Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question Is Versatility equal to primary stats?

Concordance: DPS & Heals get +++ to their primary stats; Tanks get +++ to Versatility. Nevermind that versatility is a very mediocre secondary stat for some tanks (I'd much prefer haste on my pally); shouldn't a secondary stat have a bigger number than one for a primary stat? To be of equal value?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Concordance: DPS & Heals get +++ to their primary stats; Tanks get +++ to Versatility. Nevermind that versatility is a very mediocre secondary stat for some tanks (I'd much prefer haste on my pally); shouldn't a secondary stat have a bigger number than one for a primary stat? To be of equal value?

Depending on the tank, 4k verse on my Guardian druid is like 5-6% verse.

where as if you put say 4k intel or something in balance it doesnt give anything bar raw damage.

Tanks no longer get defensive stats from prime stats.

so a tank having strength or agi for instance offers no benifit to them being able to tank.

Where as verse reduces damage and increases healing done/taken, which in sense is better, as well as also giving them a damage boost.

would you like to see a 4k strength proc as a Paladin tank knowing that you have up the chance to have 5-6% damage reduction on a 2.6ppm?

knowing that the strength, being a tank, only gave you like 20k more dps.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the spec. I can't speak to many but BrM loves it, and it's best stat for Frost going into ToS by a significant margin. Honestly I'd like the vers proc over the int proc.

Tanks aren't competing with DPS or Healers for raid spots so not sure why you care.

It's already 8/4% Damage/DR lets' say you double that because it's a secondary and it starts getting OP really fast.

You should stop looking at it as "Vers is not good for my spec" and more look at it as it's a 8/4% proc for ALL tanks aka the epitome of balance.

There is nothing wrong with it.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    If memory serves you still do actually get dodge/parry from agi/str.

It's a bigger DPS increase than as much str/agi,and it's also a damage mitigation

For a tank 4K versatility is better than 4K str/agi by a wide margin,and even for most DPS classes it would be too,it's a flat 9% damage increase from all sources when it procs,tanks are the big winners with concordance

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    It's a bigger DPS increase than as much str/agi,and it's also a damage mitigation

For a tank 4K versatility is better than 4K str/agi by a wide margin,and even for most DPS classes it would be too,it's a flat 9% damage increase from all sources when it procs,tanks are the big winners with concordance
    Nah m8.

Horn of Valor buff provides a far more substantial DPS increase then concordance does on every tank I play, and most of my Horns are in the 4k range.

It's definitely not more dps then a main stat proc would be for all tank specs(can't speak for the ones I don't play).

But it's still strong because it's damage, healing and DR.

Yea, main stat gives bigger dps increase on my tank, too.

Why don't all roles get a versatility procc? No equality?
    Last edited by Daan; 2017-05-25 at 09:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Versatility is amazing for Bear tanks, even above Agility.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post

Not even close for DPS on my prot pally. STR > Haste >> Versatility.
    Haste is even better for our survivability. There's a reason prot pallies stack haste rather than versatility.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought Blizz made a conscious effort back in 7.1.5 to boost the role of primary stats above secondary, so they would always be better. Wasn't that part of their move to make more item level upgrades real upgrades? And now that they've done it, shouldn't primary stats be budgeted as being more valuable?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Versatility is amazing for Bear tanks, even above Agility.
    Maybe it's just meant to be more valuable for Bears than other tanks. They are the chosen tanks of Legion.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-05-25 at 09:49 AM.

Deleted
    From the balance side, if it was vers for dps it would devalue vers a ton, would not be a great idea since it already is the worst stat for a lot of classes. Tanks would not get much defensive value from main stat and that's the only reason they get vers, and even if it devalues their vers on gear they still "double dip" on it cause they want to be hit and want to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    From the balance side, if it was vers for dps it would devalue vers a ton, would not be a great idea since it already is the worst stat for a lot of classes. Tanks would not get much defensive value from main stat and that's the only reason they get vers, and even if it devalues their vers on gear they still "double dip" on it cause they want to be hit and want to hit.
    Haste helps me both offensively and defensively, and it helps with both more than Versatility.

It should have just been flat damage decrease, just because other tanks benefit more from versatility than others.

Deleted

so a tank having strength or agi for instance offers no benifit to them being able to tank.
    Thats wrong, strength gives parry and agility gives dodge. While minor and RNG dependant, it has a defensive value. I'd much ratter prefere 4k strength over 4k versa just for the dmg, it helps more than a shit reduction, tanks are tanky enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its better than main stat as it scales with ALL the stats !!! Versa buffs str crit mastery where str gets buffed by versa haste crit and mastery.

Its better than main stat
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted
    Haste helps me both offensively and defensively, and it helps with both more than Versatility.
    This has nothing to do with anything. Tanks have vers cause they dont get almost any defensive power from str/agi, thats all there is.

edit: saying str/agi has defensive value is silly, having an rng proc to give you less than a 4%~ chance to avoid an attack is not a defensive cd. The defensive power of str/agi is the fact that stuff dies faster.
    So no versatility is not equal to primary stats, but roles are not equal to other roles.
    Last edited by mmoc029e10d7f3; 2017-05-25 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    Its better than main stat as it scales with ALL the stats !!! Versa buffs str crit mastery where str gets buffed by versa haste crit and mastery.

Its better than main stat
    That's not how we measure. We measure by running the sims to see which stat causes me to do more dps? Which causes me to take least damage? I would benefit more from strength or haste.

- - - Updated - - -

This has nothing to do with anything. Tanks have vers cause they dont get almost any defensive power from str/agi, thats all there is.

edit: saying str/agi has defensive value is silly, having an rng proc to give you less than a % chance to avoid an attack is not a defensive. The defensive power of str/agi is the fact that stuff dies faster.
    ??? This has to do with why some specs get their best stat and others get their 4th best.

thats all there is.
    Says who?

Look, I'm not expecting anything to change, and I'm not really that fussed about it, but I am noticing an incongruity and commenting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    If memory serves you still do actually get dodge/parry from agi/str.
    Thought they removed that with 6.0 at the start of wod?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    Thats wrong, strength gives parry and agility gives dodge. While minor and RNG dependant, it has a defensive value. I'd much ratter prefere 4k strength over 4k versa just for the dmg, it helps more than a shit reduction, tanks are tanky enough.
    i dont get dodge from agility as a bear druid anymore,. i thought this was removed a while ago.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    i dont get dodge from agility as a bear druid anymore,. i thought this was removed a while ago.
    http://imgur.com/FX2xmmw even the shit blizzard numbers say that you get dodge from it. And blizzard doesn't even show some multipliers or hidden passives.

7+ Year Old Account
    yes but not all tanks want haste, so they dont want to confuse it with "uhh they get haste, they get mastery, they get crit, they get strength, they get vers" and just make it raw out vers so it is the same for all of them...

also your "well some specs get their best stat well others get their 4th" get a fucking hold of yourself, it effects each spec the exact same as it is the exact same % of damage reduced, damage increased, and healing recieved increased.

of corse with ANYTHING from stats some specs will get a slight advantage

"hur dur for warlocks this is stupid fucking unfair, for destro int is the third best stat but in demo it is the second, come on blizzard fucking cater to my needs"

look, if you are 0.1% weaker then a warrior tank cause they use the stat slightly better, and you need to make a thread about it. well. idk

but fine let me go make a thread crying about how "wtf blizz why the fuck did we get int? why couldent we have gotten haste, that way my spec would be catered to!?"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-05-25 at 12:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content