Thread: Far Cry 5

Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Far Cry 5

Was Far Cry 4 that game with the guy who was in a jungle and there was an elephant? Maybe I should look into the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always wanted to visit America but now i can just play this game to get an idea what it's like to live there

A US far cry game? Sigh shut up and take my money.

So what ill it be for baddies, religious nut jobs, crazy militia guys, or a drug empire? All 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post

So what ill it be for baddies, religious nut jobs, crazy militia guys, or a drug empire? All 3?
    Uhh it's in Montana so that should narrow it down for you. Probably a mix of 1 and 2 with some weird cult controlling a small town in Montana.

Drug Empire in Montana LUL

I just hope there is a native reservation in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Uhh it's in Montana so that should narrow it down for you. Probably a mix of 1 and 2 with some weird cult controlling a small town in Montana.

Drug Empire in Montana LUL

I just hope there is a native reservation in the game.
    I mean hey you never know, but ya I'm assuming a reservation will be in and they will be the good guys that save you and turn you into a bad ass tattooed warrior

Wonder if it'll use the same map from Far Cry 3 and 4.

I still haven't gotten around to play Far Cry 4, but I really liked FC3 which I finished 2 times. I'm liking the new setting so far which hopefully takes a break of the woods/jungles that the previous 2 games had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved 1, loved 2 but the lacklustre 2nd half of the game with the desert environment toned it down a bit, loved 3, I saw 4 as 3.5 but it was still a great game, still have to play Primal but somehow never felt the urge to do so.

5 being in a current day setting will probably be enough to make me buy it. Yet I do hope some evolving of the series as 3 & 4 where a bit too much alike in both gameplay and graphics.

The open area's in the teaser look... very... open... I'm curious on how they'll make fast stretches of farmland look engaging in the final product. And this ofc might just be a small part of the entire game.

Getting this day one.

Fearlessly predicting it to be 2017 game of the year.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Take on those pesky private ranchers!
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Sigh

Another cult spin-off of Christianity? Way to give us something fucking new, Ubisoft.

I like the idea of a Far Cry set in the U.S. - we do have a pretty damn majestic and still somewhat untamed land full of awesome creatures, but for fuck's sake, Christianity cults have been done to fucking death. Make a cult out of a religion that maybe we aren't that familiar with. Make it fresh and interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Sigh

Another cult spin-off of Christianity? Way to give us something fucking new, Ubisoft.

I like the idea of a Far Cry set in the U.S. - we do have a pretty damn majestic and still somewhat untamed land full of awesome creatures, but for fuck's sake, Christianity cults have been done to fucking death. Make a cult out of a religion that maybe we aren't that familiar with. Make it fresh and interesting.
    They'd be accused of bigotry.

Its 2017. Its only ok to lampoon white people and Christianity. Anything else and you're a dirty racist (insert religion other than Christianity)phobe

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    They'd be accused of bigotry.

Its 2017. Its only ok to lampoon white people and Christianity. Anything else and you're a dirty racist (insert religion other than Christianity)phobe
    Yeah, SJW's have pretty much poisoned that creativity pool, but make it a cult that's such a hodgepodge of other religions and cultures that it'd be impossible to say for sure who they're being "bigoted" against. Hell, most legit realworld cults ARE a mix of elements from big religions, ripped off wholesale by some charismatic person and twisted into something of his/her own making.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Sigh

Well it's Montana, the only real option for a badguy faction is crazy religious white people. 3 and 4 already had crazy factions from other religions.

Wow, a game set in the US that features red-necks (+5) and a christian cult (+5). They should have put it in the southern part and at least taken the hatrick bonus multiplier for cliche trifecta extraordinaire (x3), putting it in the north only gets them a bonus (+10) for a combo breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post

Classic rednecks of course, what else?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Wow, a game set in the US that features red-necks (+5) and a christian cult (+5). They should have put it in the southern part and at least taken the hatrick bonus multiplier for cliche trifecta extraordinaire (x3), putting it in the north only gets them a bonus (+10) for a combo breaker.
    I mean their are rednecks in just about every state in the us, its just the ones in the south that tend to be racist. The Northwest is really the best spot to do a Us Farcry game, the only other option would be Florida, there the only big game is gators, boar, cougars, and blackbears.

The northwest has black bears, brown bears, cougars, elk, mouse, wolves, bison, boar, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    I hope i can have that wolf as a companion.