Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    why is lining up the buff so important for some?

If the damage is okay it doesnt realy matter....

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kommodus View Post
    Reading the tooltip it says increased damage against target so I'm guessing no good for aoe
    Has potential if thats the case, could kill 2 birds 1 stone

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    why is lining up the buff so important for some?

If the damage is okay it doesnt realy matter....
    because it makes the rotation awkward, and uncomfortable?

if you ALWAYS have a debuff on your target whenever you have to swap it's a huge loss
    not only that, but having so many cooldowns scattered, means that you have to make the most out of every single one, which is basically not doable, so it feels like you have to sacrifice one of your cooldowns efficiency for another's al ot of the time, which also just feels bad.

Deleted
    Seen the newest change to TB and that makes it much more desirable from my point of view, and even more to align it with KB (and maybe vendetta depending how it all adds up). On that point the KB legendary does not seem too bad, but at the same tine not too good either (but thats for another thread ^^').

I agree that the amount of scattered single target debuffs is just going to make the spec more irritating. I do like that the duration of the new talent is short, which means that you can burst down an add with it but its still likely you're going to have one of your other long lasting CDs on your main target, thus keeping you glued.

AP isn't what keeps you glued to your target, its all the valuable ST debuffs on them. I'd prefer meaningful CDs running a short duration on a 45-60s CD. Right now its a constant pool->burst.

This talent helps boost our envenom back up to where it was with our current Tier. which does improve the value of our crit shoulders. Does seem a bit meh that it just comes out of alignment with KB... if only our Gold trait of KB didn't have an internal CD (I get how i could be broken if it wasn't for it), or maybe bring that CD a little lower....

Deleted

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    because it makes the rotation awkward, and uncomfortable?

if you ALWAYS have a debuff on your target whenever you have to swap it's a huge loss
    not only that, but having so many cooldowns scattered, means that you have to make the most out of every single one, which is basically not doable, so it feels like you have to sacrifice one of your cooldowns efficiency for another's al ot of the time, which also just feels bad.
    To me, this is interesting. Having to deal with different stacks of CD that are coming together or not is an motivating challenge for which out of the box guides are useless. You have to understand how the CDs, talents and spells interact with each others. An interesting challenge !

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    30% might be too little, the Cd is still wierd as hell with it not lining with KB. I doubt itll be better than Alacricity, but at least its much better than the crit crap we got before.
    My first thought was not to focus on lining it up with KB but getting more out of Envenom, Im cool with Alacrity & Toxic blade because I can switch targets more effectively.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    30% might be too little, the Cd is still wierd as hell with it not lining with KB. I doubt itll be better than Alacricity, but at least its much better than the crit crap we got before.
    How does it not line with KB? please just stop rofl. KB's cooldown is 30s with AP, which has lower application rate than DP, it's ~25s with DP meaning it lines up just fine.
    Last edited by mmocf8a5cc7d0f; 2017-05-25 at 11:34 AM.

The new version is better, but i still think that we don't need another active ability, much less a debuff locked to one target that we need to line up with some other stuff.

In my opinion they are throwing so many stuff into the mix that the basic essence of the spec is starting to blur too much.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ithildine View Post
    You have to understand how the CDs, talents and spells interact with each others
    that's the problem, they dont
    they work against each other

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    The new version is better, but i still think that we don't need another active ability, much less a debuff locked to one target that we need to line up with some other stuff.

In my opinion they are throwing so many stuff into the mix that the basic essence of the spec is starting to blur too much.
    An active ability would be ok (Assass could always use another button press) but yeah, you're absolutely right, another one that locks us on to a single target and is disjointed from our other CD's is definitely not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    How does it not line with KB? please just stop rofl. KB's cooldown is 30s with AP, which has lower application rate than DP, it's ~25s with DP meaning it lines up just fine.
    What are you talking about, KB CD is something around 30-35 secs with DP actauly, its only 30 secs when you get uber lucky. There is an internal limitation that makes it impossible for you to get a CD reduction more than once every 0.5 secs wich means every time you get double poison procs from mutilate only one of them reduces KB Cd, this was put in place because ppl using FoK on large groups with DP were reducing KB CD bellow the treshold were the extra damage from each tick fades (20 seconds) and were snowballing KB damage to insanity. Because of that the CD never goes bellow 30 secs as you literaly need 1 proc every 0.5 secs during 30 secs to make the CD go as low as 30 secs.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2017-05-26 at 03:50 AM.

They should have just made it say putting lethal poison on a target affected by kingsbane reduces the cd.
    So that fan would never have been a problem =/.
    Last edited by Dunderstudy; 2017-05-26 at 11:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    All I can say is this: I was fine with AP.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

AP has/had got to be one of the most boring talents to come out in Legion lol. If anything, I kinda wish dispatch would have stayed in Legion cause I loved how the spec played in MoP and Wod, as simple as it was. AP sucked gameplay wise, but tbh the whole assassination talent tree is pretty bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunderstudy View Post
    They should have just made it say putting lethal poison on a target affected by kingsbane reduces the cd.
    So that fan would never have been a problem =/.
    Or...they could just fix the bad scripting of the spell. There is nothing wrong with being able to massively reduce KB cooldown in large packs with FoK. Sub will get a similar mechanic.

I still think the debuff should spread to additional targets over time. Every 4 seconds, it spreads to 2 additional targets, and maybe after the poison exits their blood, they get a debuff making them immune from the spreading-debuff mechanic

So imagine a pack of 7 mobs. You hit your target with toxic blades. after 4 seconds, 3 mobs are now affected (main has 4 seconds left, new ones have 8 seconds). Then after 4 more, the main one spreads to 2 more, and the new ones spread to 2 more, each.

Basically, after 12 seconds of using toxic blades on the main target, almost all the trash around you is affected. I think it would be a cool way to implement the spread of toxins, without being overpowered. Similar to how rupture used to have a chance to spread to additional targets.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Welp it's just buff to poison damage now, no longer nature.

Toxic Blade - Stab your enemy with a toxic poisoned blade, dealing 600% Nature damage.
    The damage of your poisons against the target is increased by 35% for 9 sec.
    Awards 1 combo point.
    Cost changed from 25 Energy to 20 Energy

All rogue abilities that deal nature damage are considered poison, even if the tooltip says nature. That is why envenom etc. scales with mastery and is boosted by MP.