Deleted

Lego helm + cape really worth it?

Hi guys ive been troubled by this for a while now and while searching for it regularly i havent found any thread or information about this !

Using lego helm and cape requires us to use the chest tier piece with terrible stats. The mastery loss on it is probably 4%ish damage. Im making this post on my phone so i dont know the exact amount unfortunately.

Also the cape seems to be rated above the helm by a small margin however i do greater dps and smoother play with the helm.

I was just hoping on some of your comments about this. What do you guys prefer: helm or cape - or do you use both with good results?

Link to armory: Gorne - kazzak (cant post link yet)

I have 910 tier helm and 905 haste mastery belt as backup. My tier chest is only 895.

To be honest i usually play helm + bracers since they are my worst piece but was thinking maybe to use the execute ring. Any thoughts if its worth the stat loss of a bis stat ring?
    Ive tried simming but my pc just entirely shuts down everytime i try even though i have a decent pc running wow on max settings

Hope this can help us all understand this a little better.

Shoot !

BiS legendaries strongly depends on the rest of your gear, so without simming it's highly unlikely that anyone here can accurately answer your question. Use the raidbots.com tools. The load is taken off your PC and put into his servers. Should allow you to sim as needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin9845 View Post
    BiS legendaries strongly depends on the rest of your gear, so without simming it's highly unlikely that anyone here can accurately answer your question. Use the raidbots.com tools. The load is taken off your PC and put into his servers. Should allow you to sim as needed.
    Aright ill give that a shot thanks. Been checking top logs from some warriors and i barely see the combination of helm and cape. I suppose its not worth it as replacing the chest you lose approx 4%ish but gain it back with the cape.. i think ill stick with helm and something else.

Ill check that server sim thou ! Cheers

For what it's worth I've had Ceann-Ar Charger and Kazzalax's for a long time now and Rethu's simmed on par (about 500 dps worse) with the cloak.

Being able to drop management of the Fujieda's Fury and gain a passive heal/movement speed increase was a welcomed change.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Only way to know is if you sim yourself. However, I can say that if you're geared (like around heroic Nighthold ilvl), I'd say there's probably a 90% chance that helm+cloak is going to be inferior to another combo of legends just because of the stat loss (like you said). Our current tier pieces just have trash statting all around (except for the helm...but we wear the legendary one so thanks blizz haha). I don't remember off the top of my head, but I think I recall Tomb tier having better stats, which might end up making helm+cloak more viable.

Right now, my best combo is actually helm+bracers (recently overtook helm+boots), so it just goes to show how you can't simply rely on a legendary "tier list" to determine what you wear. You just gotta sim it yourself since everyone's gear and stat situation is different. I'm currently crossing my fingers for Prydaz, as I'm guessing it will perform better than the bracers.

I wondered the same thing for some time. I have all fury and dps legendaries and my numbers are:

903 equipped with Ceann + Kazz: 946k sim 19/22/49/2
    904 equipped with Prydaz + Kazz: 948k sim 18/26/50/3 crit/haste/mastery/vers
    904 equipped with Prydaz + Mann: 939k sim 16/28/48/6

So its basically a toss up for me which set I wear. prydaz + kazz is usually what I wear just for the extra haste in raids. Usually prydaz + mann for world stuff. all that healing is invaluable while soloing broken shore elites. stratagem + sephuz for the blazing fast speed.

It seems like a negligible amount either way. In my case the better stats on better tier pieces wins out, so take what you will from that
    Last edited by Demonpuke; 2017-05-24 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftExE View Post
    Only way to know is if you sim yourself. However, I can say that if you're geared (like around heroic Nighthold ilvl), I'd say there's probably a 90% chance that helm+cloak is going to be inferior to another combo of legends just because of the stat loss (like you said). Our current tier pieces just have trash statting all around (except for the helm...but we wear the legendary one so thanks blizz haha). I don't remember off the top of my head, but I think I recall Tomb tier having better stats, which might end up making helm+cloak more viable.

Right now, my best combo is actually helm+bracers (recently overtook helm+boots), so it just goes to show how you can't simply rely on a legendary "tier list" to determine what you wear. You just gotta sim it yourself since everyone's gear and stat situation is different. I'm currently crossing my fingers for Prydaz, as I'm guessing it will perform better than the bracers.
    What are you doing to compare your various legendaries? I assume just swapping them out and replacing slots with items that have the most weight and then simming.

I have all the Fury legendaries and am currently running Ceann-Ar Charger + Rethu's Incessant Courage, but also have access to prydaz and Mannoroth's Bloodletting Manacles.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    What are you doing to compare your various legendaries? I assume just swapping them out and replacing slots with items that have the most weight and then simming.

I have all the Fury legendaries and am currently running Ceann-Ar Charger + Rethu's Incessant Courage, but also have access to prydaz and Mannoroth's Bloodletting Manacles.
    Yep, pretty much! The best legendary combo will also be determined by how good the non-legendary item you have for that slot would be too (ex: replacing a 920 belt for Rethu's isn't going to be as big of an increase as replacing 880 bracers for Mannoroth's). I'd definitely recommend summing all those, cause you've got a nice selection!

Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    What are you doing to compare your various legendaries?
    I suggest the SimPermut addon to generate a comparison string for sim craft and running it as an advanced command in raidbots.com, that's what I do at least.. that addon also allows you to easily add/change enchants and gems to your gear.
    When you get the result and find out CopyXX is the highest, check the full html report, navigate to CopyXX and open the gear section, then you know what gear "CopyXX" actually used.