Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Sean Hannity losing sponsors over latest conspiracy theory

Why does this guy still have a job? It seems like the whole point of being a journalist is to check the facts and report the truth.

Seven companies announced Wednesday that they will no longer advertise on Sean Hannity's nightly show on Fox News.

Cars.com, the automotive classified site, was the first to announce that it was pulling its commercials from the popular 10pm nightly talk show Hannity, which has devoted extensive airtime to a conspiracy theory surrounding a murdered Democratic Party official.

'The fact that we advertise on a particular program doesn’t mean that we agree or disagree, or support or oppose, the content,' Cars.com said Wednesday in a statement.*

'We don’t have the ability to influence content at the time we make our advertising purchase. In this case, we’ve been watching closely and have recently made the decision to pull our advertising from Hannity.'*

Six other advertisers followed suit, according to BuzzFeed.

They include two mattress companies, Leesa and Casper; exercise bike maker Peloton; military family insurer USAA; Crowne Plaza Hotels; and Ring, which provides outdoor home security.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4i4l16MLe
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Last edited by fengosa; 2017-05-25 at 08:17 AM.

What will Fox do if they lose Hannity too? Tucker Carlson can only do so many stupid looks in a day.

You know how when you look at someone and you can just read them perfectly, Hannity is that guy for me. So trust me when I say, Hannity is a shit bag of the highest caliber.

Wonder if CNN/MSNBC will lose any sponsers with their 24/7 coverage of the Trump/Russia conspiracy.

Oh right, its only a conspiracy if its against the liberal narrative. Shitty/anonymous information and sources are 100% legit when it does fit the narrative though.

Still waiting on that impeachment.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scmpoe View Post
    Oh right, its only a conspiracy if its against the liberal narrative. Shitty/anonymous information and sources are 100% legit when it does fit the narrative though.
    There is a non crazy narrative served by the story these sponsors are lost over?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    There is a non crazy narrative served by the story these sponsors are lost over?
    A whistlerblower being killed to preserve secrets of the country's corrupt elites is not crazy, and is just as/more likely than Trump being Putin's puppet.

Not that either is true. The DNC is unquestionably corrupt however.
    Last edited by scmpoe; 2017-05-25 at 11:00 AM.

Hannity will ultimately be done in not by the evuuuul liberal MSM, but by the higher ups at his own network, who probably see him as a relic of the Ailes era and are doing everything they can to rebrand and distance themselves from that image.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scmpoe View Post
    Wonder if CNN/MSNBC will lose any sponsers with their 24/7 coverage of the Trump/Russia conspiracy.

Still waiting on that impeachment.
    Donald Trump is an anonymous source?

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Why does this guy still have a job? It seems like the whole point of being a journalist is to check the facts and report the truth.

Seven companies announced Wednesday that they will no longer advertise on Sean Hannity's nightly show on Fox News.

Cars.com, the automotive classified site, was the first to announce that it was pulling its commercials from the popular 10pm nightly talk show Hannity, which has devoted extensive airtime to a conspiracy theory surrounding a murdered Democratic Party official.

'The fact that we advertise on a particular program doesn’t mean that we agree or disagree, or support or oppose, the content,' Cars.com said Wednesday in a statement.*

'We don’t have the ability to influence content at the time we make our advertising purchase. In this case, we’ve been watching closely and have recently made the decision to pull our advertising from Hannity.'*

Six other advertisers followed suit, according to BuzzFeed.

They include two mattress companies, Leesa and Casper; exercise bike maker Peloton; military family insurer USAA; Crowne Plaza Hotels; and Ring, which provides outdoor home security.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4i4l16MLe
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    I am trying to figure out why we should care?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Because corporations deciding what information should or should not be aired is obviously good for everyone! /s

Better them then government! /s

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Hannity will ultimately be done in not by the evuuuul liberal MSM, but by the higher ups at his own network, who probably see him as a relic of the Ailes era and are doing everything they can to rebrand and distance themselves from that image.
    True and once they do that rebrand they're basically done as a news network. They're already seeing how it's going to be with their squishy moderate approach and their giant tank in ratings, but personally I'm fine with this. Let them tank, because they've always been Establishment even when they were pushing the Tea Party narrative. They've used the grassroots and haven't ever embodied it.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one is asking you to care.

A lot of people view Hannity as an extremely dishonest political commentator. I personally believe the world would be a much better place without him spewing his conspiracy theories on such a highly rated new channel. So for that reason, I care. But you certainly don't need to. And no one is asking you to.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    No one is asking you to care.

A lot of people view Hannity as an extremely dishonest political commentator. I personally believe the world would be a much better place without him spewing his conspiracy theories on such a highly rated new channel. So for that reason, I care. But you certainly don't need to. And no one is asking you to.
    He's on the same Spectrum as Rachel Maddow, no sane person listens to either one and takes them serious. Gee I hope next we see sponsor stories about the Kardashians.

7+ Year Old Account
    Starting to look like Fox news is in need of a safe space.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's on the same Spectrum as Rachel Maddow, no sane person listens to either one and takes them serious.
    This is obviously false. Sean Hannity is significantly worse than Rachel Maddow. Sean Hannity has propagated several conspiracy theories - including Birtherism, Hillary Clinton brain damage and seizure stories, and now Seth Rich.

Furthermore, Sean Hannity is a college dropout, while Maddow holds a doctorate in politics from the University of Oxford.
    Eat yo vegetables

This is obviously false. Sean Hannity is significantly worse than Rachel Maddow. Sean Hannity has propagated several conspiracy theories - including Birtherism, Hillary Clinton brain damage and seizure stories, and now Seth Rich.

Furthermore, Sean Hannity is a college dropout, while Maddow holds a doctorate in politics from the University of Oxford.
    Who gives a shit who is worse, they are both is shit, this is like comparing snot to piss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who gives a shit who is worse, they are both is shit, this is like comparing snot to piss.
    It's actually more like comparing a highly credentialed political journalist that's liberal to a high school drop out that peddles conspiracy theories.

So yeah. Totally the same.

Do you even watch Rachel Maddow? Just curious how you know she's so bad.
    Eat yo vegetables

It's actually more like comparing a highly credentialed political journalist that's liberal to a high school drop out that peddles conspiracy theories.

So yeah. Totally the same.

Do you even watch Rachel Maddow? Just curious how you know she's so bad.
    You're defending Rachel Maddow? Yeah.. we're done here.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're defending Rachel Maddow? Yeah.. we're done here.
    This is your attack on Rachel Maddow: Um she's bad! Everyone knows she's bad!

Do you care to expand on that? Yes, she's outspoken, she's liberal, she doesn't like Trump. But she's not claiming to be neutral, and I do not find her reporting to be unethical.

So why is she so bad?
    Eat yo vegetables

Fox News like most(....all) cable 24hr news networks are pretty much designed around getting ratings and thus choose a demographic and target them with what they want to hear. Big money in news is ultimately a big problem. Just as big money in politics is. People on either side can choose a channel and hear what they want.

Although I will admit that while I am at work they have Fox News on one of the TVs and I can honestly say at this point they are even having trouble keeping the spin up on the bat shit crazy shit Trump does.