Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    It's pretty simple, you could even do it with the time that you're rapidly catching up to my post count despite only having been a member for half the time.

The short version is, universal means the government handles building the hospitals and clinics and hiring the doctors and nurses, handling the quality, etc. Single payer is where all of the health care entities are still private and still compete for favor - to a degree. But when it comes to emergencies, health care will almost never have a competitive element, in that you're going to be taken to the closest hospital which can save your life in an emergency.

The VA is an example of the former, medicare and medicaid examples of the latter.

But despite the VA's failures, let us not forget that several countries run very successful universal healthcare systems. The VA is plagued with corruption, mismanagement, and gross underfunding. Our country is woefully undereducated, unaware, and just tends to not give a shit about the struggles of veterans with permanent injuries and disabilities. And on the other side, most conservatives, especially military members who have landed themselves cushy office jobs that pay well and require virtually no skill beyond two firing brain cells, are completely undereducated, unaware, and tend to not give a shit about the struggles of other citizens because "Fuck you, I got mine."
    The irony is that even though supertony51 is so adamant on his views. The simple act of informing himself on the topics are attributed to '[not] having a job and live in moms basement' -_-.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Well, i'll put my feelings on it simply. I don't trust our government, as it's currently structured, to effectively administer a universal or single payer healthcare system.
    And yet you joined the army and presumably get all the benefits from that. Hypocrite much.

LOL refer to previous post

Look Dranei lover, I'm not against the "idea" of universal healthcare, I just don't trust our government in implementing it. CBO has estimated the cost at 2.6 trillion for the first year and 30 trillion over 10. Ouch

Which is the same costs we have right now so yeah thats due to not making sure you cant charge 500 dollars for a bandaid etc etc we need to get those criminals out of the system and we can have it work for everyone really that simple since really you think that 10 cent bandage should be billed at 500 dollars? dont you see how fucking stupid it is to allow the gangsters in the medical industry to basically commit robbery of the treasure with these phony fake bills?

It is like the mobsters ok bro you give 5000 dollars a night and we will make sure nothing happens to your restaurant kind of deals going on with the medical industry right now and we need to arrest and charge these criminals and put a perfectly good single payer system in place that will NEVER tolerate these outrageous deals.

And i can promise you your numbers will be just looking like the stupid right wing nonsense they are and really since when does the right wingers take the CBO at face value dont recall them being upset when the CBO scored trumpcare as a total disaster for the country

Deleted
    You know when Americans go on about how great their country is?

Would be a hell of a lot more convincing argument if they didn't let people rot to death from treatable diseases.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Yes the problem with US healthcare isn't cost spent but lack of effectiveness and efficiency.
    This 100%, with extremely strict regulations on everything, and everyone suing doctors for literally everything, drives the price through the roof. Everything in the US tends to cost so much more because of much bureaucracy and stupidity there is in every facet of our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    This will cost CA so many jobs, it will drive people into poverty in record speed.

Venezuela on the US West coast.
    How would this cost jobs if corporations can save tens of thousands by not needing to provide healthcare to its employees anymore?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, i'll put my feelings on it simply. I don't trust our government, as it's currently structured, to effectively administer a universal or single payer healthcare system.
    ya i mean look how bad they are doing at that universal +65 single payer healthcare system.

seems the govt CAN do it, you just need to be over 65

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    It's pretty simple, you could even do it with the time that you're rapidly catching up to my post count despite only having been a member for half the time.

The short version is, universal means the government handles building the hospitals and clinics and hiring the doctors and nurses, handling the quality, etc. Single payer is where all of the health care entities are still private and still compete for favor - to a degree. But when it comes to emergencies, health care will almost never have a competitive element, in that you're going to be taken to the closest hospital which can save your life in an emergency.

The VA is an example of the former, medicare and medicaid examples of the latter.

