Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    What happened to those dogs that they act like that...dogs don't act like that unless they've been neglected for some time. And no, behavior in animals is not 100% attributable to breed/genetics/innate temperament.

Should really think about whether you gave those dogs enough attention. Your initial response will be defensive (everyone's is when confronted with statements like these) but after cognitive dissonance wears off perhaps you'll really think about it.
    Honestly, one of them was like that from the day they got her. When they first got her we were all kind of concerned that even as a puppy she was always just kind of sitting and watching, never really played or interacted that much. The other I don't know well enough, but she is constantly with her owner, travels, eats well, doesn't live in a cage, has a huge comfortable home, is the dominate dog in that house as well, and is treated mostly like a princess. But doesn't play, mostly just lays around, doesn't attempt to do anything and just blankly stares.

The other though, from day one was that way, we think she might have some brain issues, she isn't smart at all. And lives with another dog that is totally fine. She came from a puppy mill style place as well, so we wondered if it was breeding as she has had a TON of health issues as well. Not all dogs like that are abused or neglected, and this one definitely isn't neglected her owner treats her like the world, some dogs are like people just not the brightest of the bunch.

And in this family I'd pay to be these owner's dogs. Never seen one hit by their owner, they want for nothing, and are in their presence constantly. Rarely left anywhere and if they are left, left with family they know. To clarify, indoor, lap dogs (Bichon Frise, and Toy/teacup Pom)
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2017-05-24 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I'll only accept being sold for a 12$ hamburger. At least make it a good burger, damn it.
    I'll take this deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Honestly, one of them was like that from the day they got her. When they first got her we were all kind of concerned that even as a puppy she was always just kind of sitting and watching, never really played or interacted that much. The other I don't know well enough, but she is constantly with her owner, travels, eats well, doesn't live in a cage, has a huge comfortable home, is the dominate dog in that house as well, and is treated mostly like a princess. But doesn't play, mostly just lays around, doesn't attempt to do anything and just blankly stares.

The other though, from day one was that way, we think she might have some brain issues, she isn't smart at all. And lives with another dog that is totally fine. She came from a puppy mill style place as well, so we wondered if it was breeding as she has had a TON of health issues as well. Not all dogs like that are abused or neglected, and this one definitely isn't neglected her owner treats her like the world, some dogs are like people just not the brightest of the bunch.
    Sitting and watching is associated with signs of abuse in humans as well as dogs. Could have possibly been an abuse situation. Poor breeding could be a cause for the other dog, yeah. It's a shame because behavior + health issues like these can makes dogs hard to adopt out, through no fault of their own.

love my dog, but she's a gonner for 100k.

on my 6th dog i realized after they die, you get over it and get another dog real quick...and at this point you would have 99,500 left to spend

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would take more years off my mortgage than my dog would be alive. Pay mortgage, get new dog, live happy debt free life.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Sitting and watching is associated with signs of abuse in humans as well as dogs. Could have possibly been an abuse situation. Poor breeding could be a cause for the other dog, yeah. It's a shame because behavior + health issues like these can makes dogs hard to adopt out, through no fault of their own.
    She's got a great home and great owner so she is all good. Just nothing going on with her and her health issues don't help her. She is a sweet heart, but she isn't going to do anything but sit close to you and get pets.

My Bichon is way more active even for being 11, and has a lot more personality and desire to play, and generally be part of anything going on. He's currently riding a high of thinking he won a war with the Squirrels in our back yard/roof/soffit(sp), but I really it has to do with me closing up the house better and removing a couple problem trees (hate cutting trees, but tearing up foundation and danger to the house).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    That's a bad idea. You would be stealing a dog worth of 100k, which is a nasty thing in court.

Just like stealing a Ferrari from a car dealership instead of the streets. Huge difference.

The latter is a minor criminal act, a car theft, and the former is a theft worth of 200k dollars.
    Not a bad if you don't get caught, and they're easier to steal and the dog knows you. People steal all the time and almost never get caught.

This is assuming this is a private transaction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Have fun in prison.
    Prison is unlikely, cause you're unlikely to get caught.

I would sell our dog, though my wife said she'd kill me for doing it.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

I would sell any pet for that. That's a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I'll only accept being sold for a 12$ hamburger. At least make it a good burger, damn it.
    I'll sell you for a McDouble, plain. $1.37 after tax, best burger I've ever had.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    If someone sells me their dog for $100,000 and the dog goes missing shortly afterward, you can bet I'll direct police to that person.
    Why would you? He doesn't know where you live. Lots of people steal dogs that look expensive. The dog.could just simply run away. Or you can wait to set fourth a plan month later. But it's no surprise you'd be paranoid about nothing, when these things can have reasonable explanations.

I'd give 100k and a leg, without sedation, if it meant I could bring my Max back from the dead...

It depends entirely on the bond formed. Not all who keep pets, actually LOVE their dogs/pets. Same as how becoming a parent won't automatically ensure that you'll love and take care of your child.