war crime or some other major international incident.. This is how blown out of all proportions this one thing has become it is truly pathetic when you think about it..

Atleast someone gets it.

Those are the exact same things, worded differently.

If it happens and your response is "tough shit, suck it up" then you are advocating that it is ok, at least to the degree that no reprecussive actions can be taken. What a fucking scummy attitude to have not only towards a business rep but towards a person in general.

You put your own words in your own mouth, and now you're trying to backpedal out of this shit.
    (Is the anger real or manufactured? It seems manufactured. If it is real, I have bad news for you.

"it is okay" and "if it happens, tough shit and suck it up" is not at all "the exact same thing, worded differently", you have logic issues.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Thats good, then we can agree Onryx did nothing wrong seeing this is the real world and not some liberal art bullshit college.
    Good chat.
    He was being unprofessional and it wasn't the right thing to do. I'm sure that's fine for everyone but him and the customer.
    Bye.

And the thread has been deleted.

lol
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    No, I am saying it's not up to a vote because it's not up to a vote, that's how the world works. What Ornyx did was unprofessional. This is not up to a vote. Deal with it. Ask Ornyx bosses or customer reps of other companies or anyone who knows business actually, if you won't take my word.
    Ok. Unprofessional says who? You? What authority do you have to declare an absolutist statement like that?

If it is unprofessional then bye bye Ornyx I guess. If it isn't, then nothing will change. What do you think is more likely? Seeing as Ornyx himself posted in this thread some time after the incident it seems very clear to me that wasn't deemed unprofessional and nothing internal has happened.

So why should I have to ask him or his bosses when the events that have played out have already shown the event to not be unprofessional?

Deleted
    He was being unprofessional and it wasn't the right thing to do. I'm sure that's fine for everyone but him and the customer.
    Bye.
    He wasn't being unprofessional and it was the right thing to do. I'm sure that's fine for everyone including him and fuck the customer.
    Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    And the thread has been deleted.

lol
    Yup.

And why?

Because Ornyx was in the wrong. It doesn't take an Einstein to understand that.

Really, the part I found weirdest was how Ornyx more or less said "If you want communication go to discord". Seems to me the exact thing a CM shouldnt say.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. Unprofessional says who? You? What authority do you have to declare an absolutist statement like that?

If it is unprofessional then bye bye Ornyx I guess. If it isn't, then nothing will change. What do you think is more likely? Seeing as Ornyx himself posted in this thread some time after the incident it seems very clear to me that wasn't deemed unprofessional and nothing internal has happened.

So why should I have to ask him or his bosses when the events that have played out have already shown the event to not be unprofessional?
    He wasn't even right. The person who he was calling out had done a lot more than Ornyx had claimed. Ornyx just didnt take that much of a look at the armory.

Wow people applauding his trolling.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    "it is okay" and "if it happens, tough shit and suck it up" is not at all "the exact same thing, worded differently", you have logic issues.)
    You're right actually, they're not the same. It's worse.

"It is okay" implies the events that have happened are acceptable.
    "Tough shit, suck it up" implies that the events are viewed as unacceptable, but I don't value your response to it and I'm going to undermine your humanity by claiming the events are acceptable.

Thanks for pointing out my fallacy and showing that what was posted earlier was actually much worse.

Yeah, I don't think he did anything wrong. Could he have tip-toed around and avoided people taking it badly? Maybe put a cute little smiley at the end ? Sure, but I'm not one to think that we need to walk on eggshells all the time just in case someone takes something the wrong way. If someone gets bent out of shape due to their interpretation of something this small, then in my opinion, that's on them.

Agree that this puts it really well too:
    The one thing I have learned reading through this thread is that society as it is now is doomed, it is a sad fact but it is true.. Because what gets me is that the way this is getting portrayed by some in this thread you would think that the blue involved in all this committed some sort of war crime or some other major international incident.. This is how blown out of all proportions this one thing has become it is truly pathetic when you think about it..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    The one throwing the insult. They're the more pathetic ones. Blizzard has the right to knock them down, cause of it. Mind you, if this was a fight between 2 guys, then they'd both be wrong. However, this is an EMPLOYEE! He should knock the bastard down. The guy throwing the insult isn't jaylock, nor is he a troll. He's just your regular cry baby that deserves a smack in the face, each time he whines about something.
    People of stature wouldn't even bother to respond to such an individual. This blue apparently isn't an individual of stature.
    They sure do have the right. Does it look good in a society dominated by SJWs and safe spaces however? Nope.

It's an interesting event if anything. Seeing this 'community' up in arms because some rebellious doofus was determined to be 'savage' towards the everyday rabble.

Yes, me. I have been working in the industry for a long time. I know a thing or two about it. But it isn't even specific to the industry, it is the same everywhere. The only people rolling eyes and inquiring "what, you are saying I can't answer a customer by making a remark about his armory / whatever on a public forum???" are the fanboys (and pretend-fanboys who just want a good rumble) in this thread.

As I said already, if you won't take my word, ask others. I don't have any textbooks with the big words "you don't armory your customers" in front of me at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post
    Yeah, I don't think he did anything wrong. Could he have tip-toed around and avoided people taking it badly? Maybe put a cute little smiley at the end ? Sure, but I'm not one to think that we need to walk on eggshells all the time just in case someone takes something the wrong way. If someone gets bent out of shape due to their interpretation of something this small, then in my opinion, that's on them.

Agree that this puts it really well too:
    He could have... not replied?

Deleted
    He wasn't even right. The person who he was calling out had done a lot more than Ornyx had claimed. Ornyx just didnt take that much of a look at the armory.
    Can you at least provide evidence to that claim?

Really, the part I found weirdest was how Ornyx more or less said "If you want communication go to discord". Seems to me the exact thing a CM shouldnt say.
    Now it seems like you're just reaching to find problems with him. He was trying to be nice and give an option for a more direct (and maybe live) conversation.

Deleted
    Bye.
    I really really really hope that tomorrow morning, during some of my work duties, i could find an unprofessional employer like Ornyx.

A lot of you really need a reality check as soon as possible.

P.S: before calling shit on me, i always come in contant with Public Office employers, and they treat you LIKE SHIT, and we are not talking about a video-game. And, big news, they are public employers, and this mean that the State pays them and, again, this mean that I pay them, with my taxes and so on.