But despite the VA's failures, let us not forget that several countries run very successful universal healthcare systems. The VA is plagued with corruption, mismanagement, and gross underfunding. Our country is woefully undereducated, unaware, and just tends to not give a shit about the struggles of veterans with permanent injuries and disabilities. And on the other side, most conservatives, especially military members who have landed themselves cushy office jobs that pay well and require virtually no skill beyond two firing brain cells, are completely undereducated, unaware, and tend to not give a shit about the struggles of other citizens because "Fuck you, I got mine."
    Are you saying that my job is easy and doesn't require education? lol, really?

This coming from a you?

Top KEK

If California went to single payer health care, they might have a big boost in jobs if employers don't have to provide health insurance. That in combination with their wage laws would be a tremendous boost in spending by its citizens boosting their economy easily providing the tax funds to implement single payer health care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    You know it's bad when states are doing the right thing before the whole country. New York will have $15 minimum wage in 2018, and will have free college. Things that make you go hmm.

More likely, they played the original

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Landlord%27s_Game

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Probably still cheaper than what everybody pays in total for Health Insurance.

10+ Year Old Account
    This will cost CA so many jobs, it will drive people into poverty in record speed.

Just like rising our corporate tax rate to balance the budget was going to drive all the jobs out of the state, right?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like in Canada and in the UK. No wait!
    So California mostly deals with oil? I knew it! That Silicon Valley shit must be a reference to breast implants.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Because it is cheaper to include illegal immigrants than to exclude them and have them show up at emergency rooms driving up costs for US citizens. This is why Texas and California ERs are always strained.

California is trying something that is very bold given that not even Canada faces such logistics. If California can pull it off then it would be a huge win for not only universal single payer healthcare for other US states to copy but also other countries as they see increasing populations.

Illegal aliens show up in ERs anyway with their anchor babies for things as small as diaper rash, & try to get pharmacists to provide adult meds for their problems under their anchor babies card. The worst problem is illegal aliens using ambulances as free taxis as the cost doesn't include that the ambulance can't be used to treat a taxpaying citizen at that time.

Band aids cost $300 because you are paying for illegal aliens anchor babies to be treated for diaper rash in ERs.
    People are unused to truth.
    People follow consistent truth.
    Respect the power and impact of truth.
    Men who speak truth drive value.

But then the businesses won't have to pay for employee health insurance anymore and they can hire more people. Isn't that how it's supposed to work?

Also funny coming from someone from the Netherlands considering you already have a government healthcare system.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Canada has about the same population as California, Canada spends like $150 billion per year at least that's what google is saying.
    Canada has price controls for healthcare and drugs. Something California will need to have as well to make this be a viable option.

Quote Originally Posted by CMartel View Post
    Band aids cost $300 because you are paying for illegal aliens anchor babies to be treated for diaper rash in ERs.
    You can't honestly believe that is the reason why healthcare costs so much in the US, surely?

This establishment brainwashing that its all the fault of foreigners and poor people really is working well, isn't it?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why dont we just tax the fuck out of fruits and vegetables and get the other states to pay for our healthcare?

Someone call Jerry Brown

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    But then the businesses won't have to pay for employee health insurance anymore and they can hire more people. Isn't that how it's supposed to work?

Also funny coming from someone from the Netherlands considering you already have a government healthcare system.

Canada has price controls for healthcare and drugs. Something California will need to have as well to make this be a viable option.
    Dutch healthcare was privatised years ago because of the ever increasing costs.
    People are also forced by law to have healthcare and predictions for the coming decade is that it will cost people up to 45% of their income.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Probably still cheaper than what everybody pays in total for Health Insurance.
    No it's more.

- - - Updated - - -

Dutch healthcare was privatised years ago because of the ever increasing costs.
    People are also forced by law to have healthcare and predictions for the coming decade is that it will cost people up to 45% of their income.
    Which is the goal of this happening in the US. It's just a tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    No it's more.
    I'll take other countries who have implemented it for decades over your paranoid delusions anyday.

Deleted
    California is the next Puerto Rico. I'd laugh but my entire family is in California, so it failing is not an option for me. The country is going to get a huge wake-up call once we all have to bail out this failed left-wing utopia.