Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    There was nothing in the article that went with the title. It had nothing to do with waiting to long. It wasn't like one person got sick of not getting married and left to find someone who was willing to commit. This was just a story about one person who's engagement was called off. It happens. The exact same article could have been written about a 3 year relationship that ended during the engagement. Or a 6 month one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Seriously what do you do with your time? You always come up with extremely random articles from site that I never thought anyone would ever look at.
    Stop nation bashing. This is an article from a top newspaper. Hardly a random one from a nowhere site.

I have been thinking about this one and more and more I have come to the conclusion that this was this guy's ultimate revenge. She probably hated her guts for awhile but all the while let her setup everything up apparently on her dime. Then decided to pull out almost virtually at the last second. Then after the breakup laughed himself to sleep every night at what she would have to go through on cancelling the wedding.

This mostly seems like a cautionary tale against the absurdity of very expensive weddings. If people invested as much energy and planning into their marriages as their weddings, they'd likely do better for themselves in life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Its all about that post count. Clearly this person rarely leaves the house and the only thing they have to look forward to is raising their post count.
    Nice flaming.
    I have what...10 posts in the last 6 days. What a no lifer. Meanwhile you're boasting about your computer set up in your sig. Lmao

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I have what...10 posts in the last 6 days
    I mean... We can see your posting history.

15 posts in less than 24 hours, to be exact, out of which 4 posts are new threads started by you. Still, 4 new threads started, and a total of 15 posts, within a 24 hour period wouldn't make one a "no lifer" per se. Something else, though.

Incidentally, 50% of those new threads you started break the "no gender-related threads" -rule, but I guess that's cool and all.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2017-05-25 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I got broken up with about 2 weeks before I was going to ask her to marry me. At least I didn't give her the ring yet, so I returned it and bought a motorcycle.

I now ride around at triple digit speeds because I don't really feel anything anymore and not really sure if I will again.

Isn't love grand?
    Moral of the story, all things are solved by a high power to weight ratio.
    Ride safe friend.

I came across this...

https://www.thestar.com/life/relatio...r-wedding.html

How troubling. A 12 year "relationship" and then a 2 year+ engagement period? All for nothing.
    What's up with that anyways? If you're gonna get married then go ahead and do it. Why the extremely long engagement period and exorbitant wedding. Clearly the "I'll stay with them a while to make sure they're the right one" strategy isn't a good one. Now this person and others like her are left picking up the pieces and wondering what those last 12 years are worth.

In many cases they end up really angry and bitter and spend a long time trying to erase the other person from their life. A much better plan is to get married soon after meeting the person and go all in. Be committed and sincere.
    At least they didn't have kids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

15 posts in less than 24 hours, to be exact, out of which 4 posts are new threads started by you. Still, 4 new threads started, and a total of 15 posts, within a 24 hour period wouldn't make one a "no lifer" per se. Something else, though.

Incidentally, 50% of those new threads you started break the "no gender-related threads" -rule, but I guess that's cool and all.
    Most of the rules only apply to protected people and things. You can bash men all you want, but can't bash women. You can bash religion all day long like I've seen Endus do, but don't touch the untouchable one! You can bash white people, but any other group nope. Just some clarity on the rules.

10+ Year Old Account

Looks like 9 posts in 6 days at the time of his post? The others were made after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I got broken up with about 2 weeks before I was going to ask her to marry me. At least I didn't give her the ring yet, so I returned it and bought a motorcycle.

I now ride around at triple digit speeds because I don't really feel anything anymore and not really sure if I will again.

Isn't love grand?
    Moral of the story, all things are solved by a high power to weight ratio.
    The faster you go, the less you care about the things around you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, except they're not random though. The top two issues Tennis posts are fatshaming, and pushing marriage on everyone. Then there's a smaller bunch of how women should be doing this and women should be doing that; trying to put women in their place. Also, some stuff about immigration and Canada.

Mainly just fatshaming and marriage though.

Well, that's marriage for ya. Mostly pointless and for nothing.
    You forgot his Canada "is best" shit
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Well good thing they did have a 2 year engagement process.. They would have gotten divorced anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds to me like he made it out in the nick of time!

Stop nation bashing. This is an article from a top newspaper. Hardly a random one from a nowhere site.
    Can't tell if you're trolling or just bad at reading. How exactly is this "nation bashing"?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    But at least they would have had a kick-ass wedding instead of having to deal with unplanning one.
    You know what those things cost, right?

Seriously, call it off before the wedding, not after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I've heard enough Family Court proceedings to know divorce is worse than breaking off an engagement.
    Much more so. However, If you want to get married and find someone you know you love ( and are confident they love you just as much ) and want to spend the rest of your life with, then do not hesitate. Grab it before it fly's away. Just make sure you understand the difference between love and passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Msshammy View Post
    12-year relationship and year-and-a-half engagement... That seems really long.. I may be wrong or crazy, but it sounds like he didn't have intentions of marrying her anyways.
    While that is certainly possible, I have a different viewpoint on this. I was living with my wife for 9 years before we decided to get married. 1 year engagement after that. It got to the point where I told her that if we didn't start a family within the next year or so, I was going to have to leave. I didn't want to have a child and be too old and tired to enjoy having kids. She was all about work at the time, and I was all about family. It turns out she has become an exceptional mother to my 2 daughters, and the best wife anyone could ask for.

The man in that story may have just felt like she was going to simply drag it on and on, and had the need to cut his losses after realizing she wasn't at the same point in life as he was.

A man breaking up with a woman isn't always the guy just being a jerk. Also, she could have just irritated the living shit out of him with 2 years of planning for an event he wanted complete long ago. Can't say I blame him really. Assuming that was the issue...who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    I came across this...

https://www.thestar.com/life/relatio...r-wedding.html

How troubling. A 12 year "relationship" and then a 2 year+ engagement period? All for nothing.
    What's up with that anyways? If you're gonna get married then go ahead and do it. Why the extremely long engagement period and exorbitant wedding. Clearly the "I'll stay with them a while to make sure they're the right one" strategy isn't a good one. Now this person and others like her are left picking up the pieces and wondering what those last 12 years are worth.

In many cases they end up really angry and bitter and spend a long time trying to erase the other person from their life. A much better plan is to get married soon after meeting the person and go all in. Be committed and sincere.
    To me, this just shows how stupid the mindset that any relationship that doesn't result in marriage is a failure is. Like marriage is some kind of prize. If people didn't have that idea drilled into their heads all their lives by society, I think break-ups would be a lot less devastating. Sure, there would still be heartache and sadness, but people wouldn't look back at the happy time spend together as a complete waste simply because it didn't end in marriage. I just don't understand why people cannot just enjoy the time they do have with someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Just make sure you understand the difference between love and passion.
    Good call. Passion doesn't last forever for most couples. You should marry someone you enjoy being with. You shouldn't marry someone you simply enjoy screwing.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    I don't think you should be giving relationship advice... just sayin.
    I was thinking the same exact thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    I don't think you should be giving relationship advice... just sayin.
    Really? Who on here is more qualified than me